Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My new ride

Smile My new ride

Mine looks like this except it's blue. Not built yet but is the first in line when they start production of the R/T 6-speed cars. Easiest car I ever ordered. Just getting the R/T model with the manual trans got me all of the options I wanted (345cu. in./375 HP Hemi and Track Pak being the most important). Significantly bigger car than my friend's 2006 Mustang GT 5-speed but those extra 75 ponies along with 404 lb-ft of torque should offset the additional weight (and then some )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new ride-2009-challenger-rt.jpg  
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Forum Regular
    You son of a.......

congrats man, sweet ride!

Hey, check out at my rear!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new ride-2009-challenger-rt-rear-view.jpg  
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    My old man has a 1970 Hemi Challenger which kinda looks like an aweful lot like your new ride, Slosh-man.

Sweet!

Do me a favor...everytime you see a Honda Civic with painted brake calipers, an oversized muffler, goofy big spoilers, or LED anything, teach'em all about cubic displacement.

S-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o... j-e-a-l-o-u-s-!

C-a-n-'-t... s-p-e-a-k... r-i-g-h-t-!

WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Do me a favor...everytime you see a Honda Civic with painted brake calipers, an oversized muffler, goofy big spoilers, or LED anything, teach'em all about cubic displacement.
    I do that almost daily Kex. I'll dedicate my next kill to you, how's that sound.

"There's no replacement for displacement".

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    That's a sexy car!

Suspended
    Slosh, how much does the R/T package add to the price of the Challenger? Is your out-the-door more or less than $30K if you don''t mind me asking?

"Track Pak"...Drag strip Track Pak? Will you be dyno-tuning it after break-in? I'd love to see the real HP/Tq numbers.

Congrats on your upcoming new toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Slosh, how much does the R/T package add to the price of the Challenger? Is your out-the-door more or less than $30K if you don''t mind me asking?

"Track Pak"...Drag strip Track Pak? Will you be dyno-tuning it after break-in? I'd love to see the real HP/Tq numbers.

Congrats on your upcoming new toy.
    Base price for the R/T is $30,000 for auto, $31,000 for manual (same trans as Viper but with revised ratios). Track Pak is standard on 6-speed cars and includes 3.73 limited slip diff w/18" wheels (3.92 w/20" wheels), suspension upgrades, variable displacement power steering pump, ABS, the ability to turn ESP off, dual low-restriction exhaust resonators instead of the mufflers that the automatic cars use, and a few other minor things. Horsepower is rated at 375 but the same engine in the 2009 Ram is rated at 390 with 89 vs. 91 octane fuel and probably no dual exhaust so they're likely playing a numbers game there. Out the door w/tax and tags I'm paying $33,000.

I have no idea what the base model cost 'cause I have no interest in a V6 4-speed auto car.
    Last edited by Slosh; 09-05-2008 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    That's a sexy car!
    Yeah, I needed something that matched me

NP:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Suspended
    I've seen two Challengers on the road recently but I was never close enough to get a good look. As afr as I can tell, Dodge has done a good job (appearance wise) to replicate the 70's Challenger which gets a thumbs up from me.

I run 3.73 gears in my Formula (not supported by the factory so I was on my own as far as getting the speedo calibrated ) and a 3K stall torque converter in my Granny shifter so I can still light the tires off the line.

I was considering a Pontiac G8 GT for purchase this coming year, before deciding to keep my current ride (I like no car payments), and according to what I read at Edmunds and KBB the price for the GT would come in right around $30K. Don't know yet if I like the idea of racing around in a sport sedan though.

You're all a bunch of motor-heads!
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

42 Regular
    Fabulous, Patrick. Now...how's the stereo?
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

I'm not a big MoPar fan, but that looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    Mine looks like this except it's blue. Not built yet but is the first in line when they start production of the R/T 6-speed cars. Easiest car I ever ordered. Just getting the R/T model with the manual trans got me all of the options I wanted (345cu. in./375 HP Hemi and Track Pak being the most important). Significantly bigger car than my friend's 2006 Mustang GT 5-speed but those extra 75 ponies along with 404 lb-ft of torque should offset the additional weight (and then some )
    Lots of power too. I recently test drove a BMW 535i (I'm not selling my 330xi, I just wanted to drive the twin-turbo!. Besides, the the base price is about 61K!. Gulp), and it was unreal. It's hard to believe that a relatively small 3.0 liter inline 6 can go from 0-60 in 5.5 seconds and still get 22 MPG with normal driving. There is absolutely no turbo lag either, which is what kept them from making a turbo engine for all these years. I

Anyway, enjoy that new ride. Makes all those O.T. hours seem worth it!

