Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Suspended

JBL Control 1 Pro

OK so it still smells fishy around here since the fool deleted his post.

There are no such speakers as Control 1 Extremes.

There are 2 models, The Control 1 at 8ohms and the Control 1 Pro which is the 4ohm version with the better tweeter.

Either way, they are still toys in little plastic boxes, ie PC Speakers.

Even the Polk Monitor 30s that I just got new, in a box, at $91 delivered or the bigger 40 series for $122 delivered would have been a much better choice.

Had you asked before you bought the wrong speakers, then a worse sounding replacement pair, you would be listening to a decent setup for the same money and trouble you caused yourself.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    In this world we all have different abilities. We also have different gifts to offer the world. I have spent many years working with people who have developmental disabilities both as a job coach and in managing support services in a hospital. I am a citizen advocate to a gentleman who is DD and bags groceries in a store. I now work with the elderly who through illness and dementia are less able to care for themselves. I cope with my own mental illnesses and diagnosis.

I do not think Dallas aka Dustin_Broke is a troll. I think he is doing the best he can. I would love to see those who have nothing positive to offer please stop responding to his posts. If he is truly a troll which I doubt he will get bored and leave. If he is differntly abled you will not be cruel. I think his patterns of behaviors are so consistent that he is what he is.

If you need to attack someone find someone who can give it back full measure. Have fun with it and be creative. Please do not bully the less abled. I almost banned him once due to his misunderstanding of what is appropriate.

Just my input.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

We sure do have a lot of fun at his expense. Me included. But I don't think that he is faking anything. What we've seen is who he is. All one needs to do is to poke around in his website and see for themselves. It sure would be a lot to go through to invent this personallity, and never break charater (on multiple sites) for all these years just to troll us.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I'm on the fence here. Most of us here do offer positive advice, at least at first. But, after having the advice ignored and answering the same questions over and over it becomes a bit much.

So, it become a question as to whether his participation here is truly to seek advice or just for interaction with others. Both are fine, but when it becomes repetitive, those who initially intend to help him start to feel abused and used in some sort of game that it appears he is playing.

Now, from his last post, it does appear that he, and his partner, are pretty much autonomous in that they function is society, what with worrying about buying gas for a car and paying bills. In such case, he knows what's expected of him in the real world and adjusts his actions accordingly.

To use this forum as an anonymous "release" for some pent up frustration can be expected to generate some negative feedback.. If he tried this in real life, problems or not, at some point it would get to the point that it becomes ridiculous, if not downright insulting to those sincerly trying to help him, and he would be kindly ejected from most places, if not handed his teeth in a bag.

So, while he may have his issues, I do think he does know what he's doing here.

But, I will say, that his posts do generate traffic/activity, which is a welcome change from the generally moribund input from new posters here.

The problem with obsessive compulsive disorder is that while he may know what he is doing he cannot stop it. I have a very mild case involving checking to make sure my apartment door is locked when I leave. I have to check it 4 times. If someone is talking to me and I am not counting the times I check I have to start again. Sure I could lock the door and walk away but I would obsses over the door all day. Many people have something little they are OCD about. Imagine what it would be like to OCD over many aspects of life.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    In this world we all have different abilities. We also have different gifts to offer the world. I have spent many years working with people who have developmental disabilities both as a job coach and in managing support services in a hospital. I am a citizen advocate to a gentleman who is DD and bags groceries in a store. I now work with the elderly who through illness and dementia are less able to care for themselves. I cope with my own mental illnesses and diagnosis.

I do not think Dallas aka Dustin_Broke is a troll. I think he is doing the best he can. I would love to see those who have nothing positive to offer please stop responding to his posts. If he is truly a troll which I doubt he will get bored and leave. If he is differntly abled you will not be cruel. I think his patterns of behaviors are so consistent that he is what he is.

If you need to attack someone find someone who can give it back full measure. Have fun with it and be creative. Please do not bully the less abled. I almost banned him once due to his misunderstanding of what is appropriate.

