View Poll Results: Do i help anyone with a serious question in all price ranges?

Voters
100000007. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, you do and thanks for the help and chat.

5 0.00%
  • Yes, you do but always make me feel like crap about my own stuff!

1 0.00%
  • No, you are not helping at all.

2 0.00%
  • No, but we still want you here!

99,999,999 100.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    HAHA, thats funny! Thanks to the moderators for messing with my poll. This shows the great freedom and acceptance that is avaliable at this site.

Just lame

-Flo
    Wounder if its the founder of this site doing this?Is he still part of audio review ?

Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    Wounder if its the founder of this site doing this?Is he still part of audio review ?
    I dont know Pat, Geof. told me he is no longer a moderator but his status says differenly. My posts get edited, they took away my possiblity to finish the planar section and suddenly i am getting attacked by the sites long time big guys.

Eric says he will fix a few things on monday, will see whats going to happen. But this site is not free, and noone can fault me for being biased since the owners and moderators are biased eventough they shouldnt be.

-Flo
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Gotta ask...what the hell is Fantasy Music?

I dont know Pat, Geof. told me he is no longer a moderator but his status says differenly. My posts get edited, they took away my possiblity to finish the planar section and suddenly i am getting attacked by the sites long time big guys.

Eric says he will fix a few things on monday, will see whats going to happen. But this site is not free, and noone can fault me for being biased since the owners and moderators are biased eventough they shouldnt be.

-Flo
    If Eric says he'll fix it and does thats great.Hope we could all get along on audio review.Its not like this on Canuck Audio or on the DIY Audio.

Well Eric and i made up and i hope that he will fix this stuff on monday. I guess that i have to live with the fact that some people just dont like me, and thats fine since i dont like them either.

Fantasy music is my own definition of music like the Oxygen Album, Blade Runner, LOTR soundtrack. Mostly a mix between electronic music and real instruemental.

Well Eric and i made up and i hope that he will fix this stuff on monday. I guess that i have to live with the fact that some people just dont like me, and thats fine since i dont like them either.

Fantasy music is my own definition of music like the Oxygen Album, Blade Runner, LOTR soundtrack. Mostly a mix between electronic music and real instruemental.
    Glad to hear you guys could settle your difference.Not to much Acid or Extacy with that Fantasy music.

Glad to hear you guys could settle your difference.Not to much Acid or Extacy with that Fantasy music.
    Not to worry, the DIVA takes care of the buzz along with a good frosty german beer

Not to worry, the DIVA takes care of the buzz along with a good frosty german beer
    There is some fine German beer,my spouse likes her Czech beer ,she went there for a month with my son .They do drink lots out there.

There is some fine German beer,my spouse likes her Czech beer ,she went there for a month with my son .They do drink lots out there.
    There is some very fine cuisine, wines and beers all over europe. Its great that everything is so close. 2 weeks ago i was in Zurich to visit my friend, it only takes 3 hrs to go to italy and you can take a train trip to France. My friend sells PassLabs, Eggelston Works and Avalon in italy. My friend Brad writes reviews for Positive Feedback and live in switzerland. My other buddy Allen (www.vacuumstate.com) moved to switzerland too. Just 3 weeks ago my friend Klaus and i visited our Apogeeclub member Rolf who has a pair of super Duettas with Etalon electronics. And every year we have the High End convention in munich, but unfortunatly its just the typical advertisment stuff. But there was one product that suprised me at the show which was from the Wiener Lautsprecher Manufaktur which ran with Manley electronics. The Tannoy Kingdom was nice too. If they can get the compressed sound away and make it more neutral it would be amongst my favorietes too. Quite nice indeed.

-Flo

Im missing all of Europe ,dont fly.My 8 year old son calls me chicken.He as is own passport ,speaks 3 language .He was pretty spoil this summer ,they had a chauffeur and Embassy car to drive them around.

That is pretty spoiled
    How come an embassy car? Are you a politician?

-Flo

PS: You can take a ship ;-)

That is pretty spoiled
    How come an embassy car? Are you a politician?

-Flo

PS: You can take a ship ;-)
    My spouse step- mom is Minister of Justice.

Ya know Michael i think the problem is that some others on this board cant handle a real person. One that agrees with the masses, and buys into the adverts. Look at some of the recommendations, they are : Well that speaker is nice, if you like its cool. I liked this one when i heard it for 2 seconds at the show. I have a opinion and i make myself heard and that takes away the attention from some other longtimers who dont like it.
    No, the problem is the persistent ramblings from your piehole that your opinions are more valid than anybody else's strictly because of what you own.

