Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I have to research on good sub that is affordable though in the future to have more bass if I want to have more bass. I think this will be the cheapest way to get full sound. Since I' am not rich. But MaxxBass is amazing. I will have to decide on if I need a sub or not though when I get the MA-7A monitors from Roland. Cakewalk and Edirol are from Roland. I know Roland is a good company too they make keyboards and other gear.
    Last edited by Joe_Carr; 07-19-2010 at 02:19 PM.

How do I add my signature that was on my SpankingVanillaIce to this account? I want to put my forums on my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Carr
    How do I add my signature that was on my SpankingVanillaIce to this account? I want to put my forums on my sig.

lookup a post from the past when you were under the name of SVI, copy the signature.

You cannot access your SVI account anymore.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

It not showing my sig on the post I made using SpankingVanillaIce.

Suspended
    Btw I did last week got the Edirol MA-1EX USB monitors and I will soon get the Edirol MA-7A. I just like the MaxxBass feature since it really makes the bass go low without overdriving the woofer. If you research MaxxBass you will see what I mean. Plus if I got the MA-7A I can add a real sub if I wanted more bass since there is an sub out RCA female type on back of the amp. I think that would be the best since then I will have full range of sound. But the MaxxBass feature is really cool you know. Also these monitors have bass and treble controls and 3 inputs.

Take a look at the video on this link and it will tell you about MaxxBass.

http://www.waves.com/Content.aspx?id=327

Basicly Cakewalk MA-7A is the current line but are the same as Edirol MA-7A.
    Spanky, you've done it! No need to even look at any other speakers, these are the ones! From what I can tell, these are comparable to the wonderful systems in those cars that you can hear coming from 1/4 mile away. And we all know the sound systems in those cars ROCK! Your speakers are way better than most of the speakers owned by all the know -nothings on this forum.

You don't need our crappy hand-me-downs now...you've found the Holy Grail!

Go forth and be at peace.
    Last edited by RoyY51; 07-19-2010 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyY51
    Spanky, you've done it! No need to even look at any other speakers, these are the ones! From what I can tell, these are comparable to the wonderful systems in those cars that you can hear coming from 1/4 mile away. And we all know the sound systems in those cars ROCK! Your speakers are way better than most of the speakers owned by all the know -nothings on this forum.

You don't need our crappy hand-me-downs now...you've found the Holy Grail! Go forth and be at peace.
    Roy, I definitely agree. With Edirol MA-1EX USB monitors having 0.75 W per ch. (that is 3 quarter of a watt) and Edirol MA-7A having 7 W per ch., he will be in holly grail and rocking till morning light. Especially with MaxxBass feature On. Wohoooo......

Don't forget that I can add a real subwoofer to add more deep bass. But I have to save up for that. Then it would play from low to high clearly. But I can't buy a real high end sub though since those costs more than $500. If I had the JBL ES250PBK or the Mirage Omni-S8 sub that would be super but I can only afford something like the Sony SA-W2500 or the Yamaha YST-SW216BL or something around that range. What subs do you think are good around $150 or less?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar

You know I started to help with this issue but You have worn me out with the drama. I am sure you will figure it out.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

It might come to no choice but I might have to use my Spanking screen name instead of what I have now. Since everyone knows me by Spanky it might be best to use that since no one ever here calls me Joe like my screen name. I guess I had used Spanky screen name for a long long time. Btw I was not able to find a way to get my sig. I think the only way is to reactivate Spanking and then I copy and past it on my Joe one. I did also notice something but is there anyone in here that has changed there screen name to something different after few years? If not why?

Do most people try to keep there old original screen names? Or do they ever update them? just wondering

If I had the JBL ES250PBK or the Mirage Omni-S8 sub that would be super but I can only afford something like the Sony SA-W2500 or the Yamaha YST-SW216BL or something around that range. What subs do you think are good around $150 or less?
    Get the Sony sub, but do not get pc speakers Edirol MA-7A. Instead get a pair of decent budget bookshelf speakers (look at Athena line for $140), and two channel amp/receiver (Sherwood has one under $100) and you be all set.

Well I want to match with my current my MA-1EX that's why I wanted the Edirol and then get a sub to add more lower end plus they made it easy to connect a sub to the studio monitors. If I get a whole new system then it will cost more. Also it is simple and doesn't have all of the wires out and the amp is on the right speaker. It will be easier for me to get brand new MA-7A monitors and Sony sub. Also if I feel like I don't want bass on some days I can turn the sub off and use the MaxxBass feature since I have heard of them and they sound good too. Please don't get upset about this though. I really think the Edirols are versatile and has tons of features for the price.

