Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mission 707

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    All done. Why anyone would pay someone to refoam is beyond me. No mess and centered perfectly....we'll see what tommorrow brings.

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Good luck!
    I have done a couple of refoams now with no problems so I am sure you won't have a problem. Just be patient and don't hurry through it. Should only take a couple of hours but it will be time well spent. Let us know how it goes.

Best wishes on your new fangled "acoustic transducers". You are making me have some second thoughts about CD transports and DAC's.No, I'm not going the Phillips TDA route. Your thoughts about transports is what piqued my interest.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE SP9
    Best wishes on your new fangled "acoustic transducers". You are making me have some second thoughts about CD transports and DAC's.No, I'm not going the Phillips TDA route. Your thoughts about transports is what piqued my interest.
    You'll need to explain more. Are you planning to buy a CDP or DAC? I'm looking at a Mission Dac 5 locally, it has a TDA 1547.

Quote Originally Posted by thekid
    Good luck!
    I have done a couple of refoams now with no problems so I am sure you won't have a problem. Just be patient and don't hurry through it. Should only take a couple of hours but it will be time well spent. Let us know how it goes
    kid I am already done. Just waiting for the glue to dry. I'll bang em out tommorrow evening.

kid I am already done. Just waiting for the glue to dry. I'll bang em out tommorrow evening.
    Ah...those are the after pics....
    Looked so good I could not tell-Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    KM? Never heard of it. I was considering the KG series, 3 and 4. Did you serve?
    Naw...I bought them in Carolina from a friend who did. He had the KM-4, the big brother KM-6 and the center channel KM-C. He sold them all for $400 bucks. Me and another friend split the cost with him taking the KM-6 and the KM-C. I paid $175 and he paid $225

As I said, the KM series was made for military only, but they where the same as those in the KG series sold to civilians. The KM-4 is the KG-3.5 and the KM-6 is the KG-5.5

Check it out.

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/product...ive/km-series/

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/product...s/default.aspx
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

My, my, my.

These speakers really are fun and lively. The imaging is bang on and really boosts the detail. Integration between channels is seamless, and they melt into the walls giving a wonderfully open stage.

I had the Paradigm Model 7se hooked up for the last day. As compared to those, the 707 is light years better.

LP Blue Note Re-Issue

The Paradigms do a nice job with jazz. The 707's however instantly brought the band into the room. Hancock's piano is way more present and defined. Cymbals, particularily the ride are distinct and rhythmic, as they should be. The Model 7se did a great job with trumpet but the 707 really pushed the bar. The tone is superb and high pitched trills and blasts send shivers with eerie realism. The Paradigms really lacked in staging, depth was not apparent as it is with the Missions. This of course added to the overall performance.

Redbook CD

This album is a real rocker, an area the Model 7se does well. I didn't care for the bass with them however, very bloated and undefined. The 707 again performed wonderfully. The vocals really shone as compared to the Paradigm. Not only that, but the crystal clear imaging of Black and his guitar, center stage, gave the music real excitement. Superb detail and seperation between all of the performers. I found that any deep bass with sudden impact was a tad boomy. Too soon to make a call...

LP Columbia Original

This LP presents an interesting challenge. It's all guitar, so the bass responsibilities are basically nil. Mid and high range rule here. The Paradigm did really well with this, I would have to say just about as good as the 707 in terms of output. I felt the 707 displayed more intensity with the range, when DiMeola for example does an insane, blisteringly fast walk up the neck.

Of course, it's back to the imaging again. This album already has great seperation having placed each player on the left, middle and right for the whole performance. Still, the 707 widened and dissapeared giving a real sense of "being there".

Anyhow, if you've read this far you're a trooper. I plan to spend the evening spinning LPs. I've got some original Beck and DiMeola plus a few jazz numbers I want to spin.

Life is good.

Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    My, my, my.

These speakers really are fun and lively. The imaging is bang on and really boosts the detail. Integration between channels is seamless, and they melt into the walls giving a wonderfully open stage.

I had the Paradigm Model 7se hooked up for the last day. As compared to those, the 707 is light years better.

LP Blue Note Re-Issue

The Paradigms do a nice job with jazz. The 707's however instantly brought the band into the room. Hancock's piano is way more present and defined. Cymbals, particularily the ride are distinct and rhythmic, as they should be. The Model 7se did a great job with trumpet but the 707 really pushed the bar. The tone is superb and high pitched trills and blasts send shivers with eerie realism. The Paradigms really lacked in staging, depth was not apparent as it is with the Missions. This of course added to the overall performance.

Redbook CD

This album is a real rocker, an area the Model 7se does well. I didn't care for the bass with them however, very bloated and undefined. The 707 again performed wonderfully. The vocals really shone as compared to the Paradigm. Not only that, but the crystal clear imaging of Black and his guitar, center stage, gave the music real excitement. Superb detail and seperation between all of the performers. I found that any deep bass with sudden impact was a tad boomy. Too soon to make a call...

LP Columbia Original

This LP presents an interesting challenge. It's all guitar, so the bass responsibilities are basically nil. Mid and high range rule here. The Paradigm did really well with this, I would have to say just about as good as the 707 in terms of output. I felt the 707 displayed more intensity with the range, when DiMeola for example does an insane, blisteringly fast walk up the neck.

Of course, it's back to the imaging again. This album already has great seperation having placed each player on the left, middle and right for the whole performance. Still, the 707 widened and dissapeared giving a real sense of "being there".

Anyhow, if you've read this far you're a trooper. I plan to spend the evening spinning LPs. I've got some original Beck and DiMeola plus a few jazz numbers I want to spin.

Life is good.
    PC

Nice write-up!
    I will have to keep my eyes open for that music, they sound like they could be reference pieces for evaluating gear. You mentioned Beck in your post. My son burned me a copy of "Sea Change" which I love for early morning listening.

Quote Originally Posted by thekid
    PC

Nice write-up!
    I will have to keep my eyes open for that music, they sound like they could be reference pieces for evaluating gear. You mentioned Beck in your post. My son burned me a copy of "Sea Change" which I love for early morning listening.
    You should definitely check out Frank Black if you haven't. Really great rock. His self titled and Teenager of the Year are both awesome. I have wonderful LPs of these...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information