Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    It's just a hobby

Some measurements for the Actual Speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Pat D
    Do we have actual measurements to verify the wide dispersion of NXT speakers?
    Some measurements for the Cyrus Icon

http://www.audiosale.dk/files/klipsch-rf7.pdf

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    The Shahinian Obelisk uses multiple tweeters and midranges to give a wide soundfield.

I can say the below is true...

with my ML's also...in the right position your in La La land...unlike anything I've heard..but in my smallish room...a few inches to one side or the other...and your just outside of La La land...now to be fair...even off center of the "sweet spot" the ML can best many mnay speakers out there (and should for the ching=ching they get for them)...but in the "zone" whew...it's magic!

Pogue

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Every Maggie I've ever heard, including their best models requires your head to be locked into a vise otherwise you lose the center image and soundstaging...not exactly what I'd call "wide dispersion".
    Now, if you can sit yourself into the sweet spot, a good planar can sound phenomenal.
    • Mark Levinson No. 27
    • Musical Fidelity 308cr
    • Martin Logan Prodigy's
    • Ariel Acoustics 10-T
    • Rega Planet CD
    • CJ Premier 9 DAC
    • Linn LP12 - Basik Plus - Valhalla
    • Benz Micro Cart.
    • Akai GX 747 Reel to Reel
    • Straight Wire Virtuoso Interconnects

RGA
    Forum Regular
    The value of not being tied to a sweetspot is dependant on your room and how you listen and frankly is not the least bit important if you buy what you need for your listening space. i listen in a chair in the middle of my room - the chair is on rollers because it is a computer chair and my computer is in the room. When I am on the computer and listening to music I am well over to the right(looking at the speakers). To me tonality and timbral accuracy is more important.

That said it can be nice to have good off axis response which is why I can listen to my system against the right wall the left wall center and I get very similar nearly identical results with my main system -- my second system does well for a horn set-up in that it sounds similar off axis but I don't think it gets the center image bang on even in the sweetspot. My main system does an incredible job on acoustic music because whether you are in front of a piano or beside it t should still create the sound of a piano in a believable way -- or any other instrument. Besides the system should be conveying the differences between recordings -- system one does it one helluva lot better than system two and every other system i have ever heard - which is why it is system one.

It simply comes down to, as boring as it may be, listening and finding something you like -- if you need techno-babble and to read graphs it probably meant the system didn't engage you on it's own merit -- and if it didn't do that then you made a mistake IMO.

It's just a hobby
    Tonality and timbral accuracy are at their best in the sweetspot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information