Swishdaddy - loves driving fast
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MidFi
    Fabulous, Patrick. Now...how's the stereo?
    I got a Hemi to make music

There was an optional Alpine/Boston Acoustics system but I'm sticking with the base stereo for now. It has an mp3 input and I'll probably get better speakers at some point but this isn't my daily driver so tunes isn't much more than an afterthought. Besides, for 1/4 the cost of the factory stereo upgrade I can do better. A lot better.

Your dad's car must be worth a small fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    My old man has a 1970 Hemi Challenger which kinda looks like an aweful lot like your new ride, Slosh-man.

Sweet!

I know they go for $80,000 and up, mostly up, depending on condition. There is a place in PA that is the #1 restorer of MoPar cars in the world. They restored a Super Bee and could only use one original body panel as all the rest were rusted out. It cost a ton to do it, but the guy was offer something like $325,000 for it and refused! I believe it was the 68 hemi model, so it was quite rare.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Same as with navigation. The one in my car sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    I got a Hemi to make music

There was an optional Alpine/Boston Acoustics system but I'm sticking with the base stereo for now. It has an mp3 input and I'll probably get better speakers at some point but this isn't my daily driver so tunes isn't much more than an afterthought. Besides, for 1/4 the cost of the factory stereo upgrade I can do better. A lot better.
    ...although it was relatively cheap. It's normally a $2000 option but I probably paid closer to $500 for it. It works just ok and my Garmin portable unit that I bought a last year for my work car is sooooo much better. Take the fact that it was about $250 and you can take it to a friend's car, a rental car, even a boat since it has marine maps, and a factory navigation system just doesn't make sense.

Aftermarket is the way to go with your head unit. No question.

Swish - stating the obvious

Forum Regular
    Uh...mind if I take it for a spin?

I didn't change my mind. It changed all by itself.

I'm glad this thing has finally seen the light of day. Its been on the launch pad for three years and Chrysler finally pulled the trigger. Despite the rising fuel prices, I here that the pre-orders are off the chain.

A friend of mine, who hadn't seen the pics of this new Challenger asked me what it looked like, and I told him, "just like the Mustang, you'll know it as soon as you see it; its that close to the original".

Have fun, Sloshy.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Very nice Sloshy, however, I will under no circumstances "check out" your rear end.

Vanishing Point=best car movie ever.

My uncle has an orange '71.

Forum Regular
    Nice... my only hesitation (besides the price) would be the seemingly shaky future of Dodge...

Vanishing Point....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTrwneTNcrc&fmt=18

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    I know they go for $80,000 and up, mostly up, depending on condition. There is a place in PA that is the #1 restorer of MoPar cars in the world. They restored a Super Bee and could only use one original body panel as all the rest were rusted out. It cost a ton to do it, but the guy was offer something like $325,000 for it and refused! I believe it was the 68 hemi model, so it was quite rare.

Swish
    Dad's had some work done on it and it's not by any means the best conditioned unit out there, but it's pretty sweet. He had one before I was born and I guess had to sell it for a wagon or something when I was on the way...so when he retired he used some severance money for it, and sold in his old 383 Demon. I have no idea what he paid, but $70k was my guess, maybe it's more?

Anyway, nice ride. Hope gas keeps a-droppin...

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    this is THE ride! I've been collecting the data and playing with the "build your own" feature on the website. The R/T seems to offer the best value to performance ratio and shouldn't be 10%+ over sticker like the first 6400 SRT/8s. But, I'll have to wait after getting a bad case of the muscle car fever earlier this year which resulted in a Mustang GT/California Special.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Suspended
    I was just re-reading that thread in Fav Films (brought back up to the top) where you posted the pics of your 'stang dean. How's it been treating you?

So we have a Dodge and a Ford photo array here. Hmmm.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information