Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    Will you get an order of Johnson Rods on the side or in the bun?
    Johnson's rod in you buns?

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just supprized me.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    I got it from a reliable source that Robin Hood got his Archer gear at Renegade Shack when it started out in Sherwood Forest. Later after Radios were invented, they changed the name to Radio Shack, moved to USA and started selling Radios under the brand name Sherwood from where they came.

Dustin is a hot white boy Dustin_Broke's Avatar
    Well I did take off the extended warranty so basicly I only paid $85 for the receiver plus tax. The people at Radio Shack did say that manufactur warranty doesn't cover normal wear and tear but is that true? Also if it over heats and melts something they won't cover eather. But I choose to take it off since everyone here was saying pretty much that manufacture warranty is enough since it covers for 2 years.

And you guys are getting off topic again but I wonder what does this whole thing relate to the receiver??? Since I see you guys are not really talking about it anymore and if you are going to talk about something else you should talk about it on the off topic forums or whatever is realted to what you are talking about.

If this topic gets way out of hand then I will have to close it again.

But eatherway I did return the plan so now I should be good to go.

Face it Spanky, you're gonna dump in within two months anyway.

Sherwood is a reputable company. Unless you do something stupid to the receiver or intentionally break it, they will cover it. Just watch your volume until you get 8 ohm speakers.

Remember, I've got three friends using these who have had them for a total of probably over ten years total and nothng has ever gone wrong with any of them.

And, keep in mind, you have no say over which direction any thread goes. We do. You can't "close" anything. If we wanna talk about sandwiches or Robin Hood, that's our choice, not yours.
    Last edited by markw; 07-11-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Ok I did talk to Sherwood techs and now everything makes sence about the different specs.

Basicly the 20hz to 20kHz THD 0.08% was for stereo mode meaning for both channels.

The 20hz to 20kHz THD 0.04% was for just one channel so that's why it's lower.

Also for the watts it's 100 watts from 20hz to 20kHz

105 watts for 40hz to 20kHz

Also this receiver will play 4 ohms but have to have it at med volume.

If I wanted two pairs of 8 ohms speakers then it will work but have to have it at med volume since it's like one pair of 4 ohms speakers but I think you guys know this already.

The spec on most websites saying that the THD is 0.9% is totaly wrong information and missleading I found out. They need to fix there website and put the right information.

Also the tech guy said they will pretty much fix any problem within 2 years of warranty so that's good. Also if I blow a transister because I had 4 ohms speakers they will fix it once but they won't fix it again if it's the exact same transister the blew. But everything else they cover so it was a good idea that I cancel the 2 year extended warranty plan from Radio Shack. I saved $21.99 plus tax.

Your participation has been requested in another thread.

Until you show us the common courtesy to respond there, why should anybody that knows you answer you.
    Last edited by markw; 07-12-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information