Thread: How to reset

Dustin is a hot white boy Dustin_Broke's Avatar

How to reset

How do I reset the settings to default settings for the Sherwood RX-4109 receiver? I know that it says that if I waited several days it would lost the memory but I assume that means the same as resetting right? But if I wanted to reset now how do I do that? I know receivers usualy have something like example if I press and hold the CD botton then press the power it will reset. That's just an example but I wonder how to do it on this receiver. On the manual I can't find were it says to reset the receiver to defaults. Since this is basicly like new I have everything that came with the receiver like manual, cables, original box etc. Basicly this receiver was just used as a background music for the store as I said on the other topic.

Thanks

If you can't find the reset, you could always open it up and pull the Cmos battery for a bit.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

How do I find the Cmos battery? I don't see anything that looks like a normal battery like that is used on a desktop computer. I know computers have Cmos batteries also so it says the bios settings and time. But I didn't know that receivers have it also but where is it normaly located? Is it like a normal battery? All I know is that the manual set that if I had it unpluged for several days it will lose the memory like saved channels. I know that normal batteries last longer than that so I can only think that this must be a special type of battery and must be rechargeable. This receiver is current model from Sherwood still.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Did they not give you the manual when you bought it? Go on line to sherwood and download the manual.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

I have the manual but I didn't see where it says how to reset the receiver. It only says that if the receiver isn't plugged in for several days then memorize the channels again. Maybe the only way to reset it is having it unplugged for a week or so. But I wonder if there is a way to reset it still. Maybe it's not on the manual though.

I have everything that came with the receiver like original box, manual, anntenas, remote.

Call or email Sherwood customer service. 'nuff said.

Plus, that's a simple stereo unit. Aside from the station presets and maybe the tone controls there's not a lot to reset like with an AVR.
    Last edited by markw; 07-10-2011 at 07:22 AM.

Yes I mean there isnt really much to reset, Call customer service or just reprogram over the other channels

Quote Originally Posted by BallinWithNash View Post
    Yes I mean there isnt really much to reset, Call customer service or just reprogram over the other channels
    I know this teceiver quite well. Simple as a ball bearing Tht's whi I've had three friends buy these and set them up for them. There isn't even a setup step with this baby like with AVR's. That, plus they can be had for $85 on Amazon or perhaps locally.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    God forgive me but I can't resist, what is your reason behind resetting the unit?

Why is this an issue?
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Well I just wanted to clear everything forsure since this receiver was used as a store music background and I wanted to clear all of the channels and all the settings made so it's like new again. This receiver was located where customers can see and touch it. But I guess I can just overwrite the channels or so but I thought there was a way to reset everything. But maybe there isn't and only way is to have it unplugged for a week or so. Me wanting it to be like new and cleared everything might be thinking too much but that might be my OCD but I just feel better to clear everything. When I want something done usualy I don't give up that easily since I get obsessive but that's part of my OCD. I do take meds for it to help but still it's strong.

I may not notice but maybe that's why I ask same questions all the time until I find the true answer and that makes most sence.

But eatherway if there is no way to reset then I will have to unplug it for a week.

We're sympathetic, but don't go playing the OCD card every time you spout off with BS.

OCD is one thing but not having any fargin' idea about what you're going on about is something else entirely, and we can tell the difference.

Seek treatment for the former from the proper sources, not us. We'll try to help with the latter but you've got to listen what's being said.

If you don't understand, have an adult read and translate what goes down here.

Well all I am saying is that don't think I' am bad just because I ask something that you think is the same question since to me when I ask something it seems different but maybe it isn't. But if I do post the same topic on other forums I do that to get advice from many people and see which answer is the most common one since that is usualy the right answer. But when I ask something here I usualy want to know something about my speakers, receiver etc. Or I would ask for advice etc.

But since you guys known me for a long time you shoud by now know how I' am and adjusted to it and accept it.

Suspended
    I thinking a good rap with a rubber mallet would work wonders for both receiver and owner. Just a thought. Let me know how it works. I'm guessing a new avatar will be in order. Maybe just "Broke" would be appropriate.

Suspended

OK, here is how to do it

First set the Balance, Bass, and Treble to neutral position, meaning not plus or minus in any direction.

Second, tune the Tuner to the lowest possible number it could pickup if it was a local station. Set that station as the Preset for ALL presets.

OK Your all done.....time to move along, show is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin_Broke View Post
    But since you guys known me for a long time you shoud by now know how I' am and adjusted to it and accept it.
    Accept what? that you don't listen to what anybody says and then never thank us for our advice?

Quote Originally Posted by BallinWithNash View Post
    Accept what? that you don't listen to what anybody says and then never thank us for our advice?
    Pretty much, and after five years with no improvment in his attitude, a bunch of us are getting pretty damn tired of it.

Suspended
    I think it's time we shut this guy down once and for all. No more serious responses to his questions, just turn the thread into comedy each time one comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    I think it's time we shut this guy down once and for all. No more serious responses to his questions, just turn the thread into comedy each time one comes up.
    Granted, it's tempting, but I think ignoring him would be more effective,

As they say in Hollywood, any publicity (or attention) at all, good or bad, is better than being ignored.

There's one thread where his input is welcome. I'm pretty sure you know which one it is.

Thread Information