Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    Now before you California Nuts start railing at me, just understand that I was sick and tired of all the publicity and hype they've received over the past couple of years...tired of hearing about their players, and even more tired from hearing about how Pete Carroll is such a genius. It was a great game, with a stunning finish, and hopefully USC can be relagated to the middle of the pack again with the start of the 2006 season.

Ok CA residents, go ahead and fire away at me.

Swish

OH, but I am for Texas, and I am so glad that we kicked their tails!!!!! :-0
    "And the three gifts of moving on are forgiveness, hope, and the great beyond, After that perhaps peace can come, Peace will come." -- Mary Chapin Carpenter (2007)

Forum Regular
    Wow, LSU fans at RR! We'll definitely have an "embarassment of riches" next year at QB and running back. As for this year, I blame their lack of focus against Ariz. St. (Should have lost) and Tenn. (loss) on Katrina. I believe I read somewhere that about 50% of their players had Katrina related issues, either property or family that were affected directly by the storm.

As for Georgia, since we took such a severe whipping, I won't say the final outcome would have been different, but had UCLA or Tx. lost earlier in the day or the previous week, LSU would have had a shot at the Rose Bowl going into the SEC championship game. But since both of those teams won, I think LSU's motivation level was down, essentially they were playing for a Sugar Bowl birth and the SEC championship. Tho not a small deal by any means, I think since the prize was materially smaller, their effort suffered.

Glad to hear we're on the verge of a top ten recruiting (or better) class.
    B.S. LSU, class of '73.
    Almost MBA, UT, '82
    Go Horns AND Tigers!

Forum Regular

Sure am!

Hey Swish, just saw your post as I was out for a few days attending my Grandmother's funeral.

I totally agree, the refs need to make the calls, and make the right ones. It seems that they slack off now that instant replay is used. In all fairness to them though, some plays happen so fast sometimes that it is almost impossible to see it correctly without instant replay. I havent totally decided if I like instant replay or not. It slows the game down too much in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    Holy crap! We got screwed 3 seasons in a row against you guys. How do you think Joe Paterno was able to get the Big 10 to agree to have instant replay reviews on disputed calls? Mich. was the main reason, although I think we got screwed in at least 4 games three years ago. I still bristle at the thought of it. It was obvious they lost because of poor calls...well, let's just say there probably would have been a different outcome IF THEY GOT THE CALLS RIGHT. Then again, how the fuck your coach was able to get 2 seconds added to the clock this year is beyond me. I was ready to jump thru the tv and choke that mother.

Look, I'm all about fairness and I don't even want to see PSU benefit from a bad call against an opponent. Refs should NOT determine the outcome of the game.Get the call right, that's the bottom line. Now if only we can get a real playoff so we have a true champion instead of this mythical s
    hit.

Swish, Still Bitter After All These Years

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duds
    that he didnt have a great game, he obviously did. But to call him the greatest college QB ever? I'm predicting he'll end up like Michael Vick in the NFL....over-rated. go ahead, hammer me for saying that, just my opinion though .
    How prophetic was this post?
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Forum Regular
    WOW -- no shyte..................lol !

Looks like Texas beats USC at the all-important money game as well.

The NCAA is allowing a raid on the USC juniors and seniors, in addition to severe penalties for paying players (that, like Sgt. Schultz, Pete Carroll knows nothing about).
    It will be interesting to see the other PAC 10 teams take advantage of this situation and try to move up.

While all this is going on, Texas flirts with the PAC 10 and then builds their own treasure chest by staying home, appearing indifferent to Colorado & Nebraska............ouch.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I wonder if Colorado and Nebraska bolts if Texas didn't pretend to look elsewhere...Its harder for western teams to do the super conference thing because of travel. Colorado fans are gonna grow to hate this.

and, eh-hem...I called the VY thing too, eh-hem...
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LB
    I wonder if Colorado and Nebraska bolts if Texas didn't pretend to look elsewhere.
    I wonder................Tom Osborne says he can't stay in the Big 12............but he didn't know Texas was dealing straight with ESPN...........WOW.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Is it open season on bumping old threads? (If so, I think I remember one that deserves a bump.)

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    Is it open season on bumping old threads? (If so, I think I remember one that deserves a bump.)
    ain't nuthin but G thang
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

And how amusing is it to watch USC squirm for all the...

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    ...violations perpetrated by the recently departed Pete Carrol? I never liked him and I'm sure a lot of USC fans, who loved him when he was winning, don't like him much now. Instead of getting a pro coaching stint, he should have been barred from the game and sent home with his tail between his legs. And that championship? It should have been stripped?

I was doing cartwheels when this story broke, and it's getting juicier by the day.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information