Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    Dang, didn't know you were in. Go ahead and let the door hit you.jc
    ...what can you expect from someone who is too stupid to realize this ain't CARAudio Review.com and waits...and waits...and waits...

Blew his sub or somesuch...good, that's one less rolling boombox befouling the air...

jimHJJ(...it must be the warm winter, it's bringin' 'em out early...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Forum Regular
    I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if "jmilford" & "matsudaman" were the same person........how bout an ip check mods

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff
    I know, man. It's like we need a troll boot camp or something. Gotta get the standards up.

"Sir, GMichael, Sir! I will troll with more wit and creativity, Sir!"
    A troll camp? And I get to teach newbies how to be propper trolls? Cool, when do I start.

"Slouch down!" "No cruel relpies about people's mothers or other family members!"
    "You there in the corner!" "Let me hear you laugh." Not bad, but next time throw in a backhanded comment about sex.

I'll work on a program to whip these trolls into shape. Who wants to sign up first?
    I'll also need an assistant. Anyone interested?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by wayner86
    how bout an ip check mods
    Way different.

rw

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Stat
    Way different.

rw
    You mean this kind of rudness travels in packs? Sheeesh!
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Forum Regular
    well i was hoping for a reply, yes, i "checked my nieghboors", yes i am an adult. you all are the ones who get off on putting people down. all i did is agree with someone and that i was leaving. how good can a forum be if it treat nubes to your site like that. i do not know anything about matsudoman, except for his post. check whatever want. i asked what i thought would probably be a simple question for someone on here. and by my second post, honestly, i was hoping to bring attention to myself, and maybe someone would reply to my first question, but no. i got 40 something people to look at it but no, no answer. and bc a system is in a car, all of a sudden no one knows what to do? you put your self down there. but anyways, this IS NOT what i came here for. i didnt mean to start a fight, or join a fight or whatever.
    Last edited by jmilford; 02-08-2006 at 11:29 AM.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmilford
    well i was hoping for a reply, yes, i "checked my nieghboors", yes i am an adult. you all are the ones who get off on putting people down. all i did is agree with someone and that i was leaving. how good can a forum be if it treat nubes to your site like like that. i do not know anything about matsudoman, except for his post. check whatever want. i asked what i thought would probably be a simple for someone on here. and by my second post, honestly, i was hoping to bring attention to myself, and maybe someone would reply to my first question, but no. i got 40 something people to look at it but no, no answer.
    Ahhh, I see. You figured a well placed insult would encourage people to take a moment aside , search for all posts by jmilford, find the first post, read it, think about the voltage gain going to the sub that would kick on the amp, contemplate your problem, and compose an answer.

I think you need to reevaluate your approach. Perhaps an alternative would be to reply to your own first post with something like "bump" or "Can anyone help me please?" Maybe there's just 40 well meaning people who read your post and didn't have an answer. Rephrase that, 40 well meaning HOME audio people reading a HOME audio forum, who might not know or care much for CAR audio issues.

There's a metaphor about flies and honey vs. vinegar in there somewhere.

Still waiting on someone to sign up.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I just can't resist...

well i was hoping for a reply, yes, i "checked my nieghboors", yes i am an adult.
    Really? Withyour remark here you sure could have fooled me.

you all are the ones who get off on putting people down.
    Like, you didn;t ask for it? Riiiight.

all i did is agree with someone and that i was leaving.
    It ain't what ya say but how you say it. ...and you got what you asked for,

how good can a forum be if it treat nubes to your site like that.
    Now, if you had any idea what was going on instead of jumping on the badmouth bandwagon you would know, just like we all did, that this was not a newbie but a banned member trolling under another moniker simply to stir up trouble.

i do not know anything about matsudoman, except for his post.
    Reread above reply and you may want to wipe that egg off your face.

check whatever want. i asked what i thought would probably be a simple question for someone on here.
    Think, man! Do you see a lot of discussion about car audio here? No? Well then, why did you assume we would know. If it's that simple then Best Buy should be able to answer it.

and by my second post, honestly, i was hoping to bring attention to myself,
    ...and you succeeded beyond your wildest expectations, eh?

