Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat D
    PCT thinks Dr. Toole never looked into cables, but very credible people who know have said he did. If you do not wish to draw a conclusion from the evidence, you don't have to. Here are a couple of references.

"Audiolab Test: Six Power Amplifiers", Masters, Ian G., Audio Scene Canada, May 1977, pg 44-50.

"Audiolab Test: Amplifiers and Speaker Cables", Masters, Ian G., Audio Scene Canada, Jun 1981, pg 24-27.

Go ask Ian Masters, Alan Lofft, or Dr. Toole himself whether the NRC looked into cables to see if they were relevant to their speaker testing. Why get it second or third hand from us? Get it first hand from people who were involved.
    Alan Lofft works for Axiom. Axiom sells audiophile cables:

http://www.axiomaudio.com/products.html

What do you make of this?

Quote Originally Posted by pctower
    Oh, BTW, that post where you give due credit to MM? That's here at AR where we all know he posted it first. That still leaves the impression at AA that you came up with it all by your lonesome. Nice try, consuler.

http://db.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.mpl?...an&r=&session=

Nice try, Bozo..
    Uh, Phil. I hate to tell ya but that post is almost two years old. Got anything that isn't moldy where you attributed credit where due?

Lessee.. .last constructive post was over a year ago. Last attribution to MM over two years ago.

Jeez, phil. Haven't you done anything except mudslinging lately? Doesn't appear so. I guess time flies when you're having fun, eh?..

If you want to see my contributions. just lurk at any other forum here and other forums. I guarantee you won't have to search back a year to fined one.

Oh, I'll give you as far back as you want to go. Just point me to some of your great contributions. You're the one that brought up the subject - so put up or shut up.
    Nope. I ain't gonna put up OR shut up. I'm gonna continure having fun with you.

I don't have to prove anything to you. If anyone cares to see my posts, it's so simple to find 'em that any moron could do it. I'm sure the lurkers are having a great time watching this grand tussle. After all, they probably have seen us both in action countless times.

Odds are quite good that if they have been anywhere except this cable forum, they have seen my input.

...and they certainly don't have to search back over a year ago to find it, either.

Well, perhaps I misspoke. You DO seem to be having problems with it. In that case, I'll give ya a little hint... look beyond mud slinging cable arguments. Betcha you never thought of that!

(Bwa ha ha... had to go back a year to find a helpful post! ...almost two years to find proper accredation. ...Bwa ha ha... I'm still laughing so hard my sides hurt. mebbe I should sue. Bwa ha ha..)
    Last edited by markw; 07-07-2004 at 02:50 PM.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by markw
    Uh, Phil. I hate to tell ya butthat post is almosttwo years old. Got anything that isn't moldy where you attributed credit where due?

Nope. I ain't gonna put up or shut up. I don't have to prove anything to you. If anyone cares to see my posts, it's so simple to find 'em that any moron could do it.

Well, perhaps I misspoke. You DO seem to be having problems with it.

In that case, I'll give ya a hint... look beyond mud slinging cable arguments. Betcha yiou never thought of that!

(had to go back a year to find a helpful post! Bwa ha ha... I'm still laughing so hard my sides hurt. mebbe I should sue.)
    Try this one, and then tell the total number of times I have posted the Critical Tools at AA, with and without attributing the quote to MM.

http://db.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.mpl?...er&r=&session=

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by skeptic
    Debating is one thing. Saying regrettable things in the heat of an arguement happens. That's not what its about over there. It's about gratuitous abuse for the sole purpose of belittling people they don't agree with. It's about attacking people when you don't have any way left to attack their arguement. It is inherent in the sale of any religion. And like all religions, sooner or later the bottom line is power and money. And in a free country, it only works if you let it.

I said I don't have PROOF that they use that board as a way to influence their participants into thinking along the lines that audiophile cables are an inherent part of a good sound system. I merely put the facts together and come to that inescapable conclusion. That's called logical deduction. Perhaps it is you who should consider a tuition refund. And to think, I was amazed at the abuse you were enduring here these last few postings. That's nothing to what they are dishing out over there. Wouldn't you be a lot happier forgetting these message boards and just listening to music instead?

Debating is one thing. Saying regrettable things in the heat of an arguement happens. That's not what its about over there. It's about gratuitous abuse for the sole purpose of belittling people they don't agree with. It's about attacking people when you don't have any way left to attack their arguement. It is inherent in the sale of any religion. And like all religions, sooner or later the bottom line is power and money. And in a free country, it only works if you let it.

Agree. I just don't know if it's better to ignore them or fight them.

Wouldn't you be a lot happier forgetting these message boards and just listening to music instead?

No doubt about that.

Try this one, and then tell the total number of times I have posted the Critical Tools at AA, with and without attributing the quote to MM.

http://db.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.mpl?...er&r=&session=

I'm not going to bother to count how many times you've liftteed Carl Sagen's greatness w/o attributig the source. I really don't care.

Well, that's a little better. That's only a little over a year old. What else ya got for me? Anything more current?

Boy, I sure have you dancing, don't I? Sure feels good...

I can just see you at the keyboard ...hands shaking.. ...eyes twitching... ...neck veins bulging ...saying to yourself "I just gotta get that jersey boy...

Are we having fun yet?

Tell ya what, phil.

I'm gettin' a little tired of this. If you walk away, so will I.

In a show of good faith, I'll even change my tag line.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by markw
    I'm gettin' a little tired of this. If you walk away, so will I.

In a show of good faith, I'll even change my tag line.
    Done

Forum Regular

Dr.Toole's e-mail address

Quote Originally Posted by mtrycraft
    I did find an old copy of my correspondence in my library, not in computer as I indicated.
    Cable is BORING. Ohms law, nothing more, nothing less. Amps are almost as boring. Nothing mysterious.
    You still need to contact him if you want to know for sure.
    Do you have Dr.Toole's e-mail address? The Harman International web site doesn't have an address specifically for him. It has a general "contact us" address, and says all e-mails recieved are read, but not all can be answered. It looks like there is no guarantee Dr. Toole would ever see an e-mail to him sent to him at Harman. Please let me know if you have his address.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by okiemax
    Do you have Dr.Toole's e-mail address? The Harman International web site doesn't have an address specifically for him. It has a general "contact us" address, and says all e-mails recieved are read, but not all can be answered. It looks like there is no guarantee Dr. Toole would ever see an e-mail to him sent to him at Harman. Please let me know if you have his address.

Try FToole@harman.com

Or, call his office as I did some time ago to get it.
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    Try FToole@harman.com

Or, call his office as I did some time ago to get it.
    Thanks for Dr. Toole's e-mail address. I have requested the information from Dr. Toole, and have asked for his permission to post his reply on the Forum.

Forum Regular
    Thanks for Dr. Toole's e-mail address. I have requested the information from Dr. Toole, and have asked for his permission to post his reply on the Forum.

Good for you Great. Hope you were Gentlemanly with your email
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    Good for you Great. Hope you were Gentlemanly with your email
    Mtrycraft, please check your private messages.

Forum Regular
    Mtrycraft, please check your private messages.

Thanks. Don't notice it much.
    mtrycrafts

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information