AR Newbie Registered Member

Satellite Sub Confusion

Having posted this in the HT forum with no replies, I thought I would try this forum.

Every few years I am fortunate enough to be able to upgrade my audio equipment and invest a little more than previously spent ... This time out I am in search of a good satellite sub combination in the $1k-$1.5k range. I have looked far and wide... Damn the internet !! I have looked so much that I am now totally confused... Unfortunately I do not live any where near a shop where I can demo speakers. I know tastes are highly subjetive but I really have no other option then to base my choice on input from the experience you all offer. I replaced my Denon AVR-2801 w/ a Pioneer VSX-94TXH , and am now looking at replacing my AR/Klipsch speakers w/ a satellite sub combo. The room they will be used in is 12x18 with a cathedral ceiling peaked at 1 side with the TV postioned in a corner flanked by the L/R speakers. I currently am looking at these setups...

Mordaunt Short Alumni
    KEF 5005.2
    KEF KHT6000
    Paradigm Cinema 110
    Definitive Technology Pro Cinema 800
    Morel Nova System
    MK Sound MKMovie
    NHT 5.1 (Super Zero XU and Sub Ten)
    NHT Verve
    Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro TI
    Mission M-Cube
    Emotiva (ERM's and ERD's)
    Aperion Intumus 4B
    Orb Audio Mod 2
    HSU Research

I have found all of the above packages between $850 and $1400. And, believe it or not, I am open to other suggestion ...

Should you accept the challange, I would love to hear what you think.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Mirage

Look into Mirage omnisat v2's for satrellites they are on sale now due to being replaced by new line. I have them and love them. Their soundstage is huge and have great presence and play plenty loud. They are also well built.

Thread Information