Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mutant from table 9
    I think Spanky should return it and get a brand new one, that way it is all reset and has never been used and it will sound best right out of the box and it will have the remote and wires and antennas and cables plus the manuals and the warranty and then he will have new one and new ones are better than old ones and it will be more modern but doesn't costed much more plus tax and the bass will be lower with clearer highs and midrange and I was talking to some guys on another forum and they said that demos and opens boxes are not as good as new and that they would never buy used because the caps can be dried out and the johnson rod in the tuner will most likely be bent because they left it on for background music and if you leave it on the same station too long it will bend the johnson rod and this one has a discreet amplifier stage so the johnson rod is very important because it is a modern receiver with a discreet amplifier stage even though the one he got from good will was ten times better when new it is now old and doesn't have the antenna so this one will be better since it is new and modern and will sound best right out of the box.

"Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

"I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

Quote Originally Posted by SlumpBuster View Post
    I think Spanky should return it and get a brand new one, that way it is all reset and has never been used and it will sound best right out of the box and it will have the remote and wires and antennas and cables plus the manuals and the warranty and then he will have new one and new ones are better than old ones and it will be more modern but doesn't costed much more plus tax and the bass will be lower with clearer highs and midrange and I was talking to some guys on another forum and they said that demos and opens boxes are not as good as new and that they would never buy used because the caps can be dried out and the johnson rod in the tuner will most likely be bent because they left it on for background music and if you leave it on the same station too long it will bend the johnson rod and this one has a discreet amplifier stage so the johnson rod is very important because it is a modern receiver with a discreet amplifier stage even though the one he got from good will was ten times better when new it is now old and doesn't have the antenna so this one will be better since it is new and modern and will sound best right out of the box.
    Oh great! Now we're all in for a dozen more questions.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Mutant from table 9
    He's vowed to ignore me though.

Suspended
    I have a bent Johnson Rod but when people jerk me around enough it straightens out. Do they costed more when they are bent or only if I am discrete?

Mutant from table 9
    My amp is 25 years old but that was a really high end amp though and costed like a thousand dollars new in 1985 so thats like $8000 in todays dollars but it sounded better in 1985 thats what the guy who sold it to me told me but he only used it for background music so it had a bent johnson rod an it is 2 ohm stable class A but it doesn't get hot enough to cook my sandwich on which i'm pretty hungry and want to eat the sandwich but I have to play the music really loud to cook the sandwich and my mom yells at me but it is new and not used because it has a 2 year warranty but I called the guys at customer service and they said the warranty was good from the time that I bought it from the guy on ebay because the warranty was transferable and since he still had the box and manual and he sent those me it was still good but is is not modern because it is old and some guys on another forum said I should return it and he tried to give me a gift card but I didn't need $300 worth of latex gloves because thats all he was selling now and was not selling anymore amps because too many people refused delivery on his amps so it costed him to much to stay in business.

Suspended
    Didn't Robin Hood use Sherwood products?

Some guy on other site said he did but I wanted to asked it here anyways in case some guys here think that he used Archer products and not Sherwood stuffs because the Sherwood stuffs costed way more than the Archer stuffs but had better distortion when it was turned up real loud to play background music for 3 years behind the counter in the forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    I have a bent Johnson Rod but when people jerk me around enough it straightens out. Do they costed more when they are bent or only if I am discrete?
    Be careful when it straightens out. You're might get into trouble if it starts leaking while it's inserteted between the sandwich buns...

Dustin is a hot white boy Dustin_Broke's Avatar
    Well I can just get a refund on the 2 year coverage from Radio Shack then I will save more money. But it seems like you guys are saying to do this.

Mutant from table 9
    Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Be careful when it straightens out. You're might get into trouble if it starts leaking while it's inserteted between the sandwich buns...
    Do you mean the sandwich that I'm cooking on my amp? I'm hungry. Do you guys think I'm really hungry? Do you think by sandwich will taste good or do you think another sandwich will taste better. I'm returning this sandwich.