.. and maybe someone would reply to my first question,
    Assuming someone even knew what to tell you, why should anyone want to bother to reply to someonw whio just insulted us?
    ... but no. i got 40 something people to look at it but no, no answer.
    Morbid curiosity to see what kind of a question could set someone off like that. And, see previous posts for why no answers.

and bc a system is in a car, all of a sudden no one knows what to do?
    Ah, yep. there's a world of difference between hooking up a home theater system and a car audio system. You might want to remember that before asking people for help that MIGHT know what you obviously DON'T know. Insulting them is not a recommended way to coax answers out of people. Heck, even the dumbarse that started this thread knew that ..and he only just turned 17! He didn't start flinging explitives until AFTER he got his answers.

this IS NOT what i came here for. i didnt mean to start a fight, or join a fight or whatever.
    Again, you could have fooled me. You sure seemed willing to jump into the bottom of the dogpile.

Now, go find a nice CAR AUDIO site if you want answers. I think you've somewhat antagonized pretty much everyone here.
    Last edited by markw; 02-08-2006 at 12:54 PM.

*pokes head in*

Man...

Tough room.

*quietly closes door*

Aha! No, you want room 12A, next door.

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    *pokes head in*

Man...

Tough room.

*quietly closes door*
    http://www.davidpbrown.co.uk/jokes/m...arguement.html
    Last edited by markw; 02-08-2006 at 12:40 PM.

My lame reply

Musical Fidelity A3.2 Integrated amp
    Musical Fidelity A3.2 CD
    Teac DS-H01 Dock
    Energy 22 Reference Connoisseur Speakers
    Cardas Cross and Cardas Hexlink Golden 5C
    Tara Labs RSC Reference Gen2

Talking Rotflmao!!!

Oh man, that brings back memories!

Ahh...Good times!

Forum Regular
    i, apparently incorrectly, figured that car audio went under the catagory of AUDIOREVIEW. I DID NOT fling explitives, i didnt mention explitives. BEST BUY charges out the butt. as soon as i can figure out how to delete my name i will never come back, just to stop this rediculousness. i cant stand to stay on this website long enough to figure out how to do that. because of the numbers of members i am sure many of you are perfectly good people. i will not ever say anything else about this website to anyone. but *some of you need to take that chunk of coal out of your butt hole before you make a diamond.* i understand you all know WAY more than i about audio, except for in vehicles, but it wouldnt hurt to learn some other things. *CITE (i doubt its word for word but the coal comment is from FARRIS BEULLERS' DAY OFF)

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

O.K., someone's gotta go first

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    I just came back from Circuit City after having purchased the new Apogee Stages and hooked 'em up to my dad's Realistic receiver. We've had this amp in our family for three generations and it CRANKS dude so I know it can't be the fault of the amp--thirty watts of screaming power man! Anyways, I was all excited until I plugged everything up and it sounds like metal grating, y'know like an old fire escape. My question is "what's up?"
    I thought these things were supposed to be good but they SUCK!! Can anyone give me some helpful advise to get these things rockin' within the next twenty minutes?
    PS My dinosaur picture just fell off the wall. Could this have effected the sound of the Apogees?

Go easy on me G, its my first troll...

Oh, give it up dude.

i, apparently incorrectly, figured that car audio went under the catagory of AUDIOREVIEW.
    Oh? What other car audio posts did you see here? ...or did you just jump in and post without even checking out the neighborhood? A lot of newbies do that but few are so arrogant in trying to defend their actions like you are.

I DID NOT fling explitives, i didnt mention explitives.
    No, but openly agreeing with a guy that says "this site sucks" is essentially the same thing.