I made this thread to get a general idea of what most think not the 3 people that i know dont like me. We have one B&W fan who cant stand it that i consider them a sonic joke, then another one who always pleases everyone and a not so neutral moderator. Those are the only 3. If they would have just voted and made a comment this thread it would have been fine. But here we have Wooch who goes on a rampage about my ego and personallity which is 100% wrong and one hardcore B&W fans that always recommends them 100%..and one is missing.
    No, you made this thread to once again put yourself at the center of attention, just as you did with your infamous "I hearby quit" thread. The issue has never been about your opinions and preferences, it's in your blowhard presumptions about the value of other people's opinions that might not agree with your perspective.

If i had a system like this : Denon 2105, 52" Mitshubishi TV, 5 B&W's 602 and a subwoofer with some DVD player that would praise and recommend them in every thread i would not have a problem. But i am different, recommend rare systems and if i dont like it i will say it. Some cant handle that ;-)
    But, you don't own a system like that, so stop presuming that you can put yourself into the mindset of someone who does own that kind of system. You've demonstrated time and time again an inability to separate yourself from your ingrained presumptions about the listening preferences of others.

But those who know me, know that i am a very calm, respective person that works hard and is not made of money. Yes my system is expensive, but by far not the end. Its easy to call me a rich snobby bastard because i recommend high prices systems. Well, so what!
    You're right, I don't know you as a person, but I do see what you post on this board. If you're so calm and respectful, you would never have to delete and edit your posts, nor apologize to anyone for going overboard, nor respond to disagreements by taking cheap shots at what other people own. Right, you've NEVER had to do any of those things before, have you?

PS: I am a real person on this forum that has a mind of his own and does not follow the crowd. Thats what people hate.
    Like I said, you just don't get it, and from the looks of things, never will. Feel free to believe your own egocentric version of reality. Those of us who read the things you've posted can draw our own conclusions over what a "real person" would say, and what someone with delusions of grandeur would say.

Woochifer Are you looking in going to the steel cage?

Well he can go there alone. Like i said, Wooch doesnt know me, and his recommendations are based on his opinions too which are no more valid or invalid as mine.

-Flo

Wow. What an amazing waste of bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Wow. What an amazing waste of bandwidth.
    True, you should quit yapping and set a fine example by never replying.

-Flo

-Flo
    You're right, I try not to feed the trolls. However, that would mean you're a troll, which you're not.

You're just a mind-numbing egomaniac.

-Flo
    Most of the popular music you listen to is heavily influenced by or a direct rip of off black music. That arrogance you display when discussing equipment apparantly extends to other parts of your personality. You don't like black music; then you don't like most of todays popular and rock music of which 90+% is either black oriented, black influenced or blues based which is black music anyway. I am surprised. I was inclined to be on your side especially when concerning the better sound of better equipment. Just what do you mean when you say "black music"? Since all musical notation is written in black, by definition all music is black. You sound like a closet bigot. I hope that I am wrong in that asessment. That sort of stupidity was supposed to be restricted to some of the more extreme rednecks (KKK) of the American south and Nazi's. You are not from one of the southern states of America. Please explain what you mean when you say you don't like "black" music.
    Last edited by JoeE SP9; 10-17-2005 at 04:32 PM. Reason: spelling and clarity
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

I glad I'm not the only person to pick up on this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE SP9
    Most of the popular music you listen to is heavily influenced or a direct rip of off black music. Please explain what you mean when you say you don't like "black" music.
    I'm assuming that he thinks "rap/hip-hop" music is "black music" but this is also a big mistake on his part. In any case he comes off as very bigoted. A very poor choice of words indeed.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Gotta ask...what the hell is Fantasy Music?
    Music for guys with big speakers and hairy palms....
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffcin
    Bwa ha ha....
    Seriously thogh, that's just an old myth...uhhh, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffcin
    So I guess there lots of you's guys by experience know this?Dont forget to wash your face,brush your hair and comb your palms.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Bwa ha ha....
    Seriously thogh, that's just an old myth...uhhh, right?
    Every time I check it's still a myth. It does not cause blindness either unless you are doing something very wrong.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Every time I check it's still a myth. It does not cause blindness either unless you are doing something very wrong.
    I don't even want to speculate the origins of that one...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information