Angry WTF?? Who's running the NCAA?

Mike Williams, reciever extraodinaire for 'SC, was denied reinstatement today by the NCAA. Someone explain the logic of this decision to me. He applies for the NFL draft and hires an agent after the courts throw out the NFL requirement that all players be 3 years removed from HS. After that ruling is overturned, he fires his agent, returns all of the endorsement money (with receipts), enrolls in Summer classes to make progress towards his degree, passes the classes, and is then told he's SOL by the NCAA. So now he can't play in the NFL AND he can't play in college. Oh yeah, that makes sense!
    How is this possibly his fault?

Can anyone else say "lawsuit"?

A kinder, more student-athlete friendly NCAA, huh?

Sure it is.

Forum Regular
    Here is where they should have made an exception to the rule and specifically said it was an exception. As long as he stays in shape he still will be a top 10 pick come next April. If he's smart he will take classes and continue working on his degree. Depending upon how well he does at the combine, he could be the #1 pick in the draft, even without playing college ball this year.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    I'm a huge SC fan myself and I couldn't believe they wouldn't let me him play. Did anyone else read before the decision came out that there was an appeal process? Something like if the decision wasn't favorable then it'd go to another group of professors, coaches? Now there's nothing about that. Weird.

Also, a little rumorville...supposedly Williams didn't "pass" his classes to the NCAA's liking. Rumor has it he got a C and D and the NCAA needed a C average. Regardless, I think the NCAA screwed him over big time. Or if hadn't been "greedy" and anxious to play NFL so quickly he wouldn't be in this mess and the Trojans would be a lock for the championship. Oh well...

V,

After watching the BCA game, I'm more po'd than ever! Good grief, our receivers couldn't catch a cold! Dropped passes, wrong routes, inability to shake loose. We need Big Mike in a bad way.

I dunno, the Trojans looked better in the second half (they always do) but so far, I'm not impressed. Those young 'uns better step up!

Fight on!

Thread Information