Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Scored!!

Suspended
    Kid, all the youth that drop out of school and you had to have one that wants to further their education, what's wrong with her? And, you paying for it just encourages her, get a grip.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    FWIW

I just reviewed the Grant Fidelity Tube DAC-09 here http://www.dagogo.com/View-Article.asp?hArticle=742

Cheers,

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Kid, all the youth that drop out of school and you had to have one that wants to further their education, what's wrong with her? And, you paying for it just encourages her, get a grip.
    LOL

It gets worse..... My son just lettered in Academics in H.S. so next year I will have two of these education "free loaders" in college. I blame my wife for this because as we all know from reading my posts they could not get this whole education thingy from me.....
    NAD D3020
    Denon 2910
    Denon DMD 1000
    MSB Link DAC III
    Von Schweikert VR2
    NAD 7240PE
    NAD 5240
    Hughes AK 100
    Tascam 122
    Technics SL 1700
    Rogers BBC Monitors LS3/6

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    It looks like I'll be picking up the KG3's in the next couple of weeks. The seller lives out of town.

3LB, any idea what would make a good center for the Forte?
    Mr P, I've found for the best surround sound having all speakers the same keeps the sound from changing timbre as it moves. All I'm saying is you just need two more pairs of FORTES for 6.1! WHat are you waiting for????

Suspended
    A couple of things, the Forte are no longer current so you can't just go out and get two more pair, easily any way, and those things aren't small either.

On the other hand the way the Heresy are short and tilted back they just fit under my TV. I also would like to get another quality listen to the RF63's. For now though I'm making it alright with the Heresy being driven by the CJ and my Dyn's driven by the HT set up. Having my sub do double duty really helped the Heresy on 2 channel.

A couple of things, the Forte are no longer current so you can't just go out and get two more pair, easily any way, and those things aren't small either.
    I was kinda kidding, even though I HAVE found center channels SHOULD be the same as the side for the most realism. It would sound AWESOME.

Suspended
    I agree with you though, after having my three front speakers match I'd never go back to a mismatched set up.

Suggestion FTW

Mr.P, any thoughts to replacing the caps on your Forte's? It' a relatively easy and inexpensive update. I have a pair of KG2's, I did both the caps and titanium diaphragm upgrade, the caps first, then the diaphragm. The caps gave the biggest improvement. It'll sound a bit brighter at first, not harsh, but pleasant (only because the older caps may have not been function correctly) but it'll also give you more detail. More so I thought than the titanium upgrade, to my ears anyway. I realize we are talking different models, but just thru my own experience with vintage speakers, no matter the brand or model, 99% of the time you'll hear an improvement replacing the caps.I think of it more as an update than upgrade, although it could be considered both.

Suspended
    LTL, I haven't but I will keep it in mind.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information