AR Newbie Registered Member

Martin Logan Odissey for Home cinema ?

Hi all,

I am more a stereophile than a home-cinema addict. But at the same time I am actually building a house and plan to put all my equipment into one dedicated space in the basement. That place will be soundproof and walls will be carpeted in black and so forth to comply with home-cinema requirements.
    This will also be the place where I listen to stereo music.
    I am planning on replacing my Linn Ninka front speakers with Martin Logan Odissey and buy 2 Elctrocompaniet AW-180 monoblock power-amps.
    So my question is, does anybody knows how big electrostats speakers like these will behave in that kind of specific acousticaly treated environments ?

Thanks.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    I don't think anyone can tell you for sure - rooms have an impact on sound and rooms are all different. I can tell you that that is one helluva good speaker and sounds great in home theater - ML makes a center channel as well - which for a center channel not an exact match of the Oddysey is one of the best integrated centers I've heard.

You could try your post at Audioasylum .com This is more of a forum of entry level high end and Mid-fi home theater. http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/speakers/bbs.html

Magnepan HT User

Martin Logans

Quote Originally Posted by xtrips
    Hi all,

I am more a stereophile than a home-cinema addict. But at the same time I am actually building a house and plan to put all my equipment into one dedicated space in the basement. That place will be soundproof and walls will be carpeted in black and so forth to comply with home-cinema requirements.
    This will also be the place where I listen to stereo music.
    I am planning on replacing my Linn Ninka front speakers with Martin Logan Odissey and buy 2 Elctrocompaniet AW-180 monoblock power-amps.
    So my question is, does anybody knows how big electrostats speakers like these will behave in that kind of specific acousticaly treated environments ?

Thanks.
    I would suspect that the Odysseys would sound great in that type of environment. Having a set of Martin Logan and Eminent Technology myself, they both work great in home theater and two-channel situations. You may want to post your question at the Martin Logan Club Forum at www.martinloganowners.com to obtain specific answers for your speakers.

Ben

Thread Information