Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pathos Logos!

Dude, just wait! I was in Switzerland listening to some OTL's and Acoustats so i am replying late. Wait till you have the 1.6 and buy the QED cables, trust me. The Classic One had more then enough power and the thing doesnt sound bright either. Just wait, its all about matching and patience. Dont touch the tubes and mess with it, get the basics done right first. (isolation, placement, cabling, sources etc...impedance matching) and then go and tune
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

It's just a hobby
    Unlke the TT, the Logos doesn't use the firm's proprietary INPOL circuitry ,Stereophile November 2003

Boy..oh..boy Bernd. aren't we touchy! INPOL is the name of the proprietary circuit in some of the Pathos amplifiers. If you took time to read the link that I got off Pathos site no less, it is explicitly stated that the Logos does not have an INPOL circuit, but the Classic One has. It pays to know what you are talking about rather than letting your emotions get the better of you. By the way, the 70W Classic One is a MKII, another fact that is not explicitly stated on Pathos' site.
    It's a listening test, you do not need to see it to listen to it!

Quote Originally Posted by theaudiohobby
    Unlke the TT, the Logos doesn't use the firm's proprietary INPOL circuitry ,Stereophile November 2003

Boy..oh..boy Bernd. aren't we touchy! INPOL is the name of the proprietary circuit in some of the Pathos amplifiers. If you took time to read the link that I got off Pathos site no less, it is explicitly stated that the Logos does not have an INPOL circuit, but the Classic One has. It pays to know what you are talking about rather than letting your emotions get the better of you. By the way, the 70W Classic One is a MKII, another fact that is not stated on the Pathos site
    Not touchy at all. Just don't like to read miss-information.You stated a "new Logos"-no such thing. The Inpol2 is a Different amplifier-Period. I do know what I am talking about when it comes to the Logos. I did own one. Did you? We already covered the Classic one MKll so you are a bit late with that.
    I would say with Florian having experience with the Maggies 1.6 and the Classic One and my knowledge of the Logos, this does put us in a more informed position-wouldn't you say.

Bernd
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

It's just a hobby

Bernd, did you read any of the links?

By the way Bernd, did you even read any of the links before replying? Just noticed that your commentary was totally oblivious of the preceeding posts.

It's just a hobby
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernd
    Not touchy at all. Just don't like to read miss-information.You stated a "new Logos"-no such thing. The Inpol2 is a Different amplifier-Period. I do now what I am talking about when it comes to the Logos. I did own one. Did you? We already covered the Classic one MKll so you are a bit late with that.
    I made a statement of fact about the Logos, even cited links, Anyway I was not discussing INPOL2, I was discussing the Logos (MK1?), it does not have an INPOL circuit, a statement of fact regardless of ownership.

I would say with Florian having experience with the Maggies 1.6 and the Classic One and my knowledge of the Logos, this does put us in a more informed position-wouldn't you say.

Enjoy your Sharp.

Bernd
    Actually my original comments about the Classic One were spot on, a fact that is obliquely attested by Mike's first post on this thread. Do you or Florian have a more informed opinion, based on the evidence so far, I think not.

Thanks by the way, I am enjoying my Sharp.

I made a statement of fact about the Logos, even cited links, Anyway I was not discussing INPOL2, I was discussing the Logos (MK1?), it does not have an INPOL circuit, a statement of fact regardless of ownership.

Actually my original comments about the Classic One were spot on, a fact that is obliquely attested by Mike's first post on this thread. Do you or Florian have a more informed opinion, based on the evidence so far, I think not.

Yes, and I was stating the Logos is the Logos there is no original or new version. Please show me your evidence that there are two versions of the Logos.
    It appears to me, you are after confrontation again.

Well lets not start a **** kicking match. We all know what systems we have and where we stand, so no need to get into that.

To Bernd: Dont bother, like we spoke before and came to the conclusion that some things are just hopeless.

To Hobby: I have no idea what point your trying to make, what your trying to say or what this argument is over. Can you please state your point again and what it has to do with this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    Well lets not start a **** kicking match. We all know what systems we have and where we stand, so no need to get into that.

To Bernd: Dont bother, like we spoke before and came to the conclusion that some things are just hopeless.

To Hobby: I have no idea what point your trying to make, what your trying to say or what this argument is over. Can you please state your point again and what it has to do with this thread?
    HURRAY!!!!!

Yes completely hopeless. I am sure Mike will be well pleased with the final result once the 1.6 have arrived.
    Good to read a mellow response from you. Much better. Mr.Hobby must be really unhappy with his Sharp amp.

