Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    RGA
    Forum Regular
    The Hong Kong press the other day noted that Romney has a fairly big lead over Obama in the polls after the three debates - it seems we'll soon see a new president. Interestingly the U.S. polls seem to say Obama is in the lead but I suspect that is to lead to a false sense of security and to have Obama voters stay home. I will be surprised if Obama wins.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Romney CRUSHES Obama-522912_482957238393085_795854899_n.jpg  

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RGA View Post
    The Hong Kong press the other day noted that Romney has a fairly big lead over Obama in the polls after the three debates - it seems we'll soon see a new president. Interestingly the U.S. polls seem to say Obama is in the lead but I suspect that is to lead to a false sense of security and to have Obama voters stay home. I will be surprised if Obama wins.
    Romney has never of error - which makes them statistically tied. They have been statistically tied for weeks now, so the Hong Kong press is inaccurate.
    Last edited by Sir Terrence the Terrible; 11-01-2012 at 09:41 AM.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post
    Romney has never had a big lead over Obama. He has never led by more than 2 percentage points which is within the margin over error - which makes them statistically tied. They have been statistically tied for weeks now, so the Hong Kong press is inaccurate.
    Obama would be 'way out in front if people understood the economics of the Republican/Romney/Ryan position(s).

According to CNN a week or so ago fully 65% of people thing Romney would be better the economy: this is monstrous nonsense. Basically Republican policy consists of (1) lower taxes on the rich that will quickly "trickle down" to the rest of us, and (2) deep cuts to government spending (except military) that will "end waste" and "restore confidence" among investors. This crap could be dispelled by a few 30 second media bites:

First 30 second bite:

Republican policy advocated and enacted tax cut for the rich for over 30 years; during this interval median incomes ceased to grow and, under George W., declined. Yet this is still the policy of Romney and the Republicans.

Second 30 second bite:

Republicans promised "fiscal responsibility" for decades, almost entirely through cuts to government spending. This policy, if actually enacted, would be austerity which failed in American during the Great Depression and is presently crushing European economies. Further, Republicans have consistently increased deficits. Yet Republicans expect Americans to buy spending cuts as the solution for the economy.

Third 30 second bite:

Ronald Reagan's tax reductions are credited with resorting the US economy in the early '80s but it was actually the massive military spending, as deficit-funded stimulus, ("star wars" and the "600 ship navy"), that did it.
    Similarly it wasn't the George W. Bush tax cuts that eased the economy in the mid '00s, it was the Afgan, Iraqi wars and "War on Terror" and military/security deficit-funded stimulus that did it. Romney opposes government stimulus but wants more military spending -- is this déjŕ vu all over again.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    I am surprised that this is even close a percent or two off - really? All the intelligent folks seem to live on the west coast or north east. Although to be fair like Canada it isn't a popular vote (which it should be for leader). Obama probably CRUSHES Romney if it went by popular vote.

This is the most recent one which has Obama back on top.

Obama vs. Romney Electoral Map

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    I am surprised that this is even close a percent or two off - really? All the intelligent folks seem to live on the west coast or north east. Although to be fair like Canada it isn't a popular vote (which it should be for leader). Obama probably CRUSHES Romney if it went by popular vote.

This is the most recent one which has Obama back on top.

Obama vs. Romney Electoral Map
    Richard, you are so behind the curve it is pitiful. When it comes to the electoral college votes, Obama has always been ahead. For months now he has bounced between 250-280 electoral college votes, to Romney's 190-210.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Romney LOL

The Federal Bailout That Saved Mitt Romney | Politics News | Rolling Stone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Romney CRUSHES Obama-418121_10151111209986275_2046356222_n.jpg   Romney CRUSHES Obama-525751_10151115729706275_805785828_n.jpg   Romney CRUSHES Obama-548909_10151111838756275_1952637190_n.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images    

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Obama
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Romney CRUSHES Obama-545560_10151115788986275_613403886_n.jpg   Romney CRUSHES Obama-3832_10151108872421275_1216908729_n.jpg  

Obama
    The day of reckoning draw nigh.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    some fun facts

Ronald Reagan raised taxes 11 times. He actually created taxes that didn't exist before. He was a taxing maniac. The only good things Reagan ever did is vehemently opposed to by today's Republican Party.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Romney CRUSHES Obama-tax-rates.jpg  

Suspended
    some fun facts

Ronald Reagan raised taxes 11 times. He actually created taxes that didn't exist before. He was a taxing maniac. The only good things Reagan ever did is vehemently opposed to by today's Republican Party.
    The other good thing he did was inspire the song I posted above called B-Movie

RGA
    Forum Regular

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    not gonna change the outcome much. There are still less Haves than Have Nots
    Like I said 1 month ago. This was an easy prediction and it's a shame we had to waste a whole year of our government doing any real work besides wasting time campaigning.

I am also glad that all the negative commercials are done for 4 years, they are more disheartening than the candidates themselves.

Now, I am on the No Call list for phone solicitation. Why does that not apply to the 35 or so Romney recordings I got over the last couple weeks? I got zero from the Obama side.

A coworker said that was because Romney valued my vote more, but I replied that he was just more desperate.

I am also glad that a hard line Mormon will not be making moral and medical decisions for me and my family. On the other hand, I am not real happy that my tax money will continue to fund social programs that I don't agree with.

I have no issue with birth control, but buy it yourself. I have no problem with abortions, but if you F'ed up, pay for it yourself. (other circumstances may not apply)

So either way, people in my income bracket lose. I don't make enough to take advantage of all the Republican Loopholes, but I make just enough that they will take it and give it to many undeserving morons.