Just my input.
    I agree that the person in question is definitely not a troll, i.e. he doesn't just come here to get a rise out of us (so to speak). But he does have a problem in that he can't seem to absorb advice. Instead he apparently just wants confirmation and approval of his own notions.

While my patience lasts, I'm willing to offer advice even if it is ignored. When my patience runs out, I then become the one ignores, but I don't ridicule.

The problem with obsessive compulsive disorder is that while he may know what he is doing he cannot stop it. I have a very mild case involving checking to make sure my apartment door is locked when I leave. I have to check it 4 times. If someone is talking to me and I am not counting the times I check I have to start again. Sure I could lock the door and walk away but I would obsses over the door all day. Many people have something little they are OCD about. Imagine what it would be like to OCD over many aspects of life.
    I understand your point and while I'm sympathetic and can be understanding to a point, we are not babysitters nor are here to be used as toys for his personal amusement. While everyone has certain rights and privileges, sometimes, things have to be done to keep others from having to deal with someones condition.

I understanf your compulsion to be sure to check the door (I live in a questionable area) but we have a different situation here: All previous input is clearly visible in the thread. It's not like he has to depend on memory or rote repetion/counting for confirmation. All he has to do is page up to see the same questions and answers repeated multiple times.

Mom had alzheimer's for a few years before she died, and we had to take steps to prevent her from imposing her situation on outsiders. A good example was blocking her phone from all but a few select phone numbers, She would get certain numbers stuck in her head, including those she had from years past. and call them over and over until complaints started coming in to the police from the people who owned them. We had to do something to keep those poor people from having to deal with her problem.

They, well, most, anyway, were understanding when I called them to apologize for Mom's actions and explain the situation, but still, they didn't want to deal with it, nor should they have to.

To put it simply, if he asks questions and accepts the answers, or even researches them, then he's more than welcome to play in this sand box. If he can design a web site, he's got the smarts to understand, and research, what's going on in this hobby. There's no need to keep going on and on like the energizer bunny. Asking the same thing over and over is not the way to do it.

If he can handle himself in the real world, he should be able to do so here. As it stands, people here feel they are being used in a game he's playing. And, in all honesty, I'm not too sure it's not a game to him.
    Last edited by markw; 07-15-2011 at 07:07 AM.

You can only be used as a toy if you choose to be one. I avoid people I find frustrating or annoying. When people try to push my buttons I change my buttons. Or break their fingers. LOL
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    I understand your point and while I'm sympathetic and can be understanding to a point, we are not babysitters nor are here to be used as toys for his personal amusement. While everyone has certain rights and privileges, sometimes, things have to be done to keep others from having to deal with someones condition.

I understanf your compulsion to be sure to check the door (I live in a questionable area) but we have a different situation here: All previous input is clearly visible in the thread. It's not like he has to depend on memory or rote repetion/counting for confirmation. All he has to do is page up to see the same questions and answers repeated multiple times.

Mom had alzheimer's for a few years before she died, and we had to take steps to prevent her from imposing her situation on outsiders. A good example was blocking her phone from all but a few select phone numbers, She would get certain numbers stuck in her head, including those she had from years past. and call them over and over until complaints started coming in to the police from the people who owned them. We had to do something to keep those poor people from having to deal with her problem.

They, well, most, anyway, were understanding when I called them to apologize for Mom's actions and explain the situation, but still, they didn't want to deal with it, nor should they have to.

To put it simply, if he asks questions and accepts the answers, or even researches them, then he's more than welcome to play in this sand box. If he can design a web site, he's got the smarts to understand, and research, what's going on in this hobby. There's no need to keep going on and on like the energizer bunny. Asking the same thing over and over is not the way to do it.

If he can handle himself in the real world, he should be able to do so here. As it stands, people here feel they are being used in a game he's playing. And, in all honesty, I'm not too sure it's not a game to him.
    Perfectly stated!

