View Poll Results: Do i help anyone with a serious question in all price ranges?

Voters
100000007. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, you do and thanks for the help and chat.

5 0.00%
  • Yes, you do but always make me feel like crap about my own stuff!

1 0.00%
  • No, you are not helping at all.

2 0.00%
  • No, but we still want you here!

99,999,999 100.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    I don't even want to speculate the origins of that one...
    Carefull where you aim that thing.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Every time I check it's still a myth. It does not cause blindness either unless you are doing something very wrong.
    Must be lots of people out there with Braille keyboard

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I might be better off not asking this question but like other famous feuds (for example the Hatfields and McCoys) how long have Florian and RGA been feuding? I am fairly new to audioreview and was wondering if I had missed just months or years of bad blood.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Looks like...

...how long have Florian and RGA been feuding?
    ...months...or at least since Flo materialized as Flo...Was he another entity previously?

RGA(who has been around for a few years) seems to be a big fan of AN products and has "gotten into it" with others. He just likes his gear I'd guess.

Archduke Flo dumps on most stuff as he considers it "inferior" due to his refined sensibilities and impeccable taste...Early on he b!tched and moaned re: the lack of discussion of high-end(read: expen$ive) toys and "threatened" to leave the site...My advice: don't let the door hit you in the @$$ on the way out...he simply needs an attitude adjustment and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

jimHJJ(...ooo...look at mien big schpeakers, aren't you dummkophs in awe?...a juvenile mid-life crisis?...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...months...or at least since Flo materialized as Flo...Was he another entity previously?

RGA(who has been around for a few years) seems to be a big fan of AN products and has "gotten into it" with others. He just likes his gear I'd guess.

Archduke Flo dumps on most stuff as he considers it "inferior" due to his refined sensibilities and impeccable taste...Early on he b!tched and moaned re: the lack of discussion of high-end(read: expen$ive) toys and "threatened" to leave the site...My advice: don't let the door hit you in the @$$ on the way out...he simply needs an attitude adjustment and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

jimHJJ(...ooo...look at mien big schpeakers, aren't you dummkophs in awe?...a juvenile mid-life crisis?...)
    Flo used to be Mr.megnepan, or something like that. They have been at it for a bit now. Not sure how long. Flo is a good guy. He just takes things a little seriously sometimes. He's been working on it and getting better. Sometimes he slips up, and sometimes others push him hard. Maybe because of words they have had in the past. Either way, I hope they both stay. They both have more knowledge about audio than I do and I learn from them. They also have diverse & cool personalities.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Flo used to be Mr.megnepan, or something like that. They have been at it for a bit now. Not sure how long. Flo is a good guy. He just takes things a little seriously sometimes. He's been working on it and getting better. Sometimes he slips up, and sometimes others push him hard. Maybe because of words they have had in the past. Either way, I hope they both stay. They both have more knowledge about audio than I do and I learn from them. They also have diverse & cool personalities.
    I agree with you all the way GMicheal .Dont think will see Flo to much in the future .Is busy with is site .By the way he was doing a good cause for audio review ,he set up site for Planard,Electostatic and DIY manufacturer for these.Wonder who is going to help in this section if Flo not here.He has alot of knowledge in this part of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    I agree with you all the way GMicheal .Dont think will see Flo to much in the future .Is busy with is site .By the way he was doing a good cause for audio review ,he set up site for Planard,Electostatic and DIY manufacturer for these.Wonder who is going to help in this section if Flo not here.He has alot of knowledge in this part of the forum.
    He was doing a great job of it. It was coming around fast. Not sure what happened with the edit function. It sure blew up fast though. I hope that everyone cools down and it gets worked out. He has a lot to offer. Knowledge, personality and fireworks.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    He was doing a great job of it. It was coming around fast. Not sure what happened with the edit function. It sure blew up fast though. I hope that everyone cools down and it gets worked out. He has a lot to offer. Knowledge, personality and fireworks.
    He has a high entertainment factor for some of us. I was glad to see RGA posting again. Of course now I don't see Flo. You don't suppose..............
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

He has a high entertainment factor for some of us. I was glad to see RGA posting again. Of course now I don't see Flo. You don't suppose..............
    I never suppose. But I hope your wrong. Maybe he's just busy with his site and we'll see him again soon.

I never suppose. But I hope your wrong. Maybe he's just busy with his site and we'll see him again soon.
    By the way it looks know ,I dont think will see him for a while.He did sent me a PM .I did learn from him.Who said you cant show a old dog a new trick?

Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    By the way it looks know ,I dont think will see him for a while.He did sent me a PM .I did learn from him.Who said you cant show a old dog a new trick?
    I hope his PM was not a "so long and thanks for all the fish" note.

I thought the saying was, "you can't feed a dog old ticks."

Florian doesn't like "Black" music.

I wonder if it was something I said? I did ask him a question.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information