Forum Regular

Any good deal on NAD C320BEE & C352 better then 20% off new?

Anyone know where I can find a good deal better then 20% off on NAD C320BEE & C352?

Typically I would buy it already but since I'm replacing my one weeks old Yamaha RX-V650, I need a better deal to justify the upgrade.

IRG
    Quote Originally Posted by m500
    Anyone know where I can find a good deal better then 20% off on NAD C320BEE & C352?

Typically I would buy it already but since I'm replacing my one weeks old Yamaha RX-V650, I need a better deal to justify the upgrade.
    Why are you upgrading already after only a week? Also, you are going from a HT receiver to a 2 channel integrated amp. Why? I did the opposite, and went from a 2 channel Roksan amp to a NAD T-743 receiver, and am glad that I did. I don't think I lost anything in terms of sound quality, and for convenience, I sure gained a whole lot.

Otherwise, I don't think you will find much more than 20% off of NAD. My dealer sells both NAD and Yamaha stuff, and they do prefer the NAD for sound. Can you trade or get a refund on your Yamaha if you get the NAD? If not list it on eBay, you will probably get close to what you paid for it. Then get the NAD.

If your not happy with the Yamaha use it as a pre amp and buy a used or new amp to drive the left and right channel to improve music and leave the receiver to handle surrounds and center channel.

Many people do this with outstanding results.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IRG
    Why are you upgrading already after only a week? Also, you are going from a HT receiver to a 2 channel integrated amp. Why? I did the opposite, and went from a 2 channel Roksan amp to a NAD T-743 receiver, and am glad that I did. I don't think I lost anything in terms of sound quality, and for convenience, I sure gained a whole lot.

Otherwise, I don't think you will find much more than 20% off of NAD. My dealer sells both NAD and Yamaha stuff, and they do prefer the NAD for sound. Can you trade or get a refund on your Yamaha if you get the NAD? If not list it on eBay, you will probably get close to what you paid for it. Then get the NAD.
    IRG, I'm going to a pure 2 channel receiver due to my Speaker just not sounded right with my yamaha. At the showroom they used NAD C320BEE to powered the same speaker and they sounded amazing. I'm just taking advise from other experience enthusiast that if I want to run only 2 channel then I should go with a pure 2 channel amp for the best result considering the issues I have with my current setups.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by anamorphic96
    If your not happy with the Yamaha use it as a pre amp and buy a used or new amp to drive the left and right channel to improve music and leave the receiver to handle surrounds and center channel.

Many people do this with outstanding results.

anamorphic96, My main concern is how my Yahama process and filter the musics that is not giving my speaker's a chance to show its full potential. By using it as a Pre-Amp with separate amplifier to power my Speakers doesn't it still perform the music filter & processing. If this is the case, will it still benefit for me beside more power. My biggiest problem right now, its the my Yahama is processing the sound in 7.1 in the back ground, at least this is the explanation I come up with. Therefore there are part of the sounds are missing from the 2 mains and that's why its sounded awful for certain notes.

Mutant from table 9
    The Yamaha is a fine receiver with very nice two channel capability. You are right that sometimes, especially with the YPAO, there is some processing going on when you are just trying to listen to two channel, even when you hit the "Direct Stereo" mode. However, the 650 does have a "Pure Direct" function, it is different then the "Direct Stereo." If you hit that button the internal processing will be defeated, the only function that will still be in the preamp loop is the volume control. Processing, DACS, EQ, even the subwoofer output are all defeated. You will be getting a straight signal running from the input, through the volume control, through the amplifier, and out the speaker posts. The receiver will essentially be acting as a no frills integrated amp would. Mind you this funtion only works with analog inputs because the DACs are bypassed.

Turn on the "Pure Direct" function. If your speakers still sound bad, then changing to the NAD may not make the difference your hoping for. It is important to note though that turning on the "Pure Direct" after having listened to music in a processed mode can be underwhelming. The processed modes often include an increased gain that will make the music louder and EQ curves that make the bass stronger and fuller. Going directly from say "7 Channel Stereo" to "Pure Direct" will result in a substantial drop in perceived volume. That can make the "7 Channel Stereo" sound better. So begin a listening session in "Pure Direct" so that your not comparing it to artificially enhanced sound.

Frankly, if you still don't like the sound of your speakers in the pure direct mode, your never going to like the sound of your speakers even with the NAD. The Yamaha in "Pure Direct" is comparable to the NAD. As to why it sounded better in the show room, I don't know. I would suggest the usual suspects: room placement, acoustic treatments, or my favorite shady salesman trick, leaving that $3000 velodyne sub turned on.

Slump Buster is right. Use the PURE DIRECT Function.

Thread Information