Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Uh...last I checked, this isn't a Zune forum, so ... right back at ya.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

test the blind blindly emorphien's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    Uh...last I checked, this isn't a Zune forum, so ... right back at ya.
    This is a Zune thread which you folks have decided to crash.

meh... Who cares if I have atoms... plus, you DO remember the elitist jerks thread...don't you? yeah...a JOKE

ok, wireless...as of right now, VERY pointless. WMA, who cares?? iTunes can easily convert them to AAC or MP3... (AAC is equal to or better than WMA) and bigger screen means bigger device. I could care less about the screen size... and you do realise that in approx. Q4 of this year, apple is very likely to release a touchscreen like iPod (similar to the iPhone) so suck on THAT

(oh yes, just to let you know, I am currently looking for new speakers, i'm interested in Von Schweikert VR-2's, Magnepan MMG's and if I can find on, maybe some Apogee Centaurs...)

edit: The zune is the SAME price as the iPod... $249 at most places for both...

Quote Originally Posted by audio_dude
    meh... Who cares if I have atoms... plus, you DO remember the elitist jerks thread...don't you? yeah...a JOKE

ok, wireless...as of right now, VERY pointless. WMA, who cares?? iTunes can easily convert them to AAC or MP3... (AAC is equal to or better than WMA) and bigger screen means bigger device. I could care less about the screen size... and you do realise that in approx. Q4 of this year, apple is very likely to release a touchscreen like iPod (similar to the iPhone) so suck on THAT

edit: The zune is the SAME price as the iPod... $249 at most places for both...
    LOL! Yeah a touch screen iPod will be great. That should be almost as great as a touchscreen remote control..which sucks to use. I can see every time you stick that touchscreen iPod in your pocket (or in your arse, which you probably would like better) every button getting pushed. Every time you take a step...buttons getting pushed. Should be great. In case you haven't noticed, touchscreens are universally hated.

And FYI, the Zune is $224. Bigger screen than iPod, wireless, costs less. It's just that simple.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16855604002

When are you going to realize that every time you say something about the Zune, we're going to prove it wrong. What would you like to say next?

the biggest issue... does it come in an 80gig model? eh? oh, whats this? it doesn't? oh, sorry, too bad.

oh, and theres one thing ur not getting about touchscreen... its called the "HOLD" switch, you use it when you put it in your pocket, almost all iPod owners do it now anyway.

so you're touting that its got a bigger screen...and costs less... great, so those are the only advantages??
    What about the music store? Zune marketplace sucks ass, iTunes has over 2 million songs, and it now has TV shows and even movies! beat THAT!

Like i said before, if you like the zune and it works for you, great. But there is an advantage to owning an iPod.

(oh, and another advantage, the iPod still looks damn cool... The zune, well, not so much...)

good grief enough with the ipod fanboyism, it doesn't even have a place in this thread

I'm going to end this right now:

audio_dude, I spent more money on my Zune than you did for your entire home speaker system. Therefore, nobody cares what you think because you're obviously clueless. Come back when you can hang with the big dogs.

If there WAS an 80 gig Zune...you couldn't afford it.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emorphien
    This is a Zune thread which you folks have decided to crash.
    You're the one that said 'forum', pedant.

That said, you're right, I'm threadcrapping, and I know I hate it when haters come into my thread with their hating, so I'll stop...
    Last edited by Dusty Chalk; 03-18-2007 at 01:02 AM.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    You're the one that said 'forum', pedant.

That said, you're right, I'm threadcrapping, and I know I hate it when haters come into my thread with their hating, so I'll stop...
    and forum was quite appropriate, I was telling you to go somewhere that wants the kind of crap you're posting. There are plenty of iPod forums which are more appropriate for that than a general audio forum.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    somewhere...brain cells have died an agonizing death.

LOL

N.Abtentia... shut the **** up...
    i could really ****ing care less about what you think of my speakers... and your zune did NOT cost more than my stereo...

OK, i said the zune was fine, you like it, GREAT! personally, i like my iPod better, you like the zune, lets just agree to disagree and stop bashing each other over the head because my head hurts.