My main point was that he played us from the start with the models of the speakers. There is no Extreme model, only 1 and 1 pro, which I don't recall ever being in the same post. And since he knew it was all bull, he deleted the post so we could not go back and use his gaming material against him.

How many others here delete their posts after the game is called?

And after all his questions about little plastic speakers, along with all the great advice he has gotten about them, he chooses to buy little plastic speakers for the same price as good ones that we have all suggested over the years. Then he comes back and asks all the same questions.

Hey, if he was not allowed to delete his own posts, he could go back and reread the answers over and over and over and over until it sinks in without messing with us.

He knows exactly what he is doing.

Dustin is a hot white boy Dustin_Broke's Avatar
    I deleted the topic about my speakers I got since someone posted a big pic of a troll and that was totaly not nice. Also people there wasn't talking about my speakers at all they were saying that I needed to post on one topic that was about giving my advice on what system to get.

There is a speaker called the JBL Control 1Xtreme look at this link. http://www.hometheater.com/content/j...treme-speakers

JBL has made so many Control 1 series and it confuses alot of people. There is Control 1 Plus, Control 1 Pro, Control 1, Control ONE, Control 1X, Control 1Xtreme, etc and each Control 1 series are different speakers. But I do know that the Control 1X, Control 1Xtreme and Control ONE are the same speakers. Btw don't get confused with Control 1 and Control ONE since both are different one is 4 ohms and one is 8 ohms. The Control 1 is 4 ohms and the Control ONE is 8 ohms.

Just letting you guys know.

Read this thread.

We know you're not stupid. Take it to heart.

If not, be prepared for continued abuse here.

Gotcha.

You can only be used as a toy if you choose to be one. I avoid people I find frustrating or annoying. When people try to push my buttons I change my buttons. Or break their fingers. LOL
    From his input on this thread, it sure looks to me like he enjoys pushing buttons, and knows he's doing it.

I'll take break the fingers for $400, Alex.

I can say that the Control 1 speakers I had before and the new Control ONE speakers I got sound the same just the Control ONE has slightly more tinny sound since the tweeters use titanium coated polycarbonate dome tweeters. The Control 1 uses just polycarbonate dome tweeters so it's not tinny at all. But all Control 1 series are the same speakers just the Control 1 and Control 1 Pro are 4 ohms and the Control ONE and Xtreme and X are 8 ohms.

The Control 1 Plus uses the same enclosure but the tweeter and woofers are different. They uses better drivers than other Control 1 series. The tweeters are pure titanium dome and the woofer has a bigger magnet and it has more power.

Mutant from table 9
    He has broken character before. I'll have to find the examples later. But, he only truly succeeds at his trolling endeavors if he creates divisions among other members.

"Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

"I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

I hope you guys aren't saying I' am a troll again since I' am not and also I' am just telling you guys about what I think about the speakers I had before and the new ones. Also was just letting you guys know about the other Control 1 series.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

Just my input.
    John, I recognize your point of view as one based on compassion and humanity. That said, this isn't a therepeutic venue and the other dwellers in this sandbox have rights and expectations as well.

My only point is that the evidence is mounting that his capabilities and limitations do not not match what is often portrayed on the page. Further, part of any growth is going to involve pushback and consequence.

Frankly, I think a lot more people like him than don't...even during the car crash times but one can't expect people to continuously and good-naturedly make efforts that are flatly rebuked/ignored without evidencing frustration. That's not human nature.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

friends with Pat McGroin Dusty Beiber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael View Post

I know I don't get this thread either cause the Control 1 Extremes are real and i know that because I owneded once myself. They were tinny and muddy and they got real, real hot when I played music all night.

I licked the GDZLA vMothra moniters more because they pumped the base but no one will talk about that.

Or the Shunyata Venom3 cables that make the Mego 2xL sound much better from what other people say.

You guys don't like talking about gear here just other people I guess. Your not really audiophiles.

