Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Regular

Excuse the interuption...

Quote Originally Posted by E-Stat
    As did I. Used an Ariston RD-11s (predecessor to Linn with same motor) for nearly thirty years until recently acquiring a Scout. The VPI is a sweet TT for the price and does excel the Linn designs sonically.
    E-stat,

I noted in the picture that you are running what appears to be a Clearaudio TQ-1 arm on that Scout.

Could we converse via email or something - I have ordered the very same arm on the Clearaudio Master Solution table and am awaiting delivery. Would love some clues as to its mysteries....

congrats on the new Linn

I hope your enjoying your as much as I am enjoying mine...

Cheers, Pogue
    • Mark Levinson No. 27
    • Musical Fidelity 308cr
    • Martin Logan Prodigy's
    • Ariel Acoustics 10-T
    • Rega Planet CD
    • CJ Premier 9 DAC
    • Linn LP12 - Basik Plus - Valhalla
    • Benz Micro Cart.
    • Akai GX 747 Reel to Reel
    • Straight Wire Virtuoso Interconnects

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by musicoverall
    It's been at least a decade since I've heard a Linn turntable. There are no Linn dealers in my area. I use the same SOTA I've had for awhile but have upgraded it to SOTA's new standards. It's as good or better than any I've heard. I haven't shopped around because my vinyl playback system was never a soft spot in my overall rig. Now the digital front end... that was another matter!

I just scored an Audio Note Dac 3.1X on the secondary market and for the first time in my life, I'm beginning to question which format sounds better. Digital could never do before what it does with the AN. Man, nothing for me to ***** about now! I'd say that on some recordings, vinyl sounds better and on some, I prefer the CD. For years I thought it CD was just a lousy format and it still does some things I don't care for but the AN made it clear that a good CD player will bring out the virtues of the medium.
    Well the 3.1 one box player made a startling improvement, at the dealer I frequent, over the smapling variants. Peter Qvortrup has roughly 70,000 albums and decided to make cd players simply becuase some new music was only on CD. Voila a technology that is actually listenable.

I would like to hear his new Vinyl replay. Then you'll want to upgrade the DAC lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First jump into vinyl:  LINN lp-12-tt-3-reference-table.jpg   First jump into vinyl:  LINN lp-12-tt3-control.jpg  

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RGA
    Well the 3.1 one box player made a startling improvement, at the dealer I frequent, over the smapling variants. Peter Qvortrup has roughly 70,000 albums and decided to make cd players simply becuase some new music was only on CD. Voila a technology that is actually listenable.

I would like to hear his new Vinyl replay. Then you'll want to upgrade the DAC lol.
    Yeah, I was amazed! I got a great deal on it and it's worth it's weight in gold! Nothing else I tried was as able to highlight the CD's strengths and downplay its weaknesses. Some might say it's not an accurate sound but I prefer to think that it just allows the music through and not the distortions. It sounds accurate to me. And no, I ain't upgrading for a long time! No way! I just bought cables and before that a set of monoblock tube amps. No more cash outlay for audio gear until 2006 at the earliest!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information