BEST BUY charges out the butt.
    Well, you paid Best Buy to put it in. They should be able to fix it. We didn't install it. Best Buy did.

as soon as i can figure out how to delete my name i will never come back, just to stop this rediculousness. i cant stand to stay on this website long enough to figure out how to do that.
    Just stop posting. Is that concept so beyond you?

because of the numbers of members i am sure many of you are perfectly good people.
    We are. But rude children and trolls sometimes slip in and, when they are discovered, this is the treatment they get.

i will not ever say anything else about this website to anyone.
    You don't have to. It did all right before you arrived and will continure to do so after you leave. In fact, probably better since the "gene pool" will be somewhat cleansed.

. but *some of you need to take that chunk of coal out of your butt hole before you make a diamond.*
    Now, now... If you did a little homework before jumping into the frey you might have known better. Don't blame others for your self created problems. That's not the way an adult handles life.

i understand you all know WAY more than i about audio, except for in vehicles, but it wouldnt hurt to learn some other things. *CITE (i doubt its word for word but the coal comment is from FARRIS BEULLERS' DAY OFF)
    So, you're saying we home aufio hobbiests should bone up on audio just so we could answer your question? Riiiiight.

Besides, there already IS a car audio forum which you seem to have overlooked. I take it you didn't notice (or even bother to look for) the link to "Car Audio" only a few lines below the forum where you posted your query? Now, tell me honestly, wouldn't most people with your problem post there?

"Hello, Mc Fly... *knock* *knock*... anybody home?"

Again, it pays to check the neighborhood and see what forums are available before simply entering and posting at the first convenient.

You were the one so ready, willing and able to jump on board with a "this site sucks" post without having ANY idea what you were talking about. Again, had you even bothered to peruse this site for a few minutes it, it would have been clear, at least to most sentient beings, that car audio is not a topic of discussion here. ....and then you get all huffy when nobody answers you.

You might benefit from this, which another member so kindly supplied for just these occasions:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

BTW, I thought you said you were leaving? I see you're a man of your word, too.
    Last edited by markw; 02-09-2006 at 05:55 AM.

some of you need to take that chunk of coal out of your butt hole before you make a diamond
    Ding ding ding. Now THAT'S funny! Don't remember that from the movie, but points for it.

Now stay calm and play nice.

Thanks for signing up. You are our first customer. No charge for the first lesson. Tell your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    I just came back from Circuit City
    Good start. Bringing up the CC name is always a great way to get people here on edge.

after having purchased the new Apogee Stages and hooked 'em up to my dad's Realistic receiver.
    Bravo! This shows that you've been reading up on your neighbors. I'm sure Flo will even agree that this is dang funny.

We've had this amp in our family for three generations and it CRANKS dude so I know it can't be the fault of the amp--thirty watts of screaming power man!
    Actually, 30 watts can sound very good. But points for the Realistic and effort.

Anyways, I was all excited until I plugged everything up and it sounds like metal grating, y'know like an old fire escape. My question is "what's up?"
    I thought these things were supposed to be good but they SUCK!!
    Good useage of the word SUCK.

Can anyone give me some helpful advise to get these things rockin' within the next twenty minutes?
    I get where you are going with this, but you shouldn't put this in the first post. Next time leave it out and after the 20 minutes is up, start a flame war.

PS My dinosaur picture just fell off the wall. Could this have effected the sound of the Apogees?
    Very nice! Someone's been doing their homework. Impressive.

Go easy on me G, its my first troll...
    I'll give you the pixy snot seal of approval. This was a very good first troll. I only have a couple of points:

You need more sex related punchlines. But they can't be straight up. You have to bring them in the back door so only others with your same sick sense of humour will understand.

You only posted the one time. You need to post repeaded stupid remarks in a short time frame to be a true troll. Throw in a few remarks about your cottonwood tree. Or ask us if you think your system sounds ok to us.

Keep up the good work. You are well on your way to getting the golden quicksilver award for trolling.

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

The problem these days...

...is that everyone wants it all...on a silver platter...yesterday.

I don't know if it's in the water...or a part of the media-produced penchant for the sound-bite mentality or simply an awful evolution of the more self-indulgent of the boomers, who have spawned genetically mutated progeny, whose predominant traits seem to be based in the tantrum/whine/everyone-gets-a-gold-star sense of ego.

