DPM

Thank you my fellow music lovers.

Without your guidance, I would have never discovered and purchased the music of the following bands:

1) Arena--Contagion, Immortal?
    2) After Crying--Overground Music, Show
    3) Alamaailman Vasarat--Vasaraasia, Kaarmelautakunta
    4) Anekdoten--Vemod, Nucleus, From Within, Gravity
    5) Anglagard--Hybris, Epilogue
    6) Ars Nova--Android Domina
    7) Banco Del Mutuo Socorso--Live In Mexico City
    8) Djam Karet--The Ritual Continues, Reflections From The Firepool, Burning The Hard City, Suspension And Displacement, The Devouring, New Dark Age, Ascension, A Night For Baku
    9) Echolyn--Suffocating The Bloom, As The World, Cowboy Poems Free, Mei, Stars And Gardens (DVD)
    10) Hoyry-Kone--Huono Parturi
    11) Isildurs Bane--Mind Vol. One, Mind Vol. Two, Mind Vol. Three
    12) Izz--I Move
    13) Landberk--Indian Summer
    14) Magus--Echoes From The Millenium
    15) Nathan Mahl--Heretik Vol. Three: The Sentence
    16) Moonlight-Yaishi
    17) Mostly Autumn--The Last Bright Light
    18) No Man--Heaven Taste
    19) Opeth--Blackwater Park, Damnation, Deliverance
    20) Paranoise--Private Power
    21) Porcupine Tree--On The Sunday Of Life, Voyage 34, Up The Downstair, The Sky Moves Sideways, Signify, Stupid Dream, Lightbulb Sun, In Absentia, Recordings, Coma Devine
    22) Sigur Ros--()
    23) Sleepytime Gorilla Museum--Grand Opening And Closing, Of Natural History
    24) Spock's Beard--The Light, Beware Of Darkness, The Kindness Of Strangers, Day For Night, V, Snow, Feel Euphoria
    25) Univers Zero--Heatwave, Rhythmix
    26) White Willow--Ignis Fatuus, Ex Tenebris, Sacrement, Storm Season
    27) Yokeshire--Masque Of Shadows

To my Rave Recordings compatriots: thank you for spreading the word. You've enriched my life (not to mention the wallets of those listed above).

To Crux: I promise to never spread the word again. Also, I promise you I'll never buy another Arena CD.

DM

I just think it is fair to note that I had absolutely nothing to do with any of the above
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

I'm with you

Quote Originally Posted by DPM
    Without your guidance, I would have never discovered and purchased the music of the following bands:

To my Rave Recordings compatriots: thank you for spreading the word. You've enriched my life (not to mention the wallets of those listed above).

To Crux: I promise to never spread the word again. Also, I promise you I'll never buy another Arena CD.

DM

It's not people like us that the record companies are worried about, although they will apply their hammer haphazardly because of their ignorance and inability to cope with a changing marketplace.

They're after internet downloaders, for the most part. But I contend that they haven't really lost any money because none of those people (call them theives or not) would have paid for any of that music, or at least very little of it. Britney Spears still sells millions of CDs because when it comes to music that people actually want, the still want the CD, not just the music.

I can't think of too many businesses that try to sell you something (a CD) without letting you listen to it first, and then refuse to take it back when it's not what you wanted. The industry has to figure out a better model. The Internet is going to put old-style record companies out of business because their model is anti-consumer. I like the Apple model: sample the song, and then buy just the song if you like it, at a price that is affordable. And the artists rights are respected.
    "A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission" - Rush

Suspended

there are a few

Quote Originally Posted by BarryL

I can't think of too many businesses that try to sell you something (a CD) without letting you listen to it first, and then refuse to take it back when it's not what you wanted.
    Two I can think of are a house and a car.

Did you ever get that disk from sis?

Benoit/Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    Two I can think of are a house and a car.

Did you ever get that disk from sis?

A house is open to inspection, and you can negotiate the price based on what you find.

Depending on where you buy a car, you can at least take it for a test drive and have it instpected by a mechanic. Unless you buy it on eBay.

Don't know what you're talking about, so I'll say no. But I did get some accoustic disks to her that you had sent to me. I think it was Accoustic Alchemy and that guy named Chiquito or something like that (did an album with Russ Freeman).

BTW, there is a recent second Benoit/Freeman CD. Have you heard it? I really liked the first one.

I was probably less help than ol' Slosh, still, it's nice to know that we can all hit the jackpot here even though we have such varied interests. Long live RR.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Tears For Fears Opinion, JC?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    I was probably less help than ol' Slosh, still, it's nice to know that we can all hit the jackpot here even though we have such varied interests. Long live RR.

jc
    I know you're a fan of Tears For Fears. Do you have an opinion on their latest album.

I thought it was a good piece of work with friendly Beatlesque pop tunes, and not a slacker song on the disk. I was hoping for something a little less sweet, but I wasn't disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryL
    I know you're a fan of Tears For Fears. Do you have an opinion on their latest album.

I thought it was a good piece of work with friendly Beatlesque pop tunes, and not a slacker song on the disk. I was hoping for something a little less sweet, but I wasn't disappointed.
    Streamed it from a site way before the official release and it didn't impress me in the least. Could be a crappy stream or the fact that it was the first "spin". Might be the Boston Accoustic speakers on my PC. But the fact is that I wasn't thrilled and even posted on it some time ago. Very sad given my love for pretty much all things T4F's. And yet, here's you and I recall PPG relating pleasant things about this CD. My response has been to wait it out at the used bins and no jackpot so far. To be honest, I figured the bins would be overflowing with copies by now. I'm prepared to accept that my initial impressions may be wrong.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Forum Regular
    Do any of you guys ever go to www.progressiveears.com?

If you REALLY want to be overwhelmed with the obscure stuff, it's a good discussion forum to get recommendations.

Thread Information