I pretty much made up my mind on getting the MA-7A but just need to get a sub. I guess I will save for the Sonys.

You said...
    If I get a whole new system then it will cost more.
    And then you said...
    It will be easier for me to get brand new MA-7A monitors and Sony sub.
    With Sony sub and channeling MA-7A fund toward decent bookshelf speakers, the only extra expense you will have would be to by a receiver which cost about $100. So for $100 more over your current budget you will have whole new system.

MA-7A will not make you happy. With only 7 watts of power, all you will hear is distortion, not music. As we have said before, more power does not mean louder. It mean better quality with less distortion as even 1 watt system can get pretty loud.

Hope I am not wasting my breath

Suspended
    You're wasting your breath.

...and the beat goes on...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by markw
    ...and the beat goes on...
    The worst thing about this whole situtation is that he seem to go backward, instead of forward in his quest for better sound. He went from Philips 20 watts to Edirol MA-1EX USB 0.75 watts speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    The worst thing about this whole situtation is that he seem to go backward, instead of forward in his quest for better sound. His new Edirol MA-1EX USB speakers are now down to 0.75 watts per ch
    It's been made pretty clear in the past few days that he's a special case. He's not here for advice, he's here for companionship. Obviously he doesn't do well in the real world and his only interaction with other people is here.

What he says doesn't matter. What we respond with doesn't matter. That we respond at all is what matters.

So, I guess we can look at answering him as somewhat of a public service, not unlike visiting the elderly in nursing homes/assisted living facilities where many people never see visitors. The visitors don't have to be relatives, just warm bodies to show them that someone cares by paying them some attention and interacting with them.
    Last edited by markw; 07-19-2010 at 08:41 PM.

Didn't he have these a few years ago?
    Don't know. I lost count long time and many monikers ago

Sorry.

Don't know. I lost count long time and many monikers ago
    I had second thoughts and edited the post right out from under ya.

It's been made pretty clear in the past few days that he's a special case. He's not here for advice, he's here for companionship. Obviously he doesn't do well in the real world and his only interaction with other people is here.

What he says doesn't matter. What we respond with doesn't matter. That we respond at all is what matters.
    That seem to becoming more clear as this drama unfold. For example, JohnMicheal said that Spanky design his own web site (Dinasor forum). But today he was asking how can he transfer his signature from old moniker to new one (which is just matter of copy and paste). Something don't add up here

I missed some things over night, so it seems...

Spanky/joe/Dallas/whatever your name might be..;

DO NOT get the edirols.

Stop
    stop right now.
    start saving, just a little, do what smokey told ya, get a pair of bookshelves, look at the Athena line, get a small receiver, and then save for a sub later on.

You'll be all set, and finally happy.
    YOU will NOT be happy with the edirols.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

If John gives up, so do I.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

That seem to becoming more clear as this drama unfold. For example, JohnMicheal said that Spanky design his own web site (Dinasor forum). But today he was asking how can he transfer his signature from old moniker to new one (which is just matter of copy and paste). Something don't add up here
    Yes it is matter of copy and paste but there is a problem. How can I copy something that isn't there anymore. It seems like when you are banned you can't goto you sig and copy it. There is no sig link on my profile. Also on my last post I made using Spanky I don't see my sig there under my post so I can't copy it. Please do not say I' am stupid since it seems like that's what you are saying in a different way. Maybe I' am thinking to much but it seemed that way.

I' am here mostly to just inform you guys my current speaker system. If I want to know something then I will ask you guys a question. But as I said before please don't tell me to use a different product since I never asked you guys "What speakers should I use" and "What amp should I use". I only so far asked what sub should I get and you said the Sonys so that's what I will get. In the future if that is I ever get enough money and have enough to buy a new system and want to know what speakers, receiver I should get then you guys can say what you think is best. But I only asked what sub should I use and now I know.

I do appreciate that you guys are trying to say this is better or that is better but when I set my mind on something I want I will get it and then if I need any help I will ask. Like the sub question.

Point is please just answer the questions I' am asking and not say something I didn't ask unless it's reguarding the question.

Thanks

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information