View Poll Results: Anyone up for a movie soundtrack comp?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah! This sounds like a fun project - count me in.

    4 100.00%
  • Not sure how much interest there would be or if I have anything to contribute but maybe

    0 0%
  • No! Not another group comp already!

    0 0%
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    PPG
    PPG is offline
    Forum Regular PPG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    167

    Group comp of movie soundtracks?

    If you like music from the movies and maybe have a small collection (or large) of movie soundtracks on disc, would you be interested in contributing to a group comp of tracks from various movies through the years? Rare or out-of-print stuff would be ideal. JC once did a movie music comp, but that's been a while ago - a group comp might be interesting.

  2. #2
    Close 'n PlayŽ user Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Highway 6, between Tonopah and Ely
    Posts
    2,318
    I have a lot of oddball ST stuff.

  3. #3
    Close 'n PlayŽ user Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Highway 6, between Tonopah and Ely
    Posts
    2,318
    Maybe I'm thinking of a different kind of ST comp. I'm thinking scores, incidental music and closing credits stuff. Jerry Goldsmith, John Carpenter, Carl Stalling, Lalo Schifrin, Bernie Herriman, Danny Elfman, James Newton Howard instrumentals kinda stuff. Don't think anything like that's been done around here.

  4. #4
    PPG
    PPG is offline
    Forum Regular PPG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    167
    Yeah, Troy, that's what I've got in mind. I got a track from "Creepshow" I'd like to throw on the comp, or some Vic Mizzy (famous for the themes to "Green Acres", "Addams Family", "Shakiest Gun In The West", etc.). Movies like "Body Heat", "Grand Canyon", "Blue Velvet", "Twin Peaks"...old sci-fi themes.

    Can you hear this audio file? http://www.dailywav.com/0702/attaboy3.wav

  5. #5
    Close 'n PlayŽ user Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Highway 6, between Tonopah and Ely
    Posts
    2,318
    Quote Originally Posted by PPG
    Yeah, Troy, that's what I've got in mind. I got a track from "Creepshow" I'd like to throw on the comp, or some Vic Mizzy (famous for the themes to "Green Acres", "Addams Family", "Shakiest Gun In The West", etc.). Movies like "Body Heat", "Grand Canyon", "Blue Velvet", "Twin Peaks"...old sci-fi themes.

    Can you hear this audio file? http://www.dailywav.com/0702/attaboy3.wav
    It's gone. That's what the page says, anyway.

    Yeah, maybe some Stewey Copeland on there too.

  6. #6
    Forum Regular BarryL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    1,085

    Sounds Good to Me

    Quote Originally Posted by PPG
    If you like music from the movies and maybe have a small collection (or large) of movie soundtracks on disc, would you be interested in contributing to a group comp of tracks from various movies through the years? Rare or out-of-print stuff would be ideal. JC once did a movie music comp, but that's been a while ago - a group comp might be interesting.
    Count me in. Give me a few weeks to collect a few tracks. Scores only from me. I don't know how exciting such a disk will be, but there's some fine movie scores out there.

  7. #7
    Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    below the noise floor
    Posts
    3,636
    I don't really have anything to contribute, save, perhaps, a track or two from the Mothman Prophecies soundtrack (featuring tracks from King Black Acid), but I thought I'd show some love for this project.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

  8. #8
    Forum Regular nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,964
    There's some good creepy instrumentals on the Lost Highway soundtrack by Angelo Badaamanti. If you'd want some, I could toss 'em your way.

  9. #9
    all around good guy Jim Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a dead sea of fluid mercury
    Posts
    1,900
    I'll dig around and see what I can come up with. No promises but surely I have something. I'll just re-read the thread to make sure it's what you're looking for. I'm guessing you don't want "Blood Is Pumping" from Blade 2!

    jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

  10. #10
    PPG
    PPG is offline
    Forum Regular PPG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    167
    There's some good creepy instrumentals on the Lost Highway soundtrack by Angelo Badaamanti. If you'd want some, I could toss 'em your way."



    HELL YES, that's the kind of stuff I'm wanting to get. PM me for address, etc.



    np: "Something To Tide You Over" John Harrison from Creepshow soundtrack. ("I can hold my breath a LONNNNG TIME!")

  11. #11
    Close 'n PlayŽ user Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Highway 6, between Tonopah and Ely
    Posts
    2,318
    Yeah, I really dig the Barry Adamson tracks from Lost Highway. Great atmosphere. He did another one called "Delusion" that has a few great moments on it.

