Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by eisforelectronic View Post
    You are driving my hopes higher and higher!!! Now I'm afraid I will be disappointed.
    I'd be surprised if you are. Anti-Cables are an easy recommendation.

One day I'll probably spring for some of their balanced ICs...

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajani View Post
    I'd be surprised if you are. Anti-Cables are an easy recommendation.

One day I'll probably spring for some of their balanced ICs...
    I guess we'll see. Supposedly they were being sent out on Saturday. One 9 foot stereo set with factory twisting. If they are better than my current speaker wire, it will be somewhat bittersweet after investing so much time and work.
    Audio Physic Avanti IV w/upgraded mids and crossover
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se
    Totem Acoustic Dreamcatchers

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I guess we'll see. Supposedly they were being sent out on Saturday. One 9 foot stereo set with factory twisting. If they are better than my current speaker wire, it will be somewhat bittersweet after investing so much time and work.

I have not tried twisting my Anti's yet. Mine are still in that random mess you see in the pictures. In that rather sloppy manner they are self elevating off the floor and do not run parallel to any other cables. May not be to others liking but I enjoy the modern art feel. Do not forget that you can always untwist them if you want.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Ajani
    I never got around to twisting mine either... And I agree that the modern art look is appealing...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    I have not tried twisting my Anti's yet. Mine are still in that random mess you see in the pictures. In that rather sloppy manner they are self elevating off the floor and do not run parallel to any other cables. May not be to others liking but I enjoy the modern art feel. Do not forget that you can always untwist them if you want.
    Paul recommended the twisting for runs of 8 feet or longer.
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se

Paul recommended the twisting for runs of 8 feet or longer.

He would know best but I rarely leave things alone.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

ok, it's been about an hour and a half since I put the Anti-cables in and they are pretty much as advertised. Very nice!!! Thanks for the inspiration to finally pull the trigger!
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se

Ajani
    ok, it's been about an hour and a half since I put the Anti-cables in and they are pretty much as advertised. Very nice!!! Thanks for the inspiration to finally pull the trigger!

Glad to see you're enjoying the new toy...

The clarity is amazing and it only gets better. It feels good for me to stop chasing cables. Enjoy!
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

The clarity is mind blowing, but actually I think everything is better.
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se

I am not sure if Paul said this or I read it in a testimonial but my stereo sounds like there are no speaker cables between the amp and speakers. I have not been able to hear any kind of sonic signature imposed by the wires. I spend much more time listening to the music and not the components.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

I'm thinking about buying these as gifts now
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se

I'm thinking about buying these as gifts now

You are a good person because I only thought of giving my old cables as gifts. Next I think I need a pair of his IC's.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

eisforelectronic...what was your previous cables?
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon View Post
    eisforelectronic...what was your previous cables?
    Actually, what I replaced with the Anti's was home made. Most of the "2 channel" guys in my HT club build there own speaker cables and interconnects out of multiple gauges of stranded wire. So, after learning about this theory from them I started experimenting over the last year and a half. When I had something I felt sounded better than the set of Esoterics I was using I finally swapped them out. A few months ago I built another set taking them a step further and ending up with something consisting of gauges 2-32. I felt it was an improvement, so I kept it. In retrospect it was probably a bit much
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se

Actually, what I replaced with the Anti's was home made. Most of the "2 channel" guys in my HT club build there own speaker cables and interconnects out of multiple gauges of stranded wire. So, after learning about this theory from them I started experimenting over the last year and a half. When I had something I felt sounded better than the set of Esoterics I was using I finally swapped them out. A few months ago I built another set taking them a step further and ending up with something consisting of gauges 2-32. I felt it was an improvement, so I kept it. In retrospect it was probably a bit much
    Thanks...you guy got me wanting a shoot out with my A+ and the Anti cable now.....don't know if I want to spend the coin though.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Tonight I am listening to some MoFi vinyl through my MoFi speakers. The recording currently playing is Coleman Hawkins "the hawk flies high". The AntiCables are doing justice to the sax. The way music pulses and flows is amazing.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

I'm listening to Transformers: Dark of the Moon, the score. Nice deep bass, lots of impact.
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se

Forum Regular
    If any of you guys have braiding skills you might want to try some cheap cat5 speaker cables. They won out in a cable shootout.

Speaker cable made from braided Cat5

Quote Originally Posted by Poultrygeist View Post
    If any of you guys have braiding skills you might want to try some cheap cat5 speaker cables. They won out in a cable shootout.

Interesting link but once you go AntiCable the cable search stops.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

I used cat5 for a little bit, I didn't like it at all. It wasn't braided though.
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se

Forum Regular
    What's the difference between magnet wire and AntiCable? I can buy 12 guage enameled magnet wire for less than $.50 a foot at a local wire dealer.

Ajani
    What's the difference between magnet wire and AntiCable? I can buy 12 guage enameled magnet wire for less than $.50 a foot at a local wire dealer.
    As far as I know; nothing... I know many DIYers claim to have the same results with magnet wire... However, I've yet to get some magnet wire to compare results...

My suggestion would be test the magnet wire from your local dealer against whatever speaker cables you have now and see if you prefer the results... Might be interesting...

The purity of the copper and the grain structure. Plus the very thin insulation. Copper wire does vary in quality.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    The purity of the copper and the grain structure. Plus the very thin insulation. Copper wire does vary in quality.
    Sounds reasonable... Other than the insulation; magnet wire also has the same thin red enamel insulation as anticables...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information