"Therefore, nobody cares what you think because you're obviously clueless"
    This is the most insulting thing I have ever read... why are you judging me based on the fact that I've not got as much money as you? Knowledge is not shown based on the material goods one owns.

oh, and with those active 40's you're just sooooo much better than me. I'd rather be with the mature kids than the "Big Boys" eh?

Forum Regular
    I realised when I went to college that I would never need the FM radio feature. Through my first few MP3 players, it was a good thing to have, cause I rarely went too far from home. But now, with 30 (or 80) gigs of music, why listen to the radio, where you are more than likely spending half your time listening to commercials. Unless I suppose if you like a certain radio show, but then just use your home stereo to listen in.

Anyway, FYI, I ended up getting the nano ipod and e3g headphones, not because I like ipods or apple better, but because it is....well...nano. Even with a measly 2GB, I can hold most of the music I like.

I'm not trying to bash the Zune, in fact I am interested in seeing how it evolves. Maybe there will be a Zune-nano?

LOL

OK, i said the zune was fine, you like it, GREAT! personally, i like my iPod better, you like the zune, lets just agree to disagree and stop bashing each other over the head because my head hurts.
    Now that's better. Apology accepted. You may go now.

Besides, I'm too busy with my Zune! So far I've downloaded over TEN GIGS of music with my Zune pass and it hasn't cost me a cent! They even have the new Rush!!!!

hey, i'm going nowhere, ...

YOU still haven't apologized for insulting me... THATS when i'll leave your Zune thread.

Well you said yourself that you had never even SEEN a Zune, so I'm sticking with 'clueless' and I'll add 'ignorant'. This is why everyone is bashing you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    I'm not trying to bash the Zune, in fact I am interested in seeing how it evolves. Maybe there will be a Zune-nano?
    I think MS has hinted at more Zune products (i've seen rumors of small flash players and phones, not to mention an 80gb version of the current model).

Personally I have found iRiver to provide more for the money, including features and sound quality. 3.5 years ago when I got my iHP-120 it had the iPod easily beat in features and sound quality and in fact it still has some features the current players can't touch when it comes to music playback.

When I was shopping for a flash player I wound up with a 4gb Clix because it's relatively software free, small and can play videos competently. I've never fallen for the iPod hype, instead I just compare features, build reliability and price. IMO there are players worth more than the iPod in terms of features and performance but they won't sell for more because the public is so blinded by the iPod. Not that the iPod is bad, I just don't personally think it's the best but there's nobody more defensive than an iPod user it seems.

uhh, N.Abstentia... i've SEEN zune's, just never USED one, so i can't comment on the user experience.

But i've used the Zune marketplace software at a friends house, and the music selection, while ecclectic, isn't really that great.

edit: did you even get my point about why you should apologize? you insulted me by saying i'm an idiot who's opinion doesn't matter simply because my stereo doesn't meet your "requirements" in the price range...

N.Abstentia, 10gigs with the zune pass, great! if your happy with that payment model, its perfect! personally, i'd rather buy the CD, but for that price, its really not a bad option...

you love the zune, great! i love my iPod, great!
    we're both happy, just say sorry for insulting me and you guys can go all you want about your zune

we're both happy, just say sorry for insulting me and you guys can go all you want about your zune
    Eh, we're just breaking your balls.

Now go get your f*cking shinebox.

one sec, i'll one up you and get my poor-boy getup on too.

i'm not leaving this thread alone 'till i get an apology

one sec, i'll one up you and get my poor-boy getup on too.

i'm not leaving this thread alone 'till i get an apology
    good grief

so i went to the local electronics store...

...and played with the zune for a while...

actually, its pretty decent. screen is pretty nice, menu's are alright, things were pretty much in the right place.

I don't really like the d-pad though, i dunno, theres just so many other innovative control methods out there... just seems archaic. but it does its job.

it IS a little bigger and heavier, but it feel comfortable in the hand, and the plastic finish is pretty good.

While i'm still an iPod fan, i think the zune has got my vote for the microsoft lovers and/or ipod haters looking for an alternative.

It's amazing what one can find out when one opens up one's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    It's amazing what one can find out when one opens up one's mind.

hmm... i'm trying to decide to take that as insulting sarcasm, or a very insightful statement...

in the interest of wanting to pummel you in the face, i'll take the first option...

just apologize, it makes it easier for both of us (your part being both of your eyes match...)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information