View Poll Results: Who is the most helpfull member of our forum?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kexodusc

3 15.00%
  • Topspeed

3 15.00%
  • RGA

4 20.00%
  • Geoffcin

5 25.00%
  • Florian

3 15.00%
  • Woochifer

15 75.00%
  • Nightflier

3 15.00%
  • Glen B

3 15.00%
  • Ericl

3 15.00%
  • JohnMichael

2 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    RGA
    Forum Regular
    I voted for Kexodusk but I see it showed up for me? Can the powers that be change that -- I don't want to jip Kex.

Also i see some fellow has voted for several people? Umm why does someone get to vote a pile of times?

Quote Originally Posted by RGA
    I voted for Kexodusk but I see it showed up for me? Can the powers that be change that -- I don't want to jip Kex.

Also i see some fellow has voted for several people? Umm why does someone get to vote a pile of times?
    Don't know how to switch your vote. I'll just commit it to memory.

I set it up that each voter could vote for as many people as they want. But only once. This way you could vote for everyone who has helped you. Just thought it would be different & fun.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Your subtleties of sarcasm seemed to elude just about everybody but yourself.
    ...one needs to have some familiarity beyond their own limited circle of "expertise" and be cogniscent of certain facts that support those subtleties for it to be effective, obviously, as in your case, neither applies...I can assume Cam is familiar with Juan De Fuca, since his location is between 50-100km from the provincial park and strait that bears the name...

Also what would be more appropriate but to offer some huevos rancheros to all since Cam suggested I hug a Mexican when I return to my hut?

As I suggested to Cam earlier, some knowledge of the facts is a requirement for participation in the festivities...

jimHJJ(...Latino, eh?...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

RGA
    Forum Regular
    As an aisde I used the words I don;t want to Jip Kex. I am sorry for using the word Jip. I am taking a racism Stereotyping class at my University as part of my B.ed program and made a comment that we were jipped out of our break time from the previous day. And someone commented that that was a derogatory term. It went right over my head. I know this may sound dumb but I did not know this was in reference to Gypsy's. It goes to show me that there are many rather racist words that people may be using (a few others didn't know it referenced Gypsies (SP?), that have been ingrained into our language and kids may be using without really knowing what it means.

So sorry if anyone else has read me use that word in the past.

If we were to illuminate ALL of these from our language there would be nothing left to say.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Derogatory...

...well, perhaps...but by all accounts, not entirely unfounded.

We could start off with the Gypsy fortune-tellers from waybackwhen and come to more recent times when 60 MInutes/Primetime/20-20 did a story on an itinerant group of contrators roaming the country who would pretty much take the money and run...but not until they had first begun some demolition in preparation for the work intended, leaving their victims quite literally in the cold. They are of Romany-descent and have a long, proud history of similar activities...they are Gypsies...

Heaven forbid you tell someone they have a chink in their armor...

BTW, GM...while I'm not trying to shine a light on the error, the word's "eliminate"...

jimHJJ(...just some more of my racist, homophobic mutterings...)
    Last edited by Resident Loser; 09-14-2005 at 11:45 AM. Reason: spelling, what else?
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...well, perhaps...but by all accounts, not entirely unfounded.

We could start off with the Gypsy fortune-tellers from waybackwhen and come to more recent times when 60 MInutes/Primetime/20-20 did a story on an itinerent group of contrators roaming the country who would pretty much take the money and run...but not until they had first begun some demolition in preparation for the work intended, leaving their victims quite literally in the cold. They are of Romany-descent and have a long, proud history of similar activities...they are Gypsies...

Heaven forbid you tell someone they have a chink in their armor...

BTW, GM...while I'm not trying to shine a light on the error, the word's "eliminate"...

jimHJJ(...just some more of my racist, homophobic mutterings...)
    Hahaha.. Well some of these words will run for the hills when put under a bright light.

Yes I dug this one up. I'd only been around for a month so I couldn't comment.

Well in the 5 months I've been hanging around, I've had almost everyone put a finger or two in one of my threads. I've read thread after thread on every subject. And I must say, I've learned a little bit from everyone. The knowledge that some of you guys have on audio and video is simply amazing. I did not know that HT ran so deep until I stumbled upon this site. Hell, I didn't know much of anything HT wise until I found this site. Although I was on my fourth system, I quickly realized there's more to this hobby than just throwing more and more money into it. The response from the more experienced posters is valuable information. For example, you get your newbie that pops up and says"I don't like my system, it doesn't sound right, I'm gonna go out and buy something nice and shiny to make it sound better". And then the reply is not to go out and spend more money but to break down and analyze the situation. Room acoustics, proper calibration, SPL meters, repositioning speakers, it's all thrown in and next thing you know, the newbie not only walks away with a ton of information, but with some extra cash in his pocket as well. I think the key point is always getting some knowledge across to a person, not just yelling out the answer. Yeah, I still gotta long ways to go,but as long as I keep hanging around, some of this stuff is bound to stick. I can easily see why some guys have been hanging around here for years. My vote goes to AR as a whole.

Now I think funniest member should go to GM

Why thank you L.J.

I was just thinking the other day that I don't get to help very many people here. Mostly because everyone knows so much more than I do. Felt like I was just the new annoying guy with no real input.

Thanks again

Mike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information