Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    My favorite cheap beer is Old Style.

And, one of my favorite local bars, where you can catch some really good rockabilly/americana type bands along with the occasional garage/punk group sells cans of Old Style for a buck.

Yeah...I like the good stuff too...but when I'm gonna settle in for some serious drinking and don't have the wallet for a dozen imports or whatever, I'm nowhere near proud enough to forego a good drunken time by refusing to drink cheap beer.

Wow.
    The last time I ever drank that beer was 29 years ago, at a place called Jolliet (not sure about spelling), in illinois, at a university party, where I was a Canadian guest. Can't remember much, but I do remember that beer -- dang, it's still around, heh?

Bill

Yeah...its still around. I don't know what's up elsewhere, but for like the last 7-10 years the craze around St. Louis has been drinking the cheap old beers. I think I read an article about it called the retro beer craze or somethin'. There's even a local bar called the Tin Can that serves nothing but cheap beer out of cans...stuff like Old Style, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Stag, Old Milwaukee, Miller High Life, Schlitz and the like...

DustyChalk fact

Sometimes Dusty wears black socks with sandals! Even in California!

Quote Originally Posted by audiobill
    Wow.
    The last time I ever drank that beer was 29 years ago, at a place called Jolliet (not sure about spelling), in illinois, at a university party, where I was a Canadian guest. Can't remember much, but I do remember that beer -- dang, it's still around, heh?

Bill
    Oh my, Bill. Did it taste as bad as our cheapest of the cheap - Old Style Pilsner? You knew you were on a bad date if this was the only beer on hand.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by -Jar-
    that's some pretty good memory you got there, but not good enough, that's my dad who collects those. so far I just collect those damn silver discs with the pits and the not-pits, pls a few mason jars..

Outing your dad on a public message board, Jar? Nice....

(Make Davey stop using that scary clown avatar!)

Forum Regular
    I was once on TV in Birmingham Alabama trying to explain a Disc Golf tournament to the TV staff.

They did not get it.

But it was fun!

Dave

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny
    Sometimes Dusty wears black socks with sandals! Even in California!
    Lies!

They weren't sandals.
    Last edited by Dusty Chalk; 10-24-2005 at 10:19 AM.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    Lies!

They weren't sandals.
    Sometimes Dusty wears black socks and shorts with black shoes. I stand corrected.

Davey has a HUGE bald spot on the back of his head!

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky
    Davey has a HUGE bald spot on the back of his head!
    Ouch, you do know how to spank those monkey bones, eh? Technically speaking though, it only becomes a huge bald spot if the wind blows my comb-over out of place

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Ouch, you do know how to spank those monkey bones, eh? Technically speaking though, it only becomes a huge bald spot if the wind blows my comb-over out of place
    Heheheh... its such an attractive look for a man your age! xox

Snowbuns

(If thou doth protest not at all, people will think I'm not telling the truth!)

edit: niced it up

I like pie.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

What kinda pie? I make a mean pecan pie with homemade vanilla bean ice cream. And ,yes, it's PEAcan pie...make with fresh PEAcans!
    "And the three gifts of moving on are forgiveness, hope, and the great beyond, After that perhaps peace can come, Peace will come." -- Mary Chapin Carpenter (2007)

Okay, I'll tell you something about myself that I haven't yet (if I did, can't recall it): My son and I were featured guests on the Oprah Winfrey show (Oct. 97). More about that later...
    "And the three gifts of moving on are forgiveness, hope, and the great beyond, After that perhaps peace can come, Peace will come." -- Mary Chapin Carpenter (2007)

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Audio Girl
    Okay, I'll tell you something about myself that I haven't yet (if I did, can't recall it): My son and I were featured guests on the Oprah Winfrey show (Oct. 97). More about that later...
    What do you mean more later?! For you, later could mean 6 - 8 months from now! Fess up girl. Inquiring minds want to know.

Oh, and good to hear from you AG. How're you doing?

Oooooh, I know, I know! Was it because you sell drugs??? Is it??? Was it about women whose husbands are slightly cuter than they are??? I bet I saw you! Did you use your real name? MH? Was your face in shadow???

Come on Girl!

(Last week at my book club meeting we had Pinot Grigio and I immediately thought of you.)

Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    I like pie.