The power of music gives you wings

Bernd

It's just a hobby
    HURRAY!!!!!

Yes completely hopeless. I am sure Mike will be well pleased with the final result once the 1.6 have arrived.
    Good to read a mellow response from you. Much better. Mr.Hobby must be really unhappy with his Sharp amp.

The power of music gives you wings

Bernd
    Nice to see the power of music in action, You and Florian should get along handsomely .

It's just a hobby
    Yes, and I was stating the Logos is the Logos there is no original or new version. Please show me your evidence that there are two versions of the Logos.
    It appears to me, you are after confrontation again.
    Hmm...let's see...you insult me....then claim that I am after a confrontation, tortuous logic I think. Did you bother to read any of the links at all. Let me rephrase my original statement to help you, the Logos (the version I am aware of) does not have an INPOL circuit, but the Pathos Classic One and the TT do. Frankly, even if there is no new version of the Logos, it does make my original commentary any less true.

Hmm...let's see...you insult me....then claim that I am after a confrontation, tortuous logic I think. Did you bother to read any of the links at all. Let me rephrase my original statement to help you, the Logos (the version I am aware of) does not have an INPOL circuit, but the Pathos Classic One and the TT do. Frankly, even if there is no new version of the Logos, it does make my original commentary any less true.
    And your point is??????????????

Nice to see the power of music in action, You and Florian should get along handsomely .

And your point is???????????????

Dear Mr. Hobby, yes we do get along nicely. There are several people i get along with on this site and we all have one thing in common. We love music and take the right steps to persue our passion. We try equipment and dont read about them or bug HIFI store owners without buying something. We have different views but are at a position where we can call on preferences.

-Florian W.

It's just a hobby
    Just read my posts in the thread..., if you are still unclear after that, then ask a more specific question.

It's just a hobby
    And your point is???????????????
    Well Florian just answered your curiousity , quite nicely too....

It's just a hobby

And your point is??????????????
    could you be more specific? Quite a few lines of thought in the post you responded to.

could you be more specific? Quite a few lines of thought in the post you responded to.
    You stated that there is Mark 1 and Mark 2 version of the Logos - which I corrected you on, and then you said the Logos had no INPOL circuitry = which we all know. My point is - you were giving advice to someone about something you clearly have no knowledge of (ie there is only ONE Logos and therefore your debate was irrelevant) - as usual. It isn't helpful to someone looking to improve, if people respond with a lot of waffle about things that they clearly have no practical knowledge of. Is that specific enough?

And your point is?????????

It's just a hobby
    You stated that there is Mark 1 and Mark 2 version of the Logos - which I corrected you on, and then you said the Logos had no INPOL circuitry = which we all know. My point is - you were giving advice to someone about something you clearly have no knowledge of (ie there is only ONE Logos and therefore your debate was irrelevant) - as usual. It isn't helpful to someone looking to improve, if people respond with a lot of waffle about things that they clearly have no practical knowledge of. Is that specific enough?

And your point is?????????

Man, you are touchy and for no reason whatsoever, there is no debate here, mistakes are allowed. Nice that you agree that Logos does not have an INPOL circuitry. My original quote

By the way, The old Logos ,not sure about the new, did not use an INPOL circuit.

Now that you have graciously corrected me by pointing me in the direction of the INPOL2 and we agree that the Logos does not have an INPOL circuit, we can move on to crux of my original post, I believe that the lack of the INPOL circuit has a decisive effect on the sound, after all, the the Logos has more power than the Classic One, TT and even the new INPOL2, yet I have heard no one, absolutely no one claim that the Logos is better sounding that the TT, also the TT with just about half the power of the Classic, has a more authoritative low end on the same low-efficiency speaker, an electrostatic, so it is not all in the power, is it?

As to being helpful and knowledgable...I suggest you read my earlier installments, I have been helpful as well as accurate in my posts, nor have I omitted to acknowlege any mistakes or errors on my side, as to the sound of the Classic One, I was spot on. If in doubt read the original thread. This thread is really for me a case of I told you so.
    Last edited by theaudiohobby; 01-23-2006 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby
    as to the sound of the Classic One, I was spot on.
    Excuse me? You were not spot on, nor where you right. The owner has a Magnepan MMG which is the smallest, least dynamic, almost no bass having, max spl limited planar that i know that is worth mentioning. The recommendation was based on the 1.6 and the QED cables which is identical to one of my earliest systems. There are no volume or bass contrainsts, the owner was too fast and changed tubes immediatly without even knowing the true sound of the amplifier or exploring it. Dont be so quick on your comments and i can guarantee you that a single ended no feedback OTL amp matches your small Quads way better then the Pathos, as a end comment.

