Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41
  1. #1
    Forum Regular Florian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,959

    List of Planar speaker manufacturers! !NEW!




    What is this section?


    In this section you will find lots of information about the companys and speakers that they build. If you don't see a planar speaker manufacturer in here and know of one, please post below and i will add it to the top (i will give credit), so that we can keep it organzied




    Links to the Manufactures!


    Thanks goes to Pat P, Feanor, Peter Duminy, GMichael for helping me by adding Manufacturers!


    Apogee Acoustics----!----Magnepan----!----Acoustat----!----SoundLab----!----Quad----!
    click here------------------!----click here-------!----click here --!----click here -----!----click here-!

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Audiostatic---!---Martin Logan---!---Perigee---!---Analysis Audio---!---Innersound---!
    click here -----!----click here --------!---click here--!----click here ----------!----click here ----!

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Alternate A.---------!---------Lightning Sound---------!---------Transmission Audio---------!
    click here--------------!---------click here---------------------!---------click here--------------------------!





    Links to the Manufactures!


    VMPS-----------!---Genesis-----!------Eminent-Tech------!----Gilmore Audio----!
    click here ------!---click here --!------click here--------------!----click here-------------!

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    ER Audio------!------Final--------!------NewformResearch--------!
    click here------!------click here--!------click here-----------------------!





    Links to the Manufactures!



    Swan-----------!---LCY Ribbon------!---HPV Tech---!---Fountek---!---Orca Design---!
    click here -----!----click here --------!---click here-----!---click here -!----click here ------!

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Dynasonic PLL-------!----AurumCantus----!
    click here-----------------!----click here-----------!




    Manufacturers out of business/ or no more ribbon production




    Apogee Acoustics (1982-1998)

    click here for the best information site

    Infinity

    click here for a good classics site (English)
    click here for a complete Infinity classic site (German)
    Last edited by Florian; 10-12-2005 at 03:06 PM.
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

  2. #2
    Forum Regular PAT.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    ont ,canada
    Posts
    1,096

  3. #3
    Forum Regular PAT.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    ont ,canada
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    Flo I had to removed the / for ER audio (sent you to another site)now its the good one .Sorry

  4. #4
    Forum Regular Florian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,959
    Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    Thanks Pat, it has been added. It's kinda stupid that we have 2 threads now with almost the same titles, but no moderator wants to erase it since it would only show my work and not everyone elses eventough i give credit, and stated that many times. But oh well, what ca ya do.

    -Flo

  5. #5
    Forum Regular PAT.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    ont ,canada
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    Thanks Pat, it has been added. It's kinda stupid that we have 2 threads now with almost the same titles, but no moderator wants to erase it since it would only show my work and not everyone elses eventough i give credit, and stated that many times. But oh well, what ca ya do.

    -Flo
    Did you do the correction for Er audio.

  6. #6
    Forum Regular Florian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,959
    Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    Did you do the correction for Er audio.
    I did, but i don't see speakers anywhere.

  7. #7
    Forum Regular PAT.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    ont ,canada
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    I did, but i don't see speakers anywhere.
    I had a slash/ before and when I edit it did'nt show you that I had make the change.Its at ER Audio www.eraudio.com.au

  8. #8
    Forum Regular Florian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,959
    Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    I had a slash/ before and when I edit it did'nt show you that I had make the change.Its at ER Audio www.eraudio.com.au
    Fixed!

  9. #9
    Forum Regular PAT.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    ont ,canada
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    Fixed!
    You are really putting alot a spare time on this section.Its all coming up In a good way .It will benefit all in long run to understand the different technology in a speaker.I always had box and never heard there was a alternative to them until I saw your threads.Im willing to learn.

  10. #10
    Forum Regular Florian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,959
    Thanks Pat! That all that this section is for, to show people that there are other speakers out there too. And as you can see, quite a lot too Some people think otherwise tough, but i am sure that in the long run this section will be visited too. The next thread will be a a collection of pictures from Planar systems and how to place them right.

    Cheers

    Flo
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

  11. #11
    Shostakovich fan Feanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    8,127

    Many thanks, Florian

    And congradulations on your successful efforts. Thanks too, to AudioReview.

    I need to mention that a couple of accidental omissions:
    From the Planar Hybrids section ...
    http://www.newformresearch.com/

    From the DIY section ...
    http://www.aurumcantus.com

  12. #12
    Forum Regular Florian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    And congradulations on your successful efforts. Thanks too, to AudioReview.

    I need to mention that a couple of accidental omissions:
    From the Planar Hybrids section ...
    http://www.newformresearch.com/

    From the DIY section ...
    http://www.aurumcantus.com
    Thanks Feanor! How about sending me a picture of you 1.6 setup to f.wiegand@t-online.de so that i can add it in the new gallery?

