Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael View Post
    You could be right. It could turn out that he's just been punking us all this time.
    Still wish I could get those 5 minutes to know for sure.
    I think right now it's just you being punked. It sounds like Pix has finally returned from the dark side. No shame here, your heart is in the right place. Men in general are fixers, we see something "Broke" and feel a need to fix it. The problem is, he doesn't want or need to be fixed.
    If he is for real (I seriously doubt it) I'd treat him the same as I would a family member. If they have a complaint and ask for help, I'll listen and provide them the best help I have to offer. If they refuse to listen. I don't want to hear them bi&tch anymore. And this is for someone I love. Stick a fork in me.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    If you guys all stop talking to him, you're gonna take away my fun.

I don't think you have to worry too much about that.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    If you guys all stop talking to him, you're gonna take away my fun.
    didja ever watch your cat bat around a bug before eating it? There's a lot of cats now waiting for that bug to crawl out from under the fridge...

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    didja ever watch your cat bat around a bug before eating it? There's a lot of cats now waiting for that bug to crawl out from under the fridge...
    Oh Goody!

Great. Now we have bugs.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    Great. Now we have bugs.
    I believe that Trolls eat Bugs.....er at least that was what some other guys on the other site said. Do you think Trolls eat Bugs cause I just wanted to know what you guys think since that is what the other guy said. And since I need to ask the same question over and over and on multiple message boards and then I don't listen to a thing I'm told, I was just asking if you guys think that Trolls eat bugs too.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Oh Goody!
    Well, you're welcome to doff your halo and wings and join in the fun.

Mutant from table 9
    I've always suspected he was a troll, only the crazy photographs he post keep me from stating it with certainty. But like alot of other trolls before and since, he can inadvertently spark a real discussion between other members about real audio issues.

Who was that banned troll a while back that talked all that sh!t about his 50 year old Hartsfields, watches, suits and BMWs? I can't remember his name. But he had made a statement that if you aren't constantly changing or bettering your system then you are not an audiophile. He got dumped on pretty hard for it, but I still think about that assertion. Even though he was trolling he inadvertently sparked something. My system has stabilized since I had kids a couple years back and I certainly don't get to spend as much time with it. But conversely, if Spanky is real, he may be having the blast with his system that I should be getting to have with mine. If he is real, his constant changes are really just a misguided attempt at upgrading. Something I wish I had the time to play with.

It's like the sex advise columnist that gets a letter that is so outrageous that it is clearly a troll. But they answer it anyway on the theory that if a troll thought it up, then there is a good chance a real person is probably having the same problem. That's kind of how I see Spanky.

"Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

"I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

Quote Originally Posted by SlumpBuster View Post
    I've always suspected he was a troll, only the crazy photographs he post keep me from stating it with certainty. But like alot of other trolls before and since, he can inadvertently spark a real discussion between other members about real audio issues.

Who was that banned troll a while back that talked all that sh!t about his 50 year old Hartsfields, watches, suits and BMWs? I can't remember his name. But he had made a statement that if you aren't constantly changing or bettering your system then you are not an audiophile. He got dumped on pretty hard for it, but I still think about that assertion. Even though he was trolling he inadvertently sparked something. My system has stabilized since I had kids a couple years back and I certainly don't get to spend as much time with it. But conversely, if Spanky is real, he may be having the blast with his system that I should be getting to have with mine. If he is real, his constant changes are really just a misguided attempt at upgrading. Something I wish I had the time to play with.

It's like the sex advise columnist that gets a letter that is so outrageous that it is clearly a troll. But they answer it anyway on the theory that if a troll thought it up, then there is a good chance a real person is probably having the same problem. That's kind of how I see Spanky.
    Martin or Marvin I think. He also said that your speakers should be 12 feet apart under any circumstance.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Dustin is a hot white boy Dustin_Broke's Avatar
    The reason I' am not posting here is since I already know what I want and got them. If I needed help and had money then I can ask you guys but as of right now I' am in a tight budget and getting new pair of JBL Control ONE was alot to me. But at least I' am happy with it since now I don't have to worry about heat like the Control 1. But I do apprecaite it that you want to help but I will ask if I want advice on what speakers I' am interested in or receiver I' am interested in. Also it will likely be easier to find better stuff when I have a ton more money but right now I can't get something that expensive. Plus gas is expensive and I have bills to pay since basicly Dusty and I are sharing our money together. I been helping him and he helps me too.

The used Sherwood receiver has been returned since I' am going to save little more and buy it new plus I got a $10 off for anything over $40 at Radio Shack store so I can get the receiver new at $90 plus tax. Also this receiver will be great for my 8 ohms speakers. I want to use that discount thing I got in the e-mail for signing up at Radio Shack online.

But thank you guys for trying to help.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Martin or Marvin I think. He also said that your speakers should be 12 feet apart under any circumstance.
    Melvin...oh how I miss Melvin. I love a good troll.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks View Post
    I think the straw that broke the camels back for ol' Melvin (or whatever) was when he started pushing the nazi party line.

Yeah. Those were some pretty heated debates and I don't recall anyone's conduct being beyond reproach, including my own. Good times, good times...

Yeah. Those were some pretty heated debates and I don't recall anyone's conduct being beyond reproach, including my own. Good times, good times...
    True, but all trolls come to an end eventually and Spanky had a pretty good run.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar

We could always lift the ban.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    I don't think that he would come back. He's the type who wants others to look up to him. Once he was banned, he lost face.
    Last edited by GMichael; 07-15-2011 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    Already been suggested my friend...

Already been suggested my friend...
    Someone could did up a couple of old threads.

Someone could did up a couple of old threads.
    I could swear his name was Melvin Walker, but a quick search turns up nada.

Last edited by GMichael; 07-15-2011 at 08:11 AM.

sniff...search feature doesn't like me,

OK, what did you do differently than I did? Case sensitive?

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin_Broke View Post
    The reason I' am not posting here is since I already know what I want and got them. If I needed help and had money then I can ask you guys but as of right now I' am in a tight budget and getting new pair of JBL Control ONE was alot to me. But at least I' am happy with it since now I don't have to worry about heat like the Control 1. But I do apprecaite it that you want to help but I will ask if I want advice on what speakers I' am interested in or receiver I' am interested in. Also it will likely be easier to find better stuff when I have a ton more money but right now I can't get something that expensive. Plus gas is expensive and I have bills to pay since basicly Dusty and I are sharing our money together. I been helping him and he helps me too.

The used Sherwood receiver has been returned since I' am going to save little more and buy it new plus I got a $10 off for anything over $40 at Radio Shack store so I can get the receiver new at $90 plus tax. Also this receiver will be great for my 8 ohms speakers. I want to use that discount thing I got in the e-mail for signing up at Radio Shack online.

But thank you guys for trying to help.
    Maybe you should re-read the original post. I know that you don't have the money now and asked that you return when you do and we would hook you up nicely. But I guess that went right over your head.

Have fun with what you have.

The offer has now been rescinded and the game is over.

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    OK, what did you do differently than I did? Case sensitive?
    Not sure. I went to advanced search. Then to user name. Hit M e l v .... until I saw it give me Melvin Walker as a choice. Clicked on the choice and then search.

Ahhh...

Not sure. I went to advanced search. Then to user name. Hit M e l v .... until I saw it give me Melvin Walker as a choice. Clicked on the choice and then search.
    I just quickly typed in "Melvin Walker" and never got a choice list. Good to know. Thanks

Searches are case sensitive.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information