Oh well, this is Democracy at work where you can actually win the Popular vote but lose the race and that makes absolutely no sense if everyone's vote actually is supposed to count.

So either way, people in my income bracket lose. I don't make enough to take advantage of all the Republican Loopholes, but I make just enough that they will take it and give it to many undeserving morons. ...
    I don't think people in the middle class -- including the upper middle class -- loose. Remember, if you're a small business person for example, you'd like lower taxes and fewer regulations, but you need customers. Growing inequality is not only bad for the "loosers", it's also bad for the economy in general. Read Joseph Stiglitz' book, The Price of Inequality, for a better understanding ...

Oh well, this is Democracy at work where you can actually win the Popular vote but lose the race and that makes absolutely no sense if everyone's vote actually is supposed to count.
    Looks like Obama won both the College and the popular vote.
    Last edited by Feanor; 11-07-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post

Looks like Obama won both the College and the popular vote.
    Yeah, that's this time but many other races went the other way in the past.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    I have no issue with birth control, but buy it yourself. I have no problem with abortions, but if you F'ed up, pay for it yourself
    I tend to be pragmatic about such things - birth control and abortions to anyone who wants them, on the state, especially if they can't afford it. Yeah, "they" may have fucked up, but I don't wanna raise their kids, which will be way more expensive than birth control.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LB View Post
    I tend to be pragmatic about such things - birth control and abortions to anyone who wants them, on the state, especially if they can't afford it. Yeah, "they" may have fucked up, but I don't wanna raise their kids, which will be way more expensive than birth control.
    I LOVE this post. Just sayin...

Suspended
    I do see it your way too.

I have a huge issue with my current health plan. Year after year, the plans try to eliminate Chiropractic services because the Pharma companies dont want you to be healthy and not take drugs. It has been proven that people who do use Chiro's use regular doctors less often. I rarely use a regular doctor.

In the last plan we got, they grouped Chiro into ALL outpatient Therapies and a limit of 20 visits per year for Physical, Occupational, Speech, or any other you can think of.

On the flip side, they will pay for unlimited family planning and after one gets pregnant and decides they don't want the child, the plan will pay for unlimited abortions.

Do you see the disconnect there?

Welp, now that THAT'S Over!

I you read my previous post, particularly what I said about "the fightin' is in rounds", you'll see why I'm smiling. I'd rather lose Round 1 than Round 10, simple as that.

Things I learned from this election;

1. The nation is nearing a demographic tipping point. Those that want to turn back the clock to Mayberry and "Happy Days" must come to realize that THAT fantasy is over. It's a Brown, Yellow, young, beige and gay reality in this country and they can either realize this or continue to get run over by reality.

2. Republicans must learn from this and STOP nominating people, particularly for the Senate, that are just plain bat-chit nuts. The Tea Party may be part of your base, but it's not the part that wins election to high office, just the part that pisses everyone else off.

3. Donal Trump needs to get that alien thingy off his head and let some air and reality seep in.

4. Nice watching Carl Rove lose it national T.V.

5. In the words of Rober Nester Marley; "you can fool some people sometime... but you can't fool all de people all de time. Now we see the light... Stand up for your rights!"

6. I'm so glad this is over and lets stop paying lip service to working together to solve problems. Lets do what Christie and Obama did in Jersey, get something DONE!

That's how I see's it.

Worf

Suspended
    I actually want Christie to run and win a Presidential Election regardless of party.

What I don't understand is why the Republican Party cannot find people better than Romney or Palin to run. If they are the best they have, they are in big trouble for a long time to come.

And Worf, the word you were looking for was Nostalgia. That is exactly why I posted the words to Gil Scot Heron's B-Movie which was from the Reagan era but still rings true today.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I also like your post.

Much as I said to a friend who did not want to pay for someone's birth control and I said "fine pay for the kids for 18 years".
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Riffing off of the great Gil Scott-Heron...

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised.
    BY Brian Agler

- - - -

The revolution will not be televised due to our blackout policy. Because the revolution is taking place in your market, you will be unable to watch the revolution. Instead of the revolution, the classic Billy Bob Thornton/John Cusack film, Pushing Tin, will be televised. If you’d like to see the revolution, it is advised that you purchase tickets and attend the revolution. The revolution is not sold out. In fact, season tickets are still available...

read more via McSweeney's Internet Tendency

somewhere inside must lie a clue to the problems with our electoral process...
    TCA ATT GGA

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff View Post
    The Revolution Will Not Be Televised.
    BY Brian Agler

- - - -

The revolution will not be televised due to our blackout policy. Because the revolution is taking place in your market, you will be unable to watch the revolution. Instead of the revolution, the classic Billy Bob Thornton/John Cusack film, Pushing Tin, will be televised. If you’d like to see the revolution, it is advised that you purchase tickets and attend the revolution. The revolution is not sold out. In fact, season tickets are still available...

It's going to come to that soon

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Strangely a large group of Republicans are mad and want to move to Canada or Australia. Which is odd to me since both are places well left of Obama.

Here is Australia
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Romney CRUSHES Obama-394110_10151233105293936_1666027369_n.jpg  

Strangely a large group of Republicans are mad and want to move to Canada or Australia. Which is odd to me since both are places well left of Obama.

Here is Australia
    Lots of progressives felt the same after 2004 and W's re-election. The whole craze will die down in a few weeks then they'll go back to doing what do best, obstructing progress of any sort and longing for the simpler days of 1953 when they unquestioned masters of the world.

Worf

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information