Forum Regular

Which Speaker Stands for NHT Super Ones

Any ideas for good, relatively tall speaker stands between $50-$100?

Quote Originally Posted by eighthcircuit
    Check www.calibex.com and look under speaker stand .Hope it helps.Pat.P

Forum Regular
    Right now i'm stuck between two different stands. The first is a Sanus NF30 (which retails at about $90) that i can ge on ebay for really cheap (the total price including shipping will almost defintely not go over $40). It's made out of wood and cannot be filled with sand or anything else. Also, the top plate is only 6" x 6" while my NHT' Super One bases are 7.25" x 8.5". On the up side I like the fact that it is 30" rather than 24". Here's a link from crutchfield that describes this stand: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-r9znN2v...500&I=051NF30B

The other stand is of obviously better quality, it's the Parts Express 24" HIGH MASS METAL SPEAKER STAND ($113). Here's the site: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=240-744. It's a very good deal for a great stand but it will be almost triple the price of the Sanus NF30.

Will there really be a significant audible difference between these stands? I find it very difficult to pay over half the price I paid for my speakers just for stands. I may be ignorant about the importance of stands so let me know. By the way, my listening circumstances aren't the greatest either. It's a bedroom with my listing position only about 5 feet (at best) back from where the speakers will be. Right now my speakers are just sitting on my desk (only about 2 feet apart) with my computer monitor in between. Which stands should i get?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eighthcircuit
    I use a pair of Sanus Euro stands for my NHT SuperOnes. They are 24 inches tall and work well while I am seated on my loveseat. The platforms are smaller than the speakers but not by much and I use a tacky substance to keep the speaker in place. I have been pleased with the looks and the sound on the stands or should I say the stands do not add anything to the speakers audibly.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Thread Information