Hahahah.... that made my day. The message board said I had a reply to the post and when I opened my email it said "I like pie". That's all. I like pie. I have no idea why I found that so funny.

You're not still going with the aerobic Trinity, are you?

What kinda pie? I make a mean pecan pie with homemade vanilla bean ice cream. And ,yes, it's PEAcan pie...make with fresh PEAcans!
    I'll take one, please. Pecan pie is my favorite pie, and there is little I like better food-wise than homemade ice cream.

Pecan pie may be my favorite, although I really like pumpkin too. Once in a while I get in the mood for a good blueberry pie as well. And yeah, that homemade ice cream would be perfect with the pecan pie.

Good to see you. How have you been?

You're not still going with the aerobic Trinity, are you?
    No. I've been dating someone else for 8 or 9 months.

Why "aerobic"? Because she's very "active"? Because she's full of hot air?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    What do you mean more later?! For you, later could mean 6 - 8 months from now! Fess up girl. Inquiring minds want to know.

Oh, and good to hear from you AG. How're you doing?

hehehe, FA...doing well...preparing for our son's Round 2 in Iraq. How are you?
    Sorry, Snowie, it wasn't anything controversial at all -- I never did drugs, and, yes, my husband is MUCH better looking than I. But, he's stayed with this old biddy for more than 25 years. ;-)

Oprah's producers were doing a show about adolescents (primarily females) regarding their focused management of their body weight & self images. My son had always been thin, and as he entered the hormonal stage of development (around 15 y.o.), he became extremely concerned with his diet and ANY weight gain. And this kid was/is thin as thin could be...but like many of his peers at the time, there was an obsession to watch every morsal that was eaten. One of my friends knew the producer of this segment and mentioned Ryan's concerns. The producers called me and discussed the show, I refused because I didn't want either of us to participate, but we were on a flight the next day...the rest is history. It was a wonderful experience. Oprah was gracious and really enjoyed her interaction with my son. As a proud mother, I have to say that my boy looked STUNNING on television. :-) Following the show, I kept up with one of her producers for years. Ryan's poor eating habits subsided when he graduated from high school.

Sorry it wasn't juicier. I thought about making it much more "exciting" and twisting you guys for a few days but decided not.

Hope everyone is well!

Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    Pecan pie may be my favorite, although I really like pumpkin too. Once in a while I get in the mood for a good blueberry pie as well. And yeah, that homemade ice cream would be perfect with the pecan pie.

Good to see you. How have you been?

Pumpkin is one of my favorites too, and will be one of the things that I make for hubby and son for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I've never tried blueberry but there is a great steakhouse near our new home that makes the BEST! mmm-mmm-good. If you ever come to Dallas, Stone, I'll meet you there and treat you to a piece of blueberry pie...probably the state's finest.

Oooooh, I know, I know! Was it because you sell drugs??? Is it??? Was it about women whose husbands are slightly cuter than they are??? I bet I saw you! Did you use your real name? MH? Was your face in shadow???

Come on Girl!

(Last week at my book club meeting we had Pinot Grigio and I immediately thought of you.)

Hey, they used our 'real' FIRST names but not our last (producer's choice). We were wide out in the open, full throttle lights. I was petrafied and very relieved when Ryan did the talking. He was relaxed and did great! I tried to get him to model or act afterwards but he would have no part. He said he didn't want to do anything that required someone telling him what to do all the time! So...he goes and joins the Marine Corp????? Oh, that boy of mine...LOL...

Lord have Mercy, girl, I haven't drank Pinot Grigio in over 2 years. I now drink Pinot Noir, and La Crema is my favorite PN vineyard thus far. Nice of you to think of me though. ;-)

Snowys secret desire revealed here....

She wishes to become the Canadian Jerry Springer.

Decidedly southern pronunciation

The best peacan pies are from the south, since the majority of trees are down there. We had them all over Tennessee. Boy oh boy, do I miss southern cookin. Do they still have Church's Fried Chicken down there? mmmm....Hell, I miss pimento-cheese too. And fried chicken...ferget it...no one where I live has a clue how to cook it properly. And try to buy catfish here in a resturant; its expensive...yeah, I know...but I love fried catfish with hush puppies; mmmmm.

How is your son by the way?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information