AR Newbie Registered Member

Need some speaker advice

Good afternoon. I am new to the whole high end audio world hence why I am probably going to ask some stupid questions.
    I just purchased a McIntosh MC2505 amp and a McIntosh C26 preamp and now am shopping for some speakers. So far I have found a pair of McIntosh XR5 speakers listed at $650.00 for the set also have an option of Mc XR1051 for $850.00 and last a set of Klipsch Heresy that are the 1st version I think listed for $1100.00. Do yall think any of the above options are a good match? My room I will be putting this in is kinda long and narrow (say about 15 X 30 ) with the speakers facing me from the narrow direction. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Billy

Forum Regular
    Polk Audio or Klipsch Fortes would be a good choice.

McIntosh is great gear, but don't think their speakers match well with the same equipment. Speakers are so unique sounding. Do yourself a favor and go listen to different brands and sizes. Staying with similar components work well, but doesn't extend to gear-speakers.

Also, for $1100 for old speakers is too much. Technology has come a long way. Expand your search and let us know what you decide.

Any of those would be a good fit for your set up Blaze. Just be sure to not overlook the installation as the speaker placement is just as, if not more, important than the speaker quality. TV Wall Mount
    Minneapolis

Listen to every word Tarheel has written!

Forum Regular
    Yup trust your ears and your ears only. You can spend a ton on really good speakers but if you cannot discern the difference then spending that extra money is more like burning it. Everyone has different tastes in music, different setups, different set of requirements so just visit some good audio shops and test out the various speakers.

Forum Regular
    Hello guys! Can you also recommend good preamp for Shure SM7B? did you have experience with such devices?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Oventorot View Post
    Hello guys! Can you also recommend good preamp for Shure SM7B? did you have experience with such devices?

Hello. There can be different variants. I didn't have big experience with this manufacturer, but recently I saw article about audio interface for shure sm7b. This site contains a lot of useful information, by the way in this post you can find a top pick of best preamps for shure sm7b on the market. Good luck!

Thread Information