Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    Actually, the problem appears to be my cheapo version of Media Monkey, but only when using it to play songs. I had a ton of stuff saved to the library, so I played a few randomly and every one crackled and popped like a bowl of Rice Crispies. I used it to rip the first Nobody comp since that upload worked perfectly, and when I played it back using Media Player, it sounded the way it should.

Not sure how to fix this but I guess I just won't use it for playback, which I rarely do anyway. At least I've identified the problem.
    Must be a DSP or EQ or volume leveling setting or maybe the direct sound setting.
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Well, I never fooled with those settings from the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    Must be a DSP or EQ or volume leveling setting or maybe the direct sound setting.
    ....I installed it. I just took a look in the tools and the baseline volume was set to 89 db and clipping prevention was checked. The EQ had the original settings, all flat, and there was no DSP checked.

So, I'm not sure if I should try to fix it or live with it. As I mentioned, I rarely use it for playback and only did this time to check a couple of Nobody's tunes since they were flac files that aren't supported in Media Player.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    I just took a look in the tools and the baseline volume was set to 89 db and clipping prevention was checked. The EQ had the original settings, all flat, and there was no DSP checked.

So, I'm not sure if I should try to fix it or live with it. As I mentioned, I rarely use it for playback and only did this time to check a couple of Nobody's tunes since they were flac files that aren't supported in Media Player.
    Hey Swish,

A friend of mine told me about the same problem after he grabbed my comp and he switched the "Direct Sound" output option to "Wave" and the problem went away. Apparently there's a driver setting or something on his computer (he's a gamer) that MediaMonkey didn't like.

FWIW he did burn my comp to CD-R with MediaMonkey before changing this setting and it came out perfect.

I know you don't use MM for playback but since it will only take a couple of seconds to fix. . . . .

NP:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Well, all this tech stuff just makes me crazy...

Hey Swish,

A friend of mine told me about the same problem after he grabbed my comp and he switched the "Direct Sound" output option to "Wave" and the problem went away. Apparently there's a driver setting or something on his computer (he's a gamer) that MediaMonkey didn't like.

FWIW he did burn my comp to CD-R with MediaMonkey before changing this setting and it came out perfect.

I know you don't use MM for playback but since it will only take a couple of seconds to fix. . . . .

NP:
    ...hey, wait a second...that was easy. Problem solved. Kudos to your friend...and you.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

NP:
    Nice one. Burned to CD and listening to it as I type. Great sound too. Thanks. Guess I better stop posting for awhile since there doesn't seem to be anyone else around. My whole first page says Davey after almost every post. That's Ok, I'll be gone for a few days anyway. See ya next year!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information