Forum Regular

I love my new Mirage Omnisats!

After getting the B&W 603 floor standers nixed by the wife for taking up too much room, I picked up the Omnisats and a Velodyne DLS3750R 10" sub. I can't believe how great they sound in my family room! I just got them hooked up last night and at some point turned on "The Last Samurai" on HBO in 5.1. I was thrilled at the sound even at a lower level (It was about midnight). Today I put on some music - Al Jarreau, Chicago, Steely Dan - and everything sounds great! I was using the Bose Acoustimass 10 and I would have to say these Omnisats with the sub sound twice as good as the Bose. I then played the attack scene from the movie "Pearl Harbor" in DTS 5.1 and was blown away.
    I can't believe I fell for the marketing of the Bose name and didn't compare the sound 6 years ago when I bought them.
    The Omnisats sound very full and warm. Even at high levels they don't have that harsh sound that the Bose system has. I would highly recommend these speakers to anyone.
    I'm using the Yamaha RX-V750 receiver.
    The Omnisats usually run $249 each but, after getting the B&W 603s nixed and started looking at the Omnisats again, I saw Tweeter was having a 15% off sale online. I went to the local store and told them about the online special and they gave me everything 15% off including the Velodyne sub. So, I paid about $212 ea for the Omnisats and $425 for the sub instead of $499.
    By the way, after reading about the great speaker wire debate, I just bought a spool of Carol 14-ga. in-wall speaker wire from Home Depot for $84. I can't believe that more expensive cable would sound any better.
    I couldn't be more pleased with the whole system!
    George Stott

JSE
    Congrats! You have released yourself from Bose and can now enjoy sound you never thought possible with your old system.

JSE

Thread Information