Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    I think i remember seeing the picture of the shipping crate. Did you post them in the AudioAsylum?
    That was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    Your Soundlanbs are quite interesting, and the panel is not curved but you have a multi driver array, so i am curious how this affects the room. Maybe some day you will measure them ;-)
    Your first observation is what separates them from the Martin Logan designs. Roger West argues that a truly curved diaphragm involves compromises. While the Sound Lab design looks curved, the grid creates angled flat facets. Horizontal dispersion is most unlike other electrostatic designs. Also, unlike other 'stats (like Acoustats) they do not employ multiple panels as well. The deliberately variable height grid (to control inherent resonances) is placed over a single very large diaphragm.

rw

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Hi,

New member but this thread is perfect.Is this the best place to post this? I want to stack my DQ-10s. it will raise the sound stage on top of the other good points. I will ignore the bad ones until I listen then look into improving those issues.

Any help on the bracket would be great. !st choice would be buy a set, second would be make a set.I will power each stack by a bridged adcom 555.

I listen to mostly DVD concerts, CDs, tv(sports) and a rare movie

Thanks

Mark

Stacked Quads

Hi there, I am new to this forum scenario but here goes. I have a pair of 57's and 63's does any body know if it is possible to stack them or am I being daft.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor
    Hi there, I am new to this forum scenario but here goes. I have a pair of 57's and 63's does any body know if it is possible to stack them or am I being daft.
    Hi, Trevor
    Stacking is normally done with 2 pair of the same speakers. I suppose it could be done with ESL 63's on the bottom and the ESL 57's on the top.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

AR,PL,Devotee' Registered Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by theaudiohobby
    I heard a pair of Quad 57 with my current amplifier and I was very impressed, I am interested these vintage speakers at home, what are the caveats that I should look at for and what the benefits of a stacked pair? Thanks in advance.

Hi, if it's any help to you? I run four (4) 'stacked' AR-LST's with (2) two vintage Phase Linear 400 power amps. The sound is unbelievably 'huge' sounding , with a natural-ness of sound that's excellent also. I've found that stacking speakers keeps the amps and speakers from stressing too much because their jobs are now easier with double amps and the amount of speaker radiating area being doubled. If anyone has any similar experience, I'd like to hear about it.
    Thanks, Frank Marsi

Frame or stand for Mark Levinson HQD speakers

[QUOTE=Data;122488]Hello all, i'm building my own HQD system from Mark Levinson , Now i'm searching for the drawings or tech specs of the wooden frame in which the esl's and decca's are mounted , ist there any body here who can help me with that ??? Also any information regarding the crossover (which is the bass cutoff and the high cutoff), Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information