Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by markw
    This forum sucks!
    Bravo!

A distinct lack of effort followed by a generalizing, derogatory comment. You sir sound like a troll from way back. And you managed to pull it off without even a hint of trying. The hidden anger issue was a nice touch.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

OK, one more try.....

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Don't give up so easy. I have big plans for you to take over my class when I retire. Try again. Put your heart into it this time.
    Thread title: Bose is the best!

I just purchased a Bose 321 system and Im convinced you people here do not know what you're talking about. I read all the old posts here on Bose and you guys have no clue about quality sound!! Hands down, my Bose system will outperform any of your systems on anyday. I will go as far as saying that this system will outperform those costing 4 to 5 times as much! Bose is the best out there. If you all had any clue you would you would sell your sorry systems of big boxes and cluttered wires and join the Bose revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    Thread title: Bose is the best!

I just purchased a Bose 321 system and Im convinced you people here do not know what you're talking about. I read all the old posts here on Bose and you guys have no clue about quality sound!! Hands down, my Bose system will outperform any of your systems on anyday. I will go as far as saying that this system will outperform those costing 4 to 5 times as much! Bose is the best out there. If you all had any clue you would you would sell your sorry systems of big boxes and cluttered wires and join the Bose revolution.
    Hmmm... back to basics on this one. The classic Bose thread. Very nice. This way, you know that someone will use the word "sucks" for you. You don't have to say it yourself. You may make it yet. You even worked in "big boxes." I assume that this was your attempt to play the sex angle. Very subtle.

I looked over your first try and feel that I was a little hard on you. Sorry for that. It was a good effort. But I was expecting spectacular from you.

Keep up the good work.

Your homework assignment will be to re-read the cottonwood thread and paraphrase it for the class.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Your homework assignment will be to re-read the cottonwood thread and paraphrase it for the class.
    Oh, no you dont! I'm not reading that again. I'm still trying to recovery from the first time I read that thread.

Oh, no you dont! I'm not reading that again. I'm still trying to recovery from the first time I read that thread.
    Be strong. Or at least lie to me. Say you re-read it, and go from the imprint you can't get off your brain. I'm sure it was burned in deap.

Be strong. Or at least lie to me. Say you re-read it, and go from the imprint you can't get off your brain. I'm sure it was burned in deap.
    I couldnt explain that thread if I wanted to. There are no words. But you, I'm sure you can do it; no problem.

I couldnt explain that thread if I wanted to. There are no words. But you, I'm sure you can do it; no problem.
    OK, let me try:

Q: I have three pair of speakers: which ones sound the best to you.
    A: How can we tell? You're in the room with them. How do they sound to you?
    Q: Pair A goes up to 20k but pair B goes down to 35 -80db and pair C goes down on me.
    A: Those are all computer speaker. Why not sell them and get a real set.
    Q: They aren't speakers! They are monitors and therefore much better than anything else known to man.
    A: I have 3 cheeseburgers. Which one tastes the best to you? See how silly that sounds?
    Q: You're making me mad. Don't pick on me for being gay.
    A: Gay? huh? who cares? We can't tell you which speaker you have sounds best from here. Try moving them around the room if you don't like how they sound.
    Q: Here are pictures of my room. Where should I put my speakers.
    A: Can't tell from pictures. Can you draw the layout of your room for us? We'll try to help.
    Q: Here are more pictures of my room.
    A: Pictures won't do it. We need.. uh.. is that a picture of a guy pulling his wancker on your wall?
    Q: yes, he's my dream boy. But I have a real boy toy. We've never met though. We've been writing for 2 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, 7 hours and 23 minutes. I met him on a gay website. We love eachother very much. He says he's going to drive out here to see me in 6 months and 3 days for my 18th birthday so we can have sex. I hope he can make it this time. The last 7 & half times he tried to drive out something happened that he couldn't make it. Last time the wind was blowing too hard for him to make the trip. But I know he loves me. He mails me his underware for me to keep under my pillow.
    A: uh... uh....
    Q: Who can help me pick which speaker to use?
    A: uh.. uh...
    A: Is that a cat's litter box in your bedroom?
    Q: Yes. I have a baby cottonwood tree too. He's a picture.
    A: uh... uh...
    A: here's how you should place your speakers.
    Q: Can't do it that way. My cottonwood tree needs light.
    A: OK, try this.
    Q: Can't
    A: just do it!
    Q: nope
    A: Arrrrrrrrrrrg!
    A: Every day I die a little inside.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    OK, let me try:

Q: Pair A goes up to 20k but pair B goes down to 35 -80db and pair C goes down on me.
    Q: They aren't speakers! They are monitors and therefore much better than anything else known to man.
    A: I have 3 cheeseburgers. Which one tastes the best to you? See how silly that sounds?
    A: Gay? huh? who cares? We can't tell you which speaker you have sounds best from here. Try moving them around the room if you don't like how they sound.
    A: Can't tell from pictures. Can you draw the layout of your room for us? We'll try to help.
    A: Pictures won't do it. We need.. uh.. is that a picture of a guy pulling his wancker on your wall?
    Q: yes, he's my dream boy. But I have a real boy toy. We've never met though. We've been writing for 2 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, 7 hours and 23 minutes. I met him on a gay website. We love eachother very much. He says he's going to drive out here to see me in 6 months and 3 days for my 18th birthday so we can have sex. I hope he can make it this time. The last 7 & half times he tried to drive out something happened that he couldn't make it. Last time the wind was blowing too hard for him to make the trip. But I know he loves me. He mails me his underware for me to keep under my pillow.
    Water, water, I can't breathe, I am dying inside(and outside for that matter) I have gay speakers and that makes me mad, call Dr Phil.....
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Damn You!!!