[QUOTE=Dusty Beiber;364731]........
    I licked the GDZLA vMothra moniters more because they pumped the base but no one will talk about that.
    ......[QUOTE]

Betcha they liked it to.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Beiber View Post
    I know I don't get this thread either cause the Control 1 Extremes are real and i know that because I owneded once myself. They were tinny and muddy and they got real, real hot when I played music all night.

Or the Shunyata Venom3 cables that make the Mego 2xL sound much better from what other people say.

You guys don't like talking about gear here just other people I guess. Your not really audiophiles.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I don't know whether Dustin is a troll or really just a boy with issues. My opinion goes back and forth. I do know that I've gained many a good laugh reading threads that he's involved in. When I think of some of the troll's on this site who have been hurtful and abusive I have to think that even if Dustin is trolling with us, at least he's not hurting or abusing anyone who isn't a willing participant. If you're really that frustrated then this forum has an ignore button.

If he's a troll, well then, well done! You've had everyone here playing your little game for years now. My hat is off to you...whoever you are.

If he's not a troll then I feel sorry for him. It must be frustrating to go through life always asking questions and feeling like you're never getting answers. Yes, I know he get's answers, but he doesn't believe that he does and that must be a difficult way to live.

Since we do not know for sure if it is a disability or a trolling activity let us try something new. If he is attention seeking let us not give him any. He will then seek attention elsewhere. I think if he was a troll he would post in other threads besides his own. Unless the thread started is about him he mainly posts in his own threads.

Yes all members have rights even Dustin. Let us practice the right to ignore. We all know the results of responding to his posts. If you enjoy your exchanges with him feel free and if he makes you crazy by all means ignore threads/posts he makes.

He has approached the line of being banned but has not crossed over yet. I would hate to bring membership down to a popularity contest. I do not want voted off the island.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I would hate to see him banned if he really is disabled. The problem with the internet is that we may never know for sure. He's not hurting anyone and I think that unless we have proof that he's a troll he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Nobody is being forced to respond to his posts.

Since we do not know for sure if it is a disability or a trolling activity let us try something new. If he is attention seeking let us not give him any. He will then seek attention elsewhere. I think if he was a troll he would post in other threads besides his own. Unless the thread started is about him he mainly posts in his own threads.

Yes all members have rights even Dustin. Let us practice the right to ignore. We all know the results of responding to his posts. If you enjoy your exchanges with him feel free and if he makes you crazy by all means ignore threads/posts he makes.

He has approached the line of being banned but has not crossed over yet. I would hate to bring membership down to a popularity contest. I do not want voted off the island.
    I did PM this message to you but I don't know if you got it.

So are you saying that you think I' am trying to get attention now? I thought you said you know I' am not trying to get attention. But am I really getting close to getting banned? Why would I get that since I never done anything bad.

I thought I finaly found someone that understands me and knows I' am not a bad person. I trusted that you understand the problems I have and everything is ok. Also you said you knew I' am not a troll. But it seems like you are saying that I' am.

One thing I was wondering though that people who are real trolls do they always get in trouble and banned? Meaning it's a very bad thing to do? I don't know this stuff since I' am not a troll and not trying to do anything bad. I' am just how I' am and it seems like since I was around 19 everyone assums I' am one but I never tried to be one. In fact I never knew what troll meant other than it was that ugly creature.

This is the second message I sent you.

I' am just concerned that if I' am in touble of anykind since I don't like to get in trouble. If everything is ok then that's good but I just want to make sure I' am not anywere towards trouble.

But I never figure out why everywhere I go people start to think I' am a troll even I remember just posting few topics started to make some people think I' am one even it's a new forums I never been in. If I' am wrong let me know but if people think I' am trolling do you usualy get banned right away? Since if that's the case that's bad since I never meant to be one and I' am not trying to be one. All I know is that maybe my OCD or it could just be the way I' am and it might sound like a troll but this is really bad am I am sad that I sound like a bad person. Since then I can't ever really post without having people thinking I' am one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information