Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    But Journey? Finch...c'mon, you're hurtin' me now.
    Why? Have you actually heard their first three discs?

This was back in '75, '76, '77, when I was just out of high school. Ansley Dunbar on drums, man.

They rocked and progged.

fp

You're hurting him worse.

Relent.

Cease.

It's hard to miss the Monkees when they've been touring since 1986, but I miss the band that made music like Head, that's for sure.

I don't like others.

Quote Originally Posted by MindGoneHaywire
    You're hurting him worse.

Relent.

Cease.

It's hard to miss the Monkees when they've been touring since 1986, but I miss the band that made music like Head, that's for sure.
    Ok, I get it- Monkees cool, Journey, not.

He busys balls more than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues
    Yaz don't think I was serious do you? Shows what I know 'bout the MONKEES too. Or is it "also"?
    And I know it's busies Finch...before you jump all over that one. BWAHAHAHAHA.

Swish - Ball Busier
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

I just posted something about missing Pavement...

...and go no replies. It's been nearly 10 years but doesn't seem that long.

Add to that...

Beulah
    Luna
    Grandaddy
    The Feelies
    The Talking Heads
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

I miss Blur.

The real Blur, not the Damon Albarn Experience of recent years.

OK, Off the top of my head;

Savoy Brown (Foghat)

Grand Funk

Vanilla Fudge

Wishbone Ash

Ten Years After
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    It's "as well" LDB.

Gee, thanks Moneybags.

Suspended
    KNOCK IT OFF!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    KNOCK IT OFF!
    Firebird, B&W's, Harmony 880...You ain't po'boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Ok, I get it- Monkees cool, Journey, not.

You misunderstand greatly! Ya ain't gonna get me into that BS. I was speaking only of the duress caused to nobody.

After all, when nobody suffers, we all suffer.

I don't like others.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Why? Have you actually heard their first three discs?

This was back in '75, '76, '77, when I was just out of high school. Ansley Dunbar on drums, man.

They rocked and progged.

fp
    I'm just playin' with ya.

Totally disagree with ya...but hey, to each his own with these things.

Oh...and even when I disagree with whatever, I actually like that I'm seeing some new opinions tossed around here lately. Preaching to the choir is no fun. And next time I listen to something I had previously ignored and end up liking it sure won't be the first time or the last.

Just not Journey...god those guys suck.

I've delved into Can & Hawkwind. I know they're supposed to be 'cooler' than Journey, at least in the minds of some hipster who at this very moment is likely drooling with glee at finding a one-of-a-kind vinyl edition of a justifiably obscure import of a record based on the concept of making a concept album, that's the color of a peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich & shaped like a horseshoe with a fork in it. That he'll never actually play but will write about ceaselessly since it's been an unspeakably desirable slab o' wax amongst collector scum for many moons.

I'm digging the Hawkwind, but love the Can. Journey? If Finch likes 'em, then they're cool. Period. I just wish he would stop hurting everyone he comes into contact with.

I don't like others.

I'm very delicate. He should know that.

I tried out Hawkwind because Lemmy was in 'em, but it didn't really stick much for me.

Can I enjoy in certain situations, but not a group I crave regular exposure to.

Forum Regular
    What band do I miss? Flook. I hear they're breaking up. (Who are they? I hear you ask.)
    All we are saying, is give peas a chance.

I saw Journey with the new singer this past summer, preceded by Heart and Cheap Trick. It was a good time to be had by all. To quote my brother, Arnel "sounds more like Steve Perry than Steve Perry sounds like Steve Perry."

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    I saw Journey with the new singer this past summer, preceded by Heart and Cheap Trick. It was a good time to be had by all. To quote my brother, Arnel "sounds more like Steve Perry than Steve Perry sounds like Steve Perry."
    One thing that Journey is very good at is finding Steve Perry clones. We saw them a few years back when Steve Augeri was fronting them...another Steve Perry clone. Judging by the crowd's reaction, I'm willing to bet that there were a lot of people there who didn't even know that it was a different singer.

Sounds like when I saw Dee Dee Ramone and the Chinese Dragons. He had found a guy who played guitar and traded vocals with him that looked exactly like Joey Ramone...which I cannot imagine was easy to dredge up.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    Oh...and even when I disagree with whatever, I actually like that I'm seeing some new opinions tossed around here lately. Preaching to the choir is no fun. And next time I listen to something I had previously ignored and end up liking it sure won't be the first time or the last.

Just not Journey...god those guys suck.
    Ok, ok!

Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    Cheap Trick is still playing together? Geesh. I saw them in the 70's. Does the one guy still wear sneakers and run around the stage like a complete loon?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    That's Ricky Nelson, IIRC. A similar concert line-up happened 2 or 3 years ago at the Camden (N.J.) waterfront that my brother went to see. Cheap Trick was the headliner IIRC2.

Lots of bands that I miss from their peak period, harder to think of bands that ended while still vibrant, leaving me wanting more. Bands like Joy Division, or the Zombies, or the Sex Pistols. The usual slow decline spoils it for many, then they keep coming back for the "final" tour, just one more reunion. I'd love to hear a new record by The Glands, like Mark mentioned. REM may have the masses and a key to the RnR Hall of Fame, but The Glands was the best record to ever come out of Athens. I used to miss Buffalo Springfield a lot. Wish they could've worked closer together for one more record, or even just one record since the second one really wasn't much of a band effort either, and whoever kludged together the third one after they broke up wasn't interested in their legacy. Love that second record. I miss Laika, but actually just checked up on them a few days ago and Margaret says they have about half an album recorded, though Guy has been working on a bunch of other stuff, and she's been touring with Wire as their live guitarist the last year, so gonna be awhile before they finish it. I miss Three Mile Pilot, Chief Assassin to the Sinister is still a big favorite, but they have a new record coming out this year after a long, long time, so can't miss them for much longer. And BHP, Pinback, and the other offshoots are still putting out records, even though they don't really quite sound like TMP (who I just read are doing a couple shows down in San Diego next week). I miss T. Rex, and Mott the Hoople too, they are both always stuck together in my mind, along with Bowie, because of that great line in All the Young Dudes

sidenote - I was just recently reading a little article about All the Young Dudes, such a great song, but didn't know the full story, only that Bowie had given it to them because he wanted to help them out. Didn't realize they had already called it quits at the time, or that he actually stole the song from his own forthcoming Ziggy and completed it for them. Cool story (at Blender, of all places)...

http://www.blender.com/guide/articles.aspx?id=1059

Journey

I must agree about the first 3 Journey albums, totally different band than the Steve Perry era. Give them a listen and you might be surprised. You wouldn't know it was Journey.

Quote Originally Posted by flippo
    I must agree about the first 3 Journey albums, totally different band than the Steve Perry era. Give them a listen and you might be surprised. You wouldn't know it was Journey.
    Wouldn't I be able to tell from the label on the CD?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information