Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I really dont care much for classical anymore, so no thanks. I do wanna see a picture of you cleaning LPs with a happy smile though. I dont ever see that happening though.

Best wishes,

JRA

If you happen to have a copy of Amused to Death by Roger Waters in your collection, then I will gladly pay you at your asking price.

JRA

Alas, no

Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    If you happen to have a copy of Amused to Death by Roger Waters in your collection, then I will gladly pay you at your asking price.

JRA
    Released first in '92, I see. Doesn't seem to be avaible on LP at the moment.

UPDATE: New cartridge completes my upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    Yes, I'm look for the ultimate TT; my ultimate TT, that is.

My old linear tracking Realistic, (model number is POS, I believe), has audible flutter most of the time, so it's useless. What I want to do is record my whole vinyl collection to computer files, but the Realistic won't do it unfortunately.

What I'd like to do is get a used, eBay-special, good enough to play my LPs to a minimal standard for recording, then sell it. Any advice on TTs of this calibre?

This evening I've been enjoying my sweet new Denon Dl-110 high-output moving coil cartridge. Just mounted it and I'm sure it's still breaking in, but sounds very nice. Thanks very much to royphil345 for mentioning William Thakker; cost only US$119 plus shipping, etc.This completes my modest analog upgrade:
    • Technics SL-D2 turntable
    • Cambridge 540P MM phono preamp
    • Denon DL-110 high-output MC cartridge
    It remains my intent to rip my LPs to digital but I haven't started that process yet. Meanwhile my neglected collection is sounding very nice, though I've heard nothing that persuades me that vinyl is inherently better than RBCD -- at its best, anyway.

That cartridge is so much fun, and atta great price too. Enjoy your music as you always do.

JRA

Nice!!! Welcome to the Denon cartridge club... LOL.

My Denon / Technics combo is sounding great. Haven't been tempted to make any more adjustments for awhile. Think it's time for me to get busy on some vinyl to digital conversions I've been wanting to do.

I havent heard anyone comment anything bad about Denon carts on this site. I would mind hearing one though..

I would LOVE to hear how the first conversion turned out from you two. I think that might be the best way to tell if you TT is setup properly. Being able to seek back and forth is pretty nice.

Audio Enthusiast
    I havent heard anyone comment anything bad about Denon carts on this site. I would mind hearing one though..

I would LOVE to hear how the first conversion turned out from you two. I think that might be the best way to tell if you TT is setup properly. Being able to seek back and forth is pretty nice.

I too have noticed that many reviewers in some of the publications always seem to have one of the Denon's attached to one of their turntables. It's usually alongside something much more expensive.

If you're in Southern California, you're welcome to come and hear mine.

(DL-103 also purchased from William Thacker)

Thanks Squeegy200. I`ll be sure to bring my DL-301mk2 and 110 when I do.

I've never been a fan of their products, but I was quite impressed with the SACD player DCD-SA1. They offer incredible stuff here in Japan for 2ch audio, I can understand cuz not many people here has room for HT/MC setup... different market I guess.

JRA

I've never been a fan of their products, but I was quite impressed with the SACD player DCD-SA1.

i think that's normal, considering that the dcd-sa1 is a 8k ($) cd player...

btw, denon club and all, i just happened to find myself a dealer (not on ebay or so, a real person) who happens to have a second-hand, unused denon dl-103 cart, for €100 (retail price €180 new)...
    i also think that i found my new cartridge...

Greetings
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Quote Originally Posted by basite
    i also think that i found my new cartridge...
    That'll be awesome Bast. Of course I have no experience with that cart, but I trust members who use them so that's more than good enough for me.

I didnt think you integrated amp had a MC option. Are you considering to get a stepup transformer or a phono pre?

JRA

phono pre i think

project phonobox II, something entry for now, upgrading later

hope it will be a huge upgrade, mom doesn't see the point in mounting a 'expensive' cart, dad's not too fancy about it too...

they'll be impressed...

Greetings,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Quote Originally Posted by basite
    phono pre i think

project phonobox II, something entry for now, upgrading later

hope it will be a huge upgrade, mom doesn't see the point in mounting a 'expensive' cart, dad's not too fancy about it too...

they'll be impressed...

Greetings,
    Bert.
    Parents just dont understand - Will Smith

I think that's a good choice. But if you are considering to take that route, I would get the PhonoP first and hear how you like your Ortofon. If you like your O'fon with PPB2, you there is no reason to get the Denon. I'm sure the Denon will be a huge upgrade from your O'fon though...

JRA

Actually you would never get the Denon first then a MC pre....ah..........Have a great New Year!!!!!!!!!

JRA

Update / 2

I sold my Cambridge Azur 540P phono preamp. Howcome? Well, I needed a backup preamp for my Sonic Frontiers so I bought a Sansui C-2101 semi-vintage preamp at Audiogon. It has MC-Low and MC-High as well as MM, so the Cambridge is redundant.

Will the Sansui sound better than the Cambridge? Likely not, but it does have the MC and is good enough for my non-critical vinyl requirements. I don't have room for both, anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need ultimate TT advice-sansuic210-700.jpg  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information