OK, let me try:

You made me spit coffee all over my monitor and keyboard!

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    *pokes head in*

Man...

Tough room.

*quietly closes door*

rw

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    OK, let me try:

Ow. My ribs hurt! Please stop!

p.s. I checked today. Still no roadtrip to visit the possibly cheating, diabetic, paranoid, PMSing, ADHD, love of his life with conjestive heart failure.
    Last edited by noddin0ff; 02-09-2006 at 12:50 PM.

Geez GM, thanks for bringing back those memories I was trying to forget. I didn't think you'd actually do it. Man, I gotta call my therapist now.

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff
    Ow. My ribs hurt! Please stop!

p.s. I checked today. Still no roadtrip to visit the possibly cheating, diabetic, paranoid, PMSing, ADHD, love of his life with conjestive heart failure.
    Oh no. You didn't really go back and re-read that one did you? Argh...

Quote Originally Posted by markw
    You made me spit coffee all over my monitor and keyboard!
    Kitty litter will soak that right up for you.

Geez GM, thanks for bringing back those memories I was trying to forget. I didn't think you'd actually do it. Man, I gotta call my therapist now.
    Hello therapist? Can we talk? Not sure where to start but... once there was this forum.....This one guy... and then he said.....can you .... help me....

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

missed opportunities

GMichael,
    Thanks for your thoughtful critique...if only all trolling instructors were as dedicated.
    I readily admit to having blown the landing on that one. Note to self: wait a few minutes and repost.Got it.
    In my own defense, I have spent the last seventeen and a half hours trying to get the damn dinosaur picture back on the wall. I'm using two inch drywall screws and my neighbors seem to lack a certain sense of civic duty. It's been impossible to find anyone to turn the ladder.
    I'm concerned about the screws. Are two inch drywall screws too short. But, if I go with three and a half inch screws couldn't that compromise the structural integrity of the wall?
    I see it now, refractory bass frequencies all over the place...Aaaaaahhhh!!!!! Maybe I'll just go with a dinosaur fresco and avoid the whole screw thing.
    Anyway, thanks again. I have committed myself to getting this troll thing right(everyone's gotta have a niche). I promise to be the first one to suggest $800 cables the next time a poster asks for replacement bookshelf speakers.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    OK, let me try:

LMAO but feeling a little guilty because his cat just died.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    GMichael,
    Thanks for your thoughtful critique...if only all trolling instructors were as dedicated.
    I readily admit to having blown the landing on that one. Note to self: wait a few minutes and repost.Got it.
    In my own defense, I have spent the last seventeen and a half hours trying to get the damn dinosaur picture back on the wall. I'm using two inch drywall screws and my neighbors seem to lack a certain sense of civic duty. It's been impossible to find anyone to turn the ladder.
    I'm concerned about the screws. Are two inch drywall screws too short. But, if I go with three and a half inch screws couldn't that compromise the structural integrity of the wall?
    I see it now, refractory bass frequencies all over the place...Aaaaaahhhh!!!!! Maybe I'll just go with a dinosaur fresco and avoid the whole screw thing.
    Anyway, thanks again. I have committed myself to getting this troll thing right(everyone's gotta have a niche). I promise to be the first one to suggest $800 cables the next time a poster asks for replacement bookshelf speakers.
    Fantastic! Keep up the great work. You are a very fast learner. I will have pictures of you on top of a spinning ladder all evening.
    Nice touch with the "whole screw thing."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    LMAO but feeling a little guilty because his cat just died.
    Now that is sad. I am a cat lover myself and know the feeling.

Have you been visiting his site? Is that where you, noddinoff and bobsticks have been getting your info from?
    I joined his site but never kept the address. Can you post it?

Forum Regular
    markw and gmichael, you guys crack me up. i mean i am seriously laughing when i read the all hypocrisy. i think i may stay just to play along. its getting to be fun.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Now that is sad. I am a cat lover myself and know the feeling.

Have you been visiting his site? Is that where you, noddinoff and bobsticks have been getting your info from?
    I joined his site but never kept the address. Can you post it?
    No, I checked out some old threads. See, when I joined on I had about a thousand different questions. Instead of hitting you guys up with all of them at the same time( and expecting instantaneous responses) I did a little research. Novel idea,eh?

Quote Originally Posted by jmilford
    markw and gmichael, you guys crack me up. i mean i am seriously laughing when i read the all hypocrisy. i think i may stay just to play along. its getting to be fun.
    I think I was just insulted. But hey, as long as it's in good fun. Stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    No, I checked out some old threads. See, when I joined on I had about a thousand different questions. Instead of hitting you guys up with all of them at the same time( and expecting instantaneous responses) I did a little research. Novel idea,eh?
    Research? What's that?

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Er, um...excuse me?...

...kindly elaborate on the underlined...

And while you're at it, why not respond to this:

http://forums.audioreview.com/showth...28678#poststop...

I tried to make it easy for you, but it seems to be takin' a long time to link and load...so try post #44.

One could easily characterize your behavior in some manner...let's say less-than-intelligent, but at least we have facts (your actions) to support such a contention...re: the above request, put up or shut up. Or is it simply you don't know the difference between hypocrisy and sarcasm.

jimHJJ(...thank you...)
    Last edited by Resident Loser; 02-10-2006 at 01:13 PM. Reason: spelling, what else?
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

I'll take the high road and assume you aren't being sarcastic for now, but...

...please point why you feel we are hypocrites? Are you really sure you know the meaning? ...or is it the multi-layered flow of this thread that preplexes you?

I must say though, that should you choose to remain and become a valuable* member of this fourm, you've got guts after the drubbing you (asked for and) received.

There are a very few that are not, but they generally have the sense to quickly leave. ...or they are forced out. Ask Dmax.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information