Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    If you are serious about the Strata then you might wanna jump on it, then decide what you wanna do with them. If you do decide you dont wanna keep the SP3, you can always sell it on A'gon or even here assuming we still have a classified section.... SP3 can be sold for $450 in a flash. That would make an incredible bathroom system though..but tubes and rapidly changing humidity/temp might be a problem....

JRA

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Yes, Maggies are still high on my list. I like Totems too. So Many good speakers, so few rooms to put them in.

i do know that feeling from somewhere...
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    If you are serious about the Strata then you might wanna jump on it, then decide what you wanna do with them. If you do decide you dont wanna keep the SP3, you can always sell it on A'gon or even here assuming we still have a classified section.... SP3 can be sold for $450 in a flash. That would make an incredible bathroom system though..but tubes and rapidly changing humidity/temp might be a problem....

JRA
    Don't nudge me too hard. I might end up spending the money we saved up for a bedroom set. Honey would kill me. Hmmm.... But she did say that these speakers would match our living room nicely. Hmmm.... And they won't be on sale much longer. Hmm.... The SP3 and .5's would sound great in the computer room. Honey has been bugging me for a better system in there. She says, "The music doesn't sound the same in here."
    Hmmmm........
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Don't nudge me too hard. I might end up spending the money we saved up for a bedroom set. Honey would kill me. Hmmm.... But she did say that these speakers would match our living room nicely. Hmmm.... And they won't be on sale much longer. Hmm.... The SP3 and .5's would sound great in the computer room. Honey has been bugging me for a better system in there. She says, "The music doesn't sound the same in here."
    Hmmmm........
    GM we are 2 lucky guys. I asked wifey 'bout dropping some $$$ on those C-7's (although I probably won't get them) and she was like "do what you want". She says that about everything. It's nice to have support with this expensive hobby. You really gotta have support to pull off a 15" Titanic in the house. Perhaps I'll start a thread on the subject for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    GM we are 2 lucky guys. I asked wifey 'bout dropping some $$$ on those C-7's (although I probably won't get them) and she was like "do what you want". She says that about everything. It's nice to have support with this expensive hobby. You really gotta have support to pull off a 15" Titanic in the house. Perhaps I'll start a thread on the subject for the fun of it.
    Uh, you do know what "do what you want" in 'women speak' means right? It translates roughly to, "You should know the right thing to do by now. I shouldn't have to tell you. And if you don't do it right, you'll get no nookie for a month."

This has been a public service for you younger studs out there.

Yeah, we are lucky. When I showed these to Honey, I was expecting, "What! More d'm speakers?!" But instead I got, "Those look great! They'd look perfect in our living room."
    I almost fainted. Then she through in the bit about putting the tube amp and .5's in the computer room and I started checking to make sure she wasn't a pod person. I guess she's finally noticing the difference between music and good music.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Uh, you do know what "do what you want" in 'women speak' means right? It translates roughly to, "You should know the right thing to do by now. I shouldn't have to tell you. And if you don't do it right, you'll get no nookie for a month."
    hmm.......it wasn't a "do what you want" , it was a "do what you want" . I guess that should make sense.

Oh, I'm only looking to drop $400 on the C-7's but the guy won't budge under $550. $1500 on a pair of speakers would be a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    hmm.......it wasn't a "do what you want" , it was a "do what you want" . I guess that should make sense.

Oh, I'm only looking to drop $400 on the C-7's but the guy won't budge under $550. $1500 on a pair of speakers would be a different story.
    Glad to hear that it was a happy do what you want. Sometimes it's hard to tell one from the other unless you are listening closely.
    Bedroom shopping is tomorrow. I hope we don't find anything we like.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information