It's just a hobby
    Excuse me? You were not spot on, nor where you right. The owner has a Magnepan MMG which is the smallest, least dynamic, almost no bass having, max spl limited planar that i know that is worth mentioning..
    Now that's funny...I wonder what your friend MIke A has to say about that , the posts are out there whether you agree or not with my final conclusions.

The recommendation was based on the 1.6 and the QED cables which is identical to one of my earliest systems.
    Owned those cables many moons ago, sold them because I did not care for them, nor do I not care for cable discussions in general.

There are no volume or bass contrainsts, the owner was too fast and changed tubes immediatly without even knowing the true sound of the amplifier or exploring it. Dont be so quick on your comments
    well....tell that to Mike A not me, afterall my original comments mirrored his findings...

and i can guarantee you that a single ended no feedback OTL amp matches your small Quads way better then the Pathos, as a end comment.
    An irrelevant comment. I am not in the market for an amplifier to drive my Quads, The Silvaweld OTL is simply not an amplifier I am interested in, if I do eventually buy a Classic One, I will be buying it on it own merit not as an amplifier to driver the Quads.

Man, you are touchy and for no reason whatsoever, there is no debate here, mistakes are allowed. Nice that you agree that Logos does not have an INPOL circuitry. My original quote

By the way, The old Logos ,not sure about the new, did not use an INPOL circuit.

Now that you have graciously corrected me by pointing me in the direction of the INPOL2 and we agree that the Logos does not have an INPOL circuit, we can move on to crux of my original post, I believe that the lack of the INPOL circuit has a decisive effect on the sound, after all, the the Logos has more power than the Classic One, TT and even the new INPOL2, yet I have heard no one, absolutely no one claim that the Logos is better sounding that the TT, also the TT with just about half the power of the Classic, has a more authoritative low end on the same low-efficiency speaker, an electrostatic, so it is not all in the power, is it?

As to being helpful and knowledgable...I suggest you read my earlier installments, I have been helpful as well as accurate in my posts, nor have I omitted to acknowlege any mistakes or errors on my side, as to the sound of the Classic One, I was spot on. If in doubt read the original thread. This thread is really for me a case of I told you so.
    Ahh! The TT is a far better amp than the Logos (Mike didn't want a TT), but loads below 5ohm make the TT cry. And yes I have auditioned the whole range over time. So I am still not sure what your point was concerning the Logos.
    And yes mistakes are allowed and necessary, but speaking with authority on a subject without a firm practical knowledge is counter productive.I have said all there is to say on your posts.
    Enjoy the rest of your day
    Last edited by Bernd; 01-23-2006 at 01:40 PM.

It's just a hobby
    Ahh! The TT is a far better amp than the Logos (Mike didn't want a TT), but loads below 3ohm make the TT cry. And yes I have auditioned the whole range over time. So I am still not sure what your point was concerning the Logos.
    And yes mistakes are allowed and necessary, but speaking with authority on a subject without a firm practical knowledge is counter productive.I have said all there is to say on your posts.
    Enjoy the rest of your day
    My point has been the same my first post on this thread, The Logos is not a better sounding amplifier because of it's extra power as it lacks the INPOL circuit, a point I made on the very first post before you went off in a tangent.

And on these threads, it has been my comments not yours that have been the user's experience, so any semblance of authority you think you have on this subject is purely imaginary, your (neither has Florian's so far for that matter) comments have done zilch to alert Mike A to the specific sonic attributes and pitfalls that are specific to these amplifiers.

It's just a hobby
    Ahh! The TT is a far better amp than the Logos (Mike didn't want a TT), but loads below 3ohm make the TT cry.
    By the way this is an irrelevant point in the light of my previous post, The TT sounds better and it has much less power, and sounds better than the Logos on compatible loads, which was the original point anyway.

Hey Hobby, you know what your problem is`? It is the fact that Bernd and I both know that you know less then 10% of what you claim to know. I bet that 70% of the brands and models i recommend and talk about you have never heard before in your life.

Peace out

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Obviously GMichael and I did not know a heated arguement was happening or we would have been here to add some inane comments. Florian and Bernd as always handling the situation well. Keep up the good work.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information