Forum Regular

Post I actually noticed a difference: Monster Lightspeed 100 vs. Monster Lightspeed 200

Ok... This might not be a fair test, but I have a 10 foot Lightspeed 100 and a 1 meter Lightspeed 200.

The Lightspeed 100 came with a Monster PS2 Component cable set.

Well, I first used the Lightspeed 100 with the DTS-ES Version of "Gladiator". Volume at -25dB. Sounded awesome.

Tried the same movie with the Lightspeed 200. Sounded better.

My test used only the first battle scene in Germania. The sound that I paid most attention to was the crack of the fire pots on trees and arrows whizzing. The bass and high pitched sounds were better with the Lightspeed 200.

"Gladiator" was the only movie where I noticed a difference. I didn't notice it in any other movies nor in the "Hell Freezes Over" DTS DVD.

I'll run some more tests with other surround formats but haven't found any other examples of a difference between the cables.

Now, like I said, this may not be a fair test since there is a 6 foot difference in the cable length (which shouldn't really matter at all since the propogation delay is in the nanoseconds with a 6 foot cable delta).

So far the extra money I've spent on the Lightspeed 200 benefits me in 1 movie LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrollo
    So far the extra money I've spent on the Lightspeed 200 benefits me in 1 movie LOL.
    LMAO

Here is another way to make sure what you have heard is true.

Just let somebody else do the swamping (without telling you which cable being used), and listen to the same scene of arrows whizzing to see if you still achieve the same result.

And thne report back
    "Say Hello To My Little Friend."

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrollo

Now, like I said, this may not be a fair test since there is a 6 foot difference in the cable length (which shouldn't really matter at all since the propogation delay is in the nanoseconds with a 6 foot cable delta).

Or, maybe you could have gotten another movie by using just an ordinary interconnect from partsexpress.com?
    mtrycrafts

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Or maybe not. I've noticed significant differences based on design and/or construction. But then again, I'm not making any claims, just stating my personal observations.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by audiosurfer
    Or maybe not. I've noticed significant differences based on design and/or construction. But then again, I'm not making any claims, just stating my personal observations.
    In essence, that is a claim for 'significant differences.'

Now, if you stated you like this much more, that is difficult to question.

And, how do you knoe your personal observation is reliable? Or does it matter if not reliable?
    mtrycrafts

Thread Information