Mutant from table 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin_Broke View Post
    Well I can just get a refund on the 2 year coverage from Radio Shack then I will save more money. But it seems like you guys are saying to do this.
    yes... get a better sandwich.

Suspended
    But it seems like you guys are saying to do this.
    No, us guys are saying that YOU have to make the decision as to whether saving $15 bucks on a used item is worth it for YOU.

Suspended
    Do you mean the sandwich that I'm cooking on my amp? I'm hungry. Do you guys think I'm really hungry? Do you think by sandwich will taste good or do you think another sandwich will taste better. I'm returning this sandwich.
    I would have refused delivery of the sandwich so that the guy who shipped it would just have to eat it.

Mutant from table 9
    No, us guys are saying that YOU have to make the decision as to whether saving $15 bucks on a used item is worth it for YOU.
    No, I'm telling him to do it just because I want to make life more difficult for the guy at Radio Shack. Since he works there you know he deserves it. Who works at Radio Shack anymore? Is that even a thing anymore?

Dustin is a hot white boy Dustin_Broke's Avatar
    Well I was asking if I should just cancel the extended replacement plan or not. Since there is 2 years of warranty from Sherwood.

Angry Hey now!!! Nobody deserves this shiite.

I've worked for Radio Shack many times over my lifetime, starting in '68, while going to schools and for a time going through a divorce just to keep busy*. They have enough problems without this guy.

It was actually fun in the 70's and early 80's. Sucked moose in the 90's, though

* it was a nifty way to meet women.
    Last edited by markw; 07-11-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Mutant from table 9
    I don't deny that Radio Shack used to be cool. Even fairly recently. In the 90's they were one of the only reliable places where you could still get decent AT record needles when there were no other sources. And you could get a pretty decent DJ mixer for $100. They kept my college system cobbled together. But I figure everyone there now has been assigned a form of purgatory.

Suspended
    Well I was asking if I should just cancel the extended replacement plan or not. Since there is 2 years of warranty from Sherwood.
    What do you think you should do based on the many responses you got and the fact that the unit already has a 2 year warranty?

I am only asking this because ONLY YOU can make the decision. Maybe you should ask your parents what they think since they have more experience answering the same questions over and over.

Look dude, you claim to be 26 years old. Don't you think it's time to start acting like an adult and make 1 (ONE) decision all by yourself?

If you are comfortable with your purchase and the extended plan, who gives a rats @ss what we think? It's your money, your life, and your receiver. Just make a friggin decision and live with it.

On the other hand, since you will most likely sell, trade or fry this new unit about the same time you change your undies next, you probably wasted your money since you won't even own it in 2 years.

But then again if you fry it this week because you connect 4ohm speakers and play it at 65 because the guy on the other board said he did that without burning his sandwich, go for it because you will probably need it.

But then again maybe you won't need it but maybe you will or maybe not but just maybe you should keep the unit but sell the extended plan to the next guy on the other site where he said he could play it loud without burning the sandwich.

But I figure everyone there now has been assigned a form of purgatory.
    True. I was editing my post when you made this one. Now, they have to push phone plans more than anything else and their knowledge of electronic gadgets is abysmal. Still, they don't deserve this guy. Nobody does. Well, maybe osama...

Mutant from table 9
    Do not burn my sandwich. I'm returning it.

All this sammich talk is making me hungry. I'm going to White Castle where they steam my buns...

Suspended
    All this sammich talk is making me hungry. I'm going to White Castle where they steam my buns...
    Will you get an order of Johnson Rods on the side or in the bun?

Will you get an order of Johnson Rods on the side or in the bun?
    No, and no tartar sauce on the fish sammiches either.

Suspended
    No, and no tartar sauce on the fish sammiches either.
    But the guy on the other site with the latex gloves says tarter sauce is good. Do you think it is good cause the other guy does and I wanted to know if you thought it was good.

Mutant from table 9
    If I could give Mark a greenie for his second thoughts, I would. The better part of valor, my friend.

If I could give Mark a greenie for his second thoughts, I would. The better part of valor, my friend.
    What can I say? Sometimes I get carried away ...in a straight jacket!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information