Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Forum Regular MindGoneHaywire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    1,125

    We seem to have a pretty popular forum here...

    Just took a look & there were over 150 posts in Rave Recs so far, which is nearly 5 times more than any other forum on the site. Which surprises me, because the General board has always outstripped RR on posts so far as I can tell. But...I'm not surprised that the numbers would bear out that this forum has a very decent-sized core group of active posters, even with the decline the forum has seen over the past year or two.

  2. #2
    Rocket Surgeon Swish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,918

    Those were the days my friend.

    Quote Originally Posted by MindGoneHaywire
    Just took a look & there were over 150 posts in Rave Recs so far, which is nearly 5 times more than any other forum on the site. Which surprises me, because the General board has always outstripped RR on posts so far as I can tell. But...I'm not surprised that the numbers would bear out that this forum has a very decent-sized core group of active posters, even with the decline the forum has seen over the past year or two.
    We thought they'd never end.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

    If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

  3. #3
    Shostakovich fan Feanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    8,127

    It's a pity

    Quote Originally Posted by MindGoneHaywire
    Just took a look & there were over 150 posts in Rave Recs so far, which is nearly 5 times more than any other forum on the site. Which surprises me, because the General board has always outstripped RR on posts so far as I can tell. But...I'm not surprised that the numbers would bear out that this forum has a very decent-sized core group of active posters, even with the decline the forum has seen over the past year or two.
    Strictly personally, I would like more coverage of classical music. Tastes around here a pretty philistine however.

  4. #4
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    Strictly personally, I would like more coverage of classical music. Tastes around here a pretty philistine however.
    Yeah, we're all savages.

    I general enjoy classical music when I hear it. And I've had a fair amount of exposure to it from a very young age. My Mom has always listened to classical music so I heard a lot of it as a kid. And the Toronto Symphony Orchestra does a children's series of concerts that she used to take me to many, many, many years ago. Yet, it's never been something that I've seeked out on my own. I don't know why that is.

  5. #5
    Forum Regular audio amateur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Yeah, we're all savages.

    I general enjoy classical music when I hear it. And I've had a fair amount of exposure to it from a very young age. My Mom has always listened to classical music so I heard a lot of it as a kid. And the Toronto Symphony Orchestra does a children's series of concerts that she used to take me to many, many, many years ago. Yet, it's never been something that I've seeked out on my own. I don't know why that is.
    I enjoy it more & more but I have to say that I am very picky/selective. Some pieces can really grab me wheras a lot I just don't care for.

  6. #6
    Stainmaster Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Fumbuck
    Posts
    2,630
    I've got about as much use for classical as I do for persimmons and Richard Simmons and a simonizer and Simply Red and simplexes.

    <------apt.

    fp

  7. #7
    Retro Modernist 02audionoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,908
    Classical music is ok but I really prefer the Jonas Brothers.

  8. #8
    Rocket Surgeon Swish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,918

    I love to listen to classical music when I'm wanting to..

    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    Strictly personally, I would like more coverage of classical music. Tastes around here a pretty philistine however.
    ...fall asleep. It gets me yawning with excitement. That Itzhak Perlman can really rip it man.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

    If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

  9. #9
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,769
    OMG! Feanor was right!

  10. #10
    Sure, sure... Auricauricle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Yonder
    Posts
    2,886
    Speak feryerself, Feanbean an' Stillfall!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. First thread on the new Forum
    By trollgirl in forum Cables
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 10:39 AM
  2. How is it I joined this forum before I was born?
    By Kam in forum Site Feedback/Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-19-2003, 03:37 AM
  3. College Football on the New Forum!
    By Kam in forum Off Topic/Non Audio
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:29 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-13-2003, 10:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •