Forum Regular

Michael Rother & John Frusciante

are playing a couple of shows together this week, tommorow in San Francisco and the next day in Los Angeles.
    I'm sure many know John as the Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist, but Michael Rother is a founding-father of the Kraut Rock movement!!!

He was in early Kraftwerk, then was a driving force in NEU, then formed Harmonia w/some ex-Cluster members, he recorded with ENO and has released 8 or 9 solo LP's (CD's).

Not sure what to expect, but it should be a wild show, if anyone cares to here how it turns out, give me a shout, as I will be there!!!

Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by unleasHell
    are playing a couple of shows together this week, tommorow in San Francisco and the next day in Los Angeles.
    I'm sure many know John as the Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist, but Michael Rother is a founding-father of the Kraut Rock movement!!!

He was in early Kraftwerk, then was a driving force in NEU, then formed Harmonia w/some ex-Cluster members, he recorded with ENO and has released 8 or 9 solo LP's (CD's).

Not sure what to expect, but it should be a wild show, if anyone cares to here how it turns out, give me a shout, as I will be there!!!
    Thanks for the background on Rother. I have a cassette by him (I recorded it from someone, I don't know who) called Sterntaler, or something like that. I loved it, and used to play it to fall asleep by.

Don't think I'll make the show.

fp

Thread Information