AR Newbie Registered Member

B&O 2500 speakers

hello all . I have a question about the beo sound 2500. recently my beosound 2500 crapped out on me leaving me just the speakers. I was interested in using the speakers as monitors in my Mini Recording studio becase they sound so damn good. however, i ran into a problem trying to by pass the beosound centerpeice and just use the powered speakers. is there a way to bypass the the center peice and just use the speakers.?

would it be possible to aquire a male 10 pin din cable adapter to 1/4 in or xlr connection? so i can run thenm directly from My mixer?

can i simply bypass the center peice and use the speakers?

sorry for the repost just thought this was a higher traffic thread
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Turntable anorak!
    It's a bit tricky but do-able!
    The Beolab 2500's have B&O's Powerlink sockets which carry both channels' input signals, plus switching and status signals. It's easy enough to make up a lead to get the signal into the speakers, but you may well also need to rig up some sort of 5V or 12V supply to tell the speakers to switch on.
    Have a chat with your local B&O dealer or, failing that, speak to the fountain of all B&O knowledge in the US - Anthony Garza at www.beomuse.com. He should be able to help you out.

Adam.
    Never test the depth of water with both feet.

thank you!!

thank you kindly mr adam. you have been very helpfull. damn i have been serching high and low for about 1 month already and no one seems to know.

Exelent (as mr burns from the simpsons would say)

Lightbulb actually the trigger is < 2.5 v

Quote Originally Posted by Garrardman View Post
    It's a bit tricky but do-able!
    The Beolab 2500's have B&O's Powerlink sockets which carry both channels' input signals, plus switching and status signals. It's easy enough to make up a lead to get the signal into the speakers, but you may well also need to rig up some sort of 5V or 12V supply to tell the speakers to switch on.

Adam.
    I'm in your same Situation. What I've found out is that the 2500 are very sensitive to voltage input. I was trying to hook up a 5 volt through USB, but it didn't work well. I am now using 2 D Batteries with 3.2 volts and it works great. I ordered a 3 volt power supply from china and will be hooking that up to a switch and then to my speakers. You should be able to get a diagram of the pins. Since you are not using the data link pins 6 and 7 are not used. You must hook the + power to pin 4 which is the speaker turn on. The - neg of the power supply has to be grounded and the only way I have figured it out is to connect it to pin 2. Pin 2 is the neg for the speaker leads. The right speaker is pin 5 the left is pin 3. Right now I'm having problems with have my speakers in stereo. I think they are only MONO. This will at least get you to be able to power your speakers and hear them. Make sure you get a pin diagram. The pins are not in numerical order. I cut a B&O 5 pin speaker link cord in half and connected it to a 1/4 jack. The other problem is the input volume. You might need a line driver to get the volume out of the speakers you need. I think you could also use a voltage step down from 5v to 3v if you wanted to use a computer USB as a trigger. That's my next idea. Let me know if this helps or anyone that has an exact schematic on this cord.

Check the date of the thread-2004
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

I did after I posted. Seriously, have been looking for info on how to do this and this thread popped up. Was kind of posting to get some info myself. Thanks for being the date police and not giving me any advice. Forums are ****ing retarded and the people who live on them are old and dumb! So **** yourself BlackRaven. You don't even make enough money to live in Minneapolis so you have to live in **** Paul!

Ok simple minded. I was not trying to be mean. Every now and then some one makes a mistake and post's on an old thread. Most people here would tend to point that out.

FYI, I live in Woodbury and I won't tell you how much money I make as it would embarrass you more than you have done to yourself. Clearly you are insecure about where you live and how much you make.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by besimple1 View Post
    I did after I posted. Seriously, have been looking for info on how to do this and this thread popped up. Was kind of posting to get some info myself. Thanks for being the date police and not giving me any advice. Forums are ****ing retarded and the people who live on them are old and dumb! So **** yourself BlackRaven. You don't even make enough money to live in Minneapolis so you have to live in **** Paul!
    We sometimes point out the date due to the fact the original poster has probably moved on or at least the equipment has moved on. I know no harm was meant.

Now about your post; I do not like the use of the word retarded as it is hurtful to some. No need to hurl insults on your second post. Forums are only as good as it's contributing members and you have not elevated this forum by your response.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Thread Information