In light of that, did you...jmilford, take the time to look at the various (and kindly take note of the proper nomenclature)forums contained on this site?

I don't think you did. You jmilford, just came here as a result of some vague and imprecise web search...BTW, was there a forum that bit the big one in particular...or is it the site in general you find so disenchanting?...strike one.

If you had the common sense to look beyond "General Audio" for something a bit more specific, jmilford, you might have run into the Home Theater forum...Even with optional DVD set-ups for the kiddie-winkies of the SUV/mini-van set, mobile HT seems a bit of a stretch, eh wot!...now to most folks who have a few brain cells cohabitating between their ears, this would be a strong indication to look beyond or even elsewhere...

Going beyond (forum-wise), jmilford, my argument becomes even more compelling. Favorite Films...Vintage Gear...Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore!...But, ho! What's this...a long and arduous stroll of a scroll away, look!...there it is!...the Holy Grail!...aka elsewhere! CAR AUDIO...All will be revealed...Why it's even a link!...requires but a keystroke...strike two...

So, for a brief recap (it's probably needed by now, esp. in light of the previously mentioned sound-bite bit)...you, jmilford, the lazy and imprecise slacker that all evidence indicates you are, go to an inappropriate site and post in an inapproprite forum...and wait...and wait...and wait...for a response to a question to which no one (a) has an answer (b) gives a r@ts @$$ or (c) all of the above. If you guessed C (and I can only assume guessing may be your forte)...you are correct! How refreshing...

Then you have the consumate gall to misinterpret the premise of an existing thread, concerning an equally numb-nutted dolt, and his assorted sock-puppets, and get p!$$ed at US...STEEE-rike three.

Are you sure, you jmilford, wouldn't like to reconsider your threat to leave?

jimHJJ(...although the first inclination is usually a good one...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Oooo Oooo me next, me next!!! OK:

Hi, I have three pairs of speakers for my house, which will sound best? I have Yamaha, Sony and Panasonic speakers, which on will give me the sound I'm looking for?

Also the Sony are towers, I like the sound of the Sony and Yamaha and Panasonic. Which one will sound best and give me more bass?

Also I have a JVC and Panasonic AVR. Which will sound best to me with what speaker? I need help choosing what sounds good to me.

Perhaps I will replace with Bose 321. Will that sound better? What if I replace the Sony tweeter and woofer for Yamaha. Will that make the sound I want. I need help!

Well, how did I do?

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    Oooo Oooo me next, me next!!! OK:

Hi, I have three pairs of speakers for my house, which will sound best? I have Yamaha, Sony and Panasonic speakers, which on will give me the sound I'm looking for?

Also the Sony are towers, I like the sound of the Sony and Yamaha and Panasonic. Which one will sound best and give me more bass?

Also I have a JVC and Panasonic AVR. Which will sound best to me with what speaker? I need help choosing what sounds good to me.

Perhaps I will replace with Bose 321. Will that sound better? What if I replace the Sony tweeter and woofer for Yamaha. Will that make the sound I want. I need help!

Well, how did I do?
    I don't think that this was your best effort. Points for trying but I think that you are copying another member's style. Try to come up with your own way of trolling. Put yourself into the role. Be the troll.
    If you insist on copying this style, don't leave out the used panties in the mail part.

I don't mean to be so hard on you, but I know that you have more potential than you have shown here.

I don't think that this was your best effort. Points for trying but I think that you are copying another member's style. Try to come up with your own way of trolling. Put yourself into the role. Be the troll.
    If you insist on copying this style, don't leave out the used panties in the mail part.

I don't mean to be so hard on you, but I know that you have more potential than you have shown here.
    (LJ lowers head and walks out of room)

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    (LJ lowers head and walks out of room)
    Don't give up so easy. I have big plans for you to take over my class when I retire. Try again. Put your heart into it this time.

What's the best receiver?

and while you're at it, what's the best speaker?

What??? No response???

This forum sucks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information