Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Don't feel bad. I was able to give greenies out to Feanor and PS. Now I can't give anymore out unless a new members comes along. I guess I could go back and give some out to long lost members who are no longer arround.
    That guy Woodman gave out some great advice. He's the reason I picked out the receiver I did. Too bad it looks like he's has moved on. Hope the rumours about his health were wrong.

Geez, couldn't even give any to Flo!
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    This is funny. We're all trying to do the same thing, and having the same results. BTW, I think Pix is the ONLY member here who's ever shown with a red chicklet under his usermane. That's just hilarious, and when you think about it, it can't be just a couple us beating on him, witnessed by the fact that we have to spread so many around before getting back to him.

I have no idea how many you have to spread around so PS & GM, I'll add an appropriate comment when I'm able to add to yours again.

Feanor, I'll add a greenie to yours too, but keep in mind this is really just for entertainment purposes. Know that your reputation is well established and those of us who know you will all agree you're an asset to the community. Thanks.

Thanks RnT. This is the post which earned me a red one. I also got a grey on for my review of the 805 on the same night at about the same time as the red one. There was nothing negative about either of those posts. I guess someones being a jerk

Thanks, Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    This is funny. We're all trying to do the same thing, and having the same results. ....

Feanor, I'll add a greenie to yours too, but keep in mind this is really just for entertainment purposes. Know that your reputation is well established and those of us who know you will all agree you're an asset to the community. Thanks.
    You're a good 'un yourself. For my part, I've got to watch the sarcasm and political opinion bashing. (It's sometime fun, though. My bad!!! )

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    Thanks RnT. This is the post which earned me a red one. I also got a grey on for my review of the 805 on the same night at about the same time as the red one. There was nothing negative about either of those posts. I guess someones being a jerk
    Well, considering that it's impossible to give out too much reputation to the same person in a short period of time, and you said that they were almost the same, that pretty much eliminates the possibility that it's ONE person doing it.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I have received my first two negative responses so my reputation has dropped. I feel so lucky.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.

I received a red one because I joked with someone who joked with me and I responded. The red came from someone who was not involved with the exchange which I find interesting. The other was from a thread I had started and in one of the posts asking a member about a related issue and another member gave me a negative rep. The nice thing is I am able to see who they are.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    Well, considering that it's impossible to give out too much reputation to the same person in a short period of time, and you said that they were almost the same, that pretty much eliminates the possibility that it's ONE person doing it.
    No way it's 2 different people. Maybe someone signs in under 2 names or something. 2 negatives on the same night(8/23/07), minutes apart, on a thread I started back in June. I don't think so.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I'd rep you all if I could just ever remember. Boo to the losers that negged LJ.
    I'm not a big fan of "rep" systems (to put it lightly)...One of my other hobbies takes me to a forum that uses them...it gets pretty ugly and very much a battle of who's clique is bigger and better.

Some people really pride themselves on their web ID's I guess. I don't feel a green bar validates what I say, I just hope peple will give me the time of day whatever my rep rating is.

Suspended
    I'll bet ya it's JRA playing games with us.

Suspended
    I got a red one for complimenting Bert on his new McIntosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by JM
    The nice thing is I am able to see who they are.
    How come I can't JM???

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    I'd rep you all if I could just ever remember. Boo to the losers that negged LJ.
    I'm not a big fan of "rep" systems (to put it lightly)...One of my other hobbies takes me to a forum that uses them...it gets pretty ugly and very much a battle of who's clique is bigger and better.

Some people really pride themselves on their web ID's I guess. I don't feel a green bar validates what I say, I just hope peple will give me the time of day whatever my rep rating is.
    I just don't get why someone would go through the trouble. Red just isn't my color. I may loose sleep over this, waking up all in a panic screaming nooooo it's not fair

Ya know, if I had no points at all, I wouldn't be to worried about it. Unless the person with the most points got a new car or something

OK enough joking around, I'm off to have another BEER

How come I can't JM???

that has to be the weirdest reputation point given till this point...

I didn't give you a red one, thats for sure...
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

How come I can't JM???

Because I am a mod.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Suspended
    But but but... but I used to! :cry:

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Okay, exactly how much of my reputation do I need to spread around before I can go back to the same person?

I wanted to give GMicheal a green chicklet to offset a random red one that he said he received. But I guess that I'd recently already given him a green one because the site won't let me give him another one until I spread my reputation around. So, I've been wandering around AR randomly handing out greeners to people that I don't even know trying to reach a point where I can then give a greener to GM.

Well, I've hit a dozen people so far (I think) and I still can't give GM any more points. What's a girl got to do to give a guy a reputation? And before your dirty little minds start to wander, you know exactly what I mean so keep your locker-room comments to yourselves

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Okay, exactly how much of my reputation do I need to spread around before I can go back to the same person?

I wanted to give GMicheal a green chicklet to offset a random red one that he said he received. But I guess that I'd recently already given him a green one because the site won't let me give him another one until I spread my reputation around. So, I've been wandering around AR randomly handing out greeners to people that I don't even know trying to reach a point where I can then give a greener to GM.

Well, I've hit a dozen people so far (I think) and I still can't give GM any more points. What's a girl got to do to give a guy a reputation? And before your dirty little minds start to wander, you know exactly what I mean so keep your locker-room comments to yourselves
    We all know that you worded this so that it would have two meanings. Personally, I thank you. And so does my imagination.

Thanks for trying so hard to give me another geenie. That means more to me than any color chicklet ever could.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I have not received mine yet. Hint, hint nudge,nudge.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    We all know that you worded this so that it would have two meanings. Personally, I thank you. And so does my imagination.
    I don't understand what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    I have not received mine yet. Hint, hint nudge,nudge.
    I don't know how I missed you! But, I just made up for it.

I don't understand what you mean.

I figured that you wouldn't know what I meant.

Suspended
    Did you give me one FA?

Anyway, I'm back to only one blue chicklett in my list so I'm starting to feel comfortable with myself again.
    Last edited by Rich-n-Texas; 08-30-2007 at 02:24 PM.

Well, it would seem that you need to spread your reputation around as much as you can and then it will let you go back and give it to the same person again. Also, if you try and give out too much the site will block you for 24 hours, so you have to be aware that you need to give out to a few people at a time. When someone gives you a red one that means that you hurt their feelings and I think it might take away some points, greeners are worth 3 points to your reputation, so try and get people to give you some good ones. The blue ones are if a person gives you something, but they haven't been around long enough to have any reputation to spread around, so they don't count against you either positively or negatively. I wish it would tell us how many points everyone has instead of just posting who is at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    I wish it would tell us how many points everyone has instead of just posting who is at the top.
    I'm perfectly happy with knowing that FA is right above me.

Hey guys, i'm joining the thread (hope you don't mind :P)

but someone tell me if awarding bad rep for stating your opinion on something that someone else doesn't like, and decides to blam you for it... is that wrong?

arg, stupid zune thread, if you're losing an argument, you don't have to give bad rep for it!

oh well...i wonder how much rep I have now?

oh WOW I have 15 now! w00! *celebrates with an icy brewski*

so I'm NOT a useless noob? yay.

Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information