Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Regular
    Just got back from a 3 week holiday with the family so only spent a bit of time listening to music whilst driving around but that included various comps of my own and some albums by The Killers, Bloc Party, Kaiserchiefs, Coldplay and the latest Super Furry Animals.

But when I got back home there waiting for me was a nice little package from Dave with his latest comp along with the Animals That Swim comp and another. Now I'm just starting to listen to your latest comp Dave but I'm blown away by Animals That Swim.

Never heard of them before and they have a UK connection but another band that slipped under my woeful radar. Cheers Dave much appreciated.

Mike

This Week

Aether - Inner Voyages Between Our Shadows (Great 70s style prog, reminds me of an updated version of Mainhorse)

Roine Stolte - Hydrophonia (His second solo album. A lot of the themes on this instrumental CD have shown up on various FK albums)

David Pack - The Secret of Movin' On (New one from former Ambrosia member)

Yes - Close to The Edge (They don't make them as beautiful as this anymore.)

Suspended

You got that right

Quote Originally Posted by BarryL

Yes - Close to The Edge (They don't make them as beautiful as this anymore.)
    That and Soon Oh Soon...the end of Relayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    ...but I'm blown away by Animals That Swim.

Never heard of them before and they have a UK connection but another band that slipped under my woeful radar. Cheers Dave much appreciated.

Mike
    Glad to be of service. You've turned me on to so much cool stuff in recent months that I'm glad to be able to give something back that has some sticking power. Funny about those Animals That Swim, as a comp trader you'd think you'd have learned your lesson by now when it comes to proclaiming to have never heard a certain band, cause someone'll always turn up and point to a past comp that they sent you. I've learned my lesson, for sure, but I still do it anyway. And I always get bit on the ass

My records show that this one went out to about 13 of you ingrates, one that used to go by the name of Mike and lived in the UK. Wonder if there's any connection. Or maybe just a mistake in my bookeeping. Hehehe, except for the cover, it wasn't one of my more successful comps

You guys sure seem to get a lot of vacation time over in Europe. I'm thinking maybe I should be living (or at least on a long vacation) over there. Of course, you do get skewered on a few of life's other pleasures, but I guess it all works out.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I was 16 in '82. That was a fun year! Maybe that's one of the reasons that I like that Asia disk so much....lot's of great memories associated with it.
    [delurk]I didn't like it then.[/delurk]
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Forum Regular

Talking Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Funny about those Animals That Swim, as a comp trader you'd think you'd have learned your lesson by now when it comes to proclaiming to have never heard a certain band, cause someone'll always turn up and point to a past comp that they sent you.
    Ah yes you got me there....your bookeeping is meticulous, haven't played that one in a while or maybe I was distracted by the cover. The Silver Jews I seem to remember grabbed me on that one.

Cheers
    Mike

...your bookeeping is meticulous
    Only my past bookeeping. Don't have a clue who gets what anymore, just send em out and forget about em. But I used to keep a file back in the old days. Even tried to keep track of all the comps I got too. At least for the first few hundred. Boy, that sure was hard to remember to update all the time when they were coming in fast and furious. Wouldn't be that much trouble anymore. Still get to hear a bunch of cool stuff between you and Sloshy and Jar and Whooptee and tentoze and all the rest of the gang still putting out the occasional comps. I do still try to keep track of all the CDs I get, and whether new or used or CDR copy, with the recent acquisition section at the end of my wishlist, although I don't add many things to the wishlist part of it anymore.

Forum Regular

Talking Your wishlist

I do still try to keep track of all the CDs I get, and whether new or used or CDR copy, with the recent acquisition section at the end of my wishlist, although I don't add many things to the wishlist part of it anymore.
    I keep your wishlist bookmarked and often look in on your mini reviews and recent acquisitions, it's a nice little site which keeps us uncool chaps still hooked up with your world.

Cheers
    Mike

I keep your wishlist bookmarked and often look in on your mini reviews and recent acquisitions, it's a nice little site which keeps us uncool chaps still hooked up with your world.
    My world, yeah that's the place to be. Spinning backwards. Hehehe, I haven't put up any new reviews in quite a while, and it seems most of the new stuff I've heard has come from you. Oh well, someone else was just asking me when I was gonna do some new reviews. Only 3 releases from 2005 up there, although I did do a few older ones not too long ago.

Hey, was listening some to that Mountain Goats CD this weekend and that's pretty fun. Also really like that Editors, but it hasn't quite gotten to the point where it sounds very distinctive yet. Good band, even if that sound is getting close to the saturation point for me right now. Do you know the UK band Miracle Mile? They have a new one coming out soon that should be really nice. Looking forward to it but don't know if it'll get a US release or not. They've only been sporadically available over here, kind of like the Animals That Swim and Shack and some of the other good English pop bands of the last decade.

. . . kind of like . . .Shack . . ..
    I spun this over the weekend and so far like it quite a lot. Reminds me of Ocean Blue a bit, with a splash of Brit pop thrown in. Thanks.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information