Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    A demo is viewable here incl. a forum

www.apogeeclub.de i cant edit the posts and none of the owners seem to care..

-Flo
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    A demo is viewable here incl. a forum

-Flo
    A very nice start Flo. Good work.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    So we cant use the term Gay for definition of Joyous and Lively , Merry,Britght,Brillant or it may offend somebody.If people see everthing in context they have a serious problem .
    If that was how the word was meant to be used and not a derogatory remark. After all he took offense at a comment made in another post regarding Germany's past. If people can not see things in the context they are used or choose not to they have a serious problem.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Love the list - here are few more hybrids:
    www.rawacoustics.com (also DIY)
    www.av123.com
    www.salksound.com

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    no idea
    Why do they show E-Stat ,Eric,Geoffcin,Sir Terrence for Moderators if nobody is helping.Go to the source the girl with the eye LARA she runs the show

Forum Regular
    Also www.ambiencespeakers.com.au/

Excellent wide range ribbons

Let's not forget the legendary Jecklin, even if it's "only" a headphone:

I've only once seen them, in a music store in Bern, Switserland. Could be very well it was this one ... http://www.jecklin.ch/
    Rick Vansloneker

Akronaudiotec

Akronaudiotec designs and manufactures planar, ribbon and conventional speakers:
    http://www.akronaudiotec.com.br

Bohlender Graebener

You forgot to include Bohlender Graebener planar radia speakers- the best speaker in the world bar none.

[/center]
    click here -----!----click here --------!---click here--!----click here ----------!----click here ----!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alternate A.---------!---------Lightning Sound---------!---------Transmission Audio---------!
    click here--------------!---------click here---------------------!---------click here--------------------------!

Links to the Manufactures!

VMPS-----------!---Genesis-----!------Eminent-Tech------!----Gilmore Audio----!
    click here ------!---click here --!------click here--------------!----click here-------------!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ER Audio------!------Final--------!------NewformResearch--------!
    click here------!------click here--!------click here-----------------------!

Links to the Manufactures!

Swan-----------!---LCY Ribbon------!---HPV Tech---!---Fountek---!---Orca Design---!
    click here -----!----click here --------!---click here-----!---click here -!----click here ------!

Dynasonic PLL-------!----AurumCantus----!
    click here-----------------!----click here-----------!

Manufacturers out of business/ or no more ribbon production

Apogee Acoustics (1982-1998)

click here for the best information site

Infinity

click here for a good classics site (English)
    click here for a complete Infinity classic site (German)
    [/QUOTE]

Hi Florian,

I did post a thread to tell you that I loved the look of your system, and wanted to know where you got those beautiful lamps in the teaser photo, but I think you didn't see the post.

By the way, I responded to a thread several months back, saying that I'd seen a pair of Grands out of Las Vegas go for 15K, which you questioned, and as it turns out, you were right. Actually, I found out that they were the Full-Range (as new), and not the Grands. Can you tell me what the difference is between these two loudspeakers? I do notice a subwoofer on the Grands, but don't see one on the Full-Ranges. Are the Grands better than the Apogee Full-Range, and if so, why?

Thanks

Hello there,

my lamps are from "Transparent Acoustics" and are made out of small chips of wood. I use them as diffusors. The Fullrange was the first Apogee ever made and in my book, still the second best speaker made by Apogee. The Grand was Apogees "Tour de France" of speakers, imagine a Fullrange wiith fully active crossovers, 8 amplifiers and two Krell Master Reference Subwoofers. Thats pretty much what a Grand ist. They only made 17 pairs of the Grand and mine is Nr. 7 Feel free to PM me your number and i can tell ya more. The height is 2,25 meters and the weight is aprox. 1300lbs per side. The current used price for a Grand is 105k plus shipping, used. A "old" Fullrange is aprox. 15k like you saw, and aprox 32k when restored.

Cheers

Flo

Thanks Flo,

The Grands are very beautiful looking. My lord, 1300lbs per side!! I am very intrigued by the active crossover approach. It's an expensive way to go, but the reasons for the benefits of active crossovers seems to make a lot of sense. I'll have to run a search on the lamps.

I think your philosophy is similar to mine, in that the system should be in harmony with the environment one lives in. Thats what I'm always looking to accomplish (although not always successfully) and what I like so much about your system. Although the Grands are very large, you managed to blend them into your living space so well.

I'd love the opportunity to talk to you in person, but I'm in the US, and if I'm not mistaken you are in Germany, and I don't have VoIP yet.

Hello,

no worries about that. Just PM me your number, my international calling rates to the US are downright silly cheap

You might want to add to your list

ESS, at one point (later, I think) the maker/marketer of the Heil AMT (Air Motion Transformer), and used it in comb with 8' 10" or 12" woofs in cabinet.
    I forget the name just now.

The AMT is a bit tricky and I am not sure that I completely understand it. It's an ESL and inside it is flat, so I guess it's a planar.

I've got a pair but have not yet had time to open.

Thumbs up

Some update should be in order.

Your Apogee Acoustics link should be: http://www.apogeeacoustics.com/
    Your Perigee link should be: http://www.apogeeacoustics.com/
    This is because Perigee is a model of Apogee Acoustics and not a manufacturer.

Apogee Speakers that is an information site and should instead be added as: http://apogeespeakers.com/

The Transmission Audio link should be corrected to: http://www.transmissionaudio.com/

Cheers!

Jerker Lindborg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information