    PPG, did I ever send you the "Trip 2" disc with the Broken Arrow Score as the closer? If not, I'll send it to you.

  12. #12
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    17
    I love soundtracks, I've got some cool stuff by Jon Brion (Magnolia & Punch Drunk Love) that I'd be happy to throw your way...

  13. #13
    dld
    dld is offline
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dallas, Tx.
    Posts
    246
    Count me in! Soundtrack from The Straight Story, scored by Badalamenti is killer, as is the Cat People coundtrack (by Badalamenti also???). Also, the end music to True Romance sondtrack is pretty fookin good to. Got a ton of this type stuff (lots of bad stuff too). Think Iv'e got the Twin Peaks soundtrack as well or maybe thats just the Julee Crusie LP.
    Do I have to spell it out?

    C---H---E---E----S----E

    A--N--D

    O---N---I---O---N---S

    Oh No

  14. #14
    In perfect harmony DarrenH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wolverine Country
    Posts
    552
    The soundtrack to the movie "Thief".

    Performed by Tangerine Dream. Always liked that for some reason. It's pretty killer.

    In fact, Tangerine Dream has done quite a few bits for the movie industry over the years. The music they did for the "Risky Business" soundtrack is pretty good also. Wish I had them to offer you.

    Darren
    Let the midnight special shine a light on me.

  15. #15
    PPG
    PPG is offline
    Forum Regular PPG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryL
    Count me in. Give me a few weeks to collect a few tracks. Scores only from me. I don't know how exciting such a disk will be, but there's some fine movie scores out there.
    Barry, I think how exciting it will be depends a great deal on how well I can seque the varied offerings and make the thing flow cohesively. I look forward to this project and your contribution.

  16. #16
    PPG
    PPG is offline
    Forum Regular PPG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by dld
    Count me in! Soundtrack from The Straight Story, scored by Badalamenti is killer, as is the Cat People coundtrack (by Badalamenti also???). Also, the end music to True Romance sondtrack is pretty fookin good to. Got a ton of this type stuff (lots of bad stuff too). Think Iv'e got the Twin Peaks soundtrack as well or maybe thats just the Julee Crusie LP.
    Sounds very cool, Dave. I like Badalamenti and the Twin Peaks music.

  17. #17
    PPG
    PPG is offline
    Forum Regular PPG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    PPG, did I ever send you the "Trip 2" disc with the Broken Arrow Score as the closer? If not, I'll send it to you.
    Troy, I'll have to check my collection and see if I have that. I know for sure you sent me Trip 1, but not sure about Vol. 2...(edit) actually I'm pretty sure I don't have Trip 2.
    Last edited by PPG; 05-09-2004 at 05:20 AM.

  18. #18
    dld
    dld is offline
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dallas, Tx.
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by PPG
    Sounds very cool, Dave. I like Badalamenti and the Twin Peaks music.
    Rick, I'll just mail you five or six cuts from a few soundtrax I have and you make the cuts. Hey, maybe I won't even tell you what song is from what soundtrack, you just pick the cut you want and then I'll tell you its name. Or mebbe I'm wasted and thats not a really good idea.....
    Do I have to spell it out?

    C---H---E---E----S----E

    A--N--D

    O---N---I---O---N---S

    Oh No

  19. #19
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,380

    Yes, count me in

    My pick will be from Passenger 57......Stanley Clarke

    Sounds like an interesting idea since there is so much music from sondtracks that you won't hear unless you watch the movie.

  20. #20
    PPG
    PPG is offline
    Forum Regular PPG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    My pick will be from Passenger 57......Stanley Clarke

    Sounds like an interesting idea since there is so much music from sondtracks that you won't hear unless you watch the movie.
    Alright WyFi! Stanley Clarke, great choice.

  21. #21
    Forum Regular BarryL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    1,085

    I need your address

    Quote Originally Posted by PPG
    Barry, I think how exciting it will be depends a great deal on how well I can seque the varied offerings and make the thing flow cohesively. I look forward to this project and your contribution.
    Please e-mail me your address at linetsky(at)istar.ca

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Connected bands/artists comp
    By PPG in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 08:46 AM
  2. Superbit DVDs?
    By paul_pci in forum Home Theater/Video
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 07:36 PM
  3. OT: Go see this movie
    By ForeverAutumn in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-24-2003, 07:06 PM
  4. Season's Greetings 2003 (comp talk)
    By Davey. in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-04-2003, 05:13 AM
  5. Idea for a Beatles-related group comp
    By MindGoneHaywire in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-24-2003, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •