Linear Guy

Gallo Reference 3

I have owned a pair for about 4 months now. I would wery much like to hear from others who have them. They are the most interesting speakers I have ever owned but there is good and bad points as well.

Linear Guy

looking for specifically.......

Quote Originally Posted by daviethek
    I have owned a pair for about 4 months now. I would wery much like to hear from others who have them. They are the most interesting speakers I have ever owned but there is good and bad points as well.
    Since there are no responses I suppose I should state what I am looking for specifically.
    I am interested if anyone has had the incredibly long break in period I seem to have had. ( around 200 hours ) Also, have other owners experienced problems with cables. The speakers are so accurate that I practically had to audition a dozen or so cables before finding one where the vcal presentations and instruments were sufficiently organized and sepatrated. Also, has anyone purchased the supplemental Subwoofer amplifier and is in a position to compare it with using a traditional self amplified sub as I am . And finally, there are speaker stands available that raise the height of the unit approximately 8 inches. This seems to be a good idea for people who spend a lot of time standing in their listening room. The soundstage of the reference 3 is extremely wide laterally but vertically it is limited to the speaker size and does seem to require sitting down for good listening. I am not complaining about the speaker, just looking for some other points of view. Thanks.

Thread Information