    -Flo

  13. #13
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    116
    Hi Flo,

    Can you remove Monsoon Audio from the list of DIY and Ribbon Driver Makers please. I am getting calls here from around the World from Engineers thinking they are in operation once more. This is not the case. Monsoon is not in operation. Thanks, Peter.

  14. #14
    Forum Regular Florian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Duminy
    Hi Flo,

    Can you remove Monsoon Audio from the list of DIY and Ribbon Driver Makers please. I am getting calls here from around the World from Engineers thinking they are in operation once more. This is not the case. Monsoon is not in operation. Thanks, Peter.
    Wow, so someone is reading this :-) It has been removed.

    Thanks

    Flo

  15. #15
    Forum Regular PAT.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    ont ,canada
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    Thanks Pat! That all that this section is for, to show people that there are other speakers out there too. And as you can see, quite a lot too Some people think otherwise tough, but i am sure that in the long run this section will be visited too. The next thread will be a a collection of pictures from Planar systems and how to place them right.

    Cheers

    Flo
    Its like the movie Field of Dream (KEVIN COSTNER) If you build it,they will come.

  16. #16
    Forum Regular PAT.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    ont ,canada
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Duminy
    Hi Flo,

    Can you remove Monsoon Audio from the list of DIY and Ribbon Driver Makers please. I am getting calls here from around the World from Engineers thinking they are in operation once more. This is not the case. Monsoon is not in operation. Thanks, Peter.
    Peter The Monsoon must of been pretty good if your getting calls around the world from Engeneers.Ever thought on making your own brand with all the R&D on your belt?

  17. #17
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    116
    Hi Pat,

    I had thought about doing that in the 1980's but it always became a financial problem, and headache. I think my calling in life is RD&D after 34 years of it now. Still enjoy every moment of it.

  18. #18
    Forum Regular PAT.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    ont ,canada
    Posts
    1,096
    Flo Here another one Jans Zen manufacturer of Electrostatic Hybrid www.janszenloudspeaker.com

  19. #19
    Forum Regular Florian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,959
    That is soo gay! I can't edit this post either anymore. The software they use on this page is bugged liked hell. I will write a new page and host in on my own servers and write a link to it. I would display it in real time, but this site doesnt allow "iframes". I wrote Ericl and Gef. but Geof said he is no longer a moderator, and eric doesnt reply and i am not a moderator anymore for picking fights with RGA.

    -Flo
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

  20. #20
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    116
    Good to see JansZen is back once more. I heard their ESL's in the U.K. many moons ago, and they were excellent IMHO.

  21. #21
    Class of the clown GMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anywhere but here...
    Posts
    13,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Duminy
    Hi Pat,

    I had thought about doing that in the 1980's but it always became a financial problem, and headache. I think my calling in life is RD&D after 34 years of it now. Still enjoy every moment of it.
    Sounds like you need the parter or partners to compliment what you do best.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

  22. #22
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    That is soo gay! I can't edit this post either anymore. The software they use on this page is bugged liked hell. I will write a new page and host in on my own servers and write a link to it. I would display it in real time, but this site doesnt allow "iframes". I wrote Ericl and Gef. but Geof said he is no longer a moderator, and eric doesnt reply and i am not a moderator anymore for picking fights with RGA.

    -Flo
    Did you not get upset yourself when someone made a comment that could be derogatory to you.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cone, Benz MC Gold, Fanfare 3/PSU 1.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    JBL Studio 530's/Sanus SF22 stands
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

  23. #23
    Forum Regular PAT.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    ont ,canada
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Did you not get upset yourself when someone made a comment that could be derogatory to you.
    So we cant use the term Gay for definition of Joyous and Lively , Merry,Bright,Brillant or it may offend somebody.If people see everthing in context they have a serious problem .
    Last edited by PAT.P; 10-14-2005 at 05:28 AM.

  24. #24
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Sounds like you need the parter or partners to compliment what you do best.
    That's a good idea. I think Karl-Heinz in Germany did that with his R&D Company here:

    www.fink-audio.com

    Great suggestion.

  25. #25
    Class of the clown GMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anywhere but here...
    Posts
    13,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Duminy
    That's a good idea. I think Karl-Heinz in Germany did that with his R&D Company here:

    www.fink-audio.com

    Great suggestion.
    Flo seems to have a lot of contacts in this field, as well as enough knowledge to fake his way through a conversation. (sorry Flo. I can't get through a post without at least one joke) If it works out, don't forget who's idea it was and cut me a break on a few speakers.
    I do a lot of business, but not in this field so I don't have the contacts needed (or the cash flow).
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •