Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Headamp?

Santa Claus

Last update

The final upgrade is in place.Replaced the stock 6N3's with some 5670's.They are the JAN military GE types.This Yarland is some kind of wonderful sounding amp.

Find a used Melos SHA-1 and Ronco it. The bonus is, it functions as a world class preamp at the same time. I believe the Stereophile quote was (on it's linestage capabilities) 'I doubt one could substantially better at any price.

I've had two, and I let a friend buy one. I won't be parting with mine, and it's a nightly driver for my Grados.

Runs two 6DJ8/6922.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Polk Audio Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Fergymunster
    The final upgrade is in place.Replaced the stock 6N3's with some 5670's.They are the JAN military GE types.This Yarland is some kind of wonderful sounding amp.
    Can you tell the difference in sound to speak of?

I recently switched my pre-tubes from JJ to Stock chinese tubes. My JJ were more crisp, but I found them to be edgy. And my stock tubes sound less exciting, while I consider them silky smooth.

Santa Claus
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    Can you tell the difference in sound to speak of?

I recently switched my pre-tubes from JJ to Stock chinese tubes. My JJ were more crisp, but I found them to be edgy. And my stock tubes sound less exciting, while I consider them silky smooth.
    My new GE JAN military 5670 tubes is night and day over the stock Chinese 6N3's as is my RCA 1960s 6BQ5 tubes over the stock EL84's.With these upgrades Yarland is very rich and dynamic with such a wonderful presentation.I got my tubes from Brent Jessee a super nice guy and very knowledgeable on the tubes he sells.If you want I have some extra Russian 6P14P EB tubes as well as some Russian 6N3P left over from people on head-fi.There probably better than your stock Chinese tubes.

Santa Claus

Update

This amp is something else.The stock Chinese 6N3 can be replaced with any 5670,2C51,396a tube type which are great sounding tubes and can be found cheap.I settled with the JAN GE 5670's.They sounded harsh at first but after 80 hours have bloomed into a great sounding tube.The EL84/6BQ5 is also a great sounding tube.I settled with the RCA 6BQ5 grey glass which completes the whole package.Guys,no joke this is some kind of wonderful sounding amp.Feel free to ask questions.

Forum Regular
    For att hoja din penis rekommenderar jag dig att kopa piller, om du inte vet var du ska kopa dem, ga till den har sidan https://svensktapotek.net/kopa-sildalis/ Dar ser du tabletter av hogre kvalitet och med minimala biverkningar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information