JSE

What happened to this Forum?

What happened to this Forum? It used to be a happenin place. No more! Hardly anyone posts hear anymore.

My thought, I think most of us got a little burned out with all the Pre-Election political arguments last year that were not winnable by either side. I know I significantly cut down my participation in political topics. But what the hell. Where is everybody? I know the little mini-exodus a few months ago when the new site administration came in ran off a couple people but those who left really did not post in this forum. I used to post all the time and now I post maybe once every week or two, if that.

JSE

I think people might have gotten burned out on politics after the election. i know i did. Although I didn't participate too much as I don't want to get political on the board I administer, i definitely was reading all the threads with interest. I really enjoy discussions between those of different political stripes, when the participants keep it civil. And you guys do a great job of that here. Exchanging different views while staying respectful. I appreciate it.

-Eric

Hi guys.

I too think we just talked ourselves out. Realistically, we prolly know each other better on certain topics than most of our "real" friends!

That plus for me life has been very very busy, work and private life.

It does give us all a great advantage. I may not agree with, say, those long haired hippie freaks ( ) but at least I know where they're coming from.

And wait till the next election! Or tax reform, ss, or any real fight comes up (vs the trial balloons being floated). We'll all be at it again!

Pete
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Abraham Lincoln

I don't know 'bout burn out...

Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    What happened to this Forum? It used to be a happenin place. No more! Hardly anyone posts hear anymore.

My thought, I think most of us got a little burned out with all the Pre-Election political arguments last year that were not winnable by either side. I know I significantly cut down my participation in political topics. But what the hell. Where is everybody? I know the little mini-exodus a few months ago when the new site administration came in ran off a couple people but those who left really did not post in this forum. I used to post all the time and now I post maybe once every week or two, if that.

JSE
    Just trying to make more "profitable" use of my time. I will say that the conversations were getting such that I either wasn't qualified to respond, or others were better versed at what I had to say. So in the interest of participation, as you can see, I made up for my abscence!LOL

It's like comming home after a long trip! Feels kinda good to be back, even if only for a short while.
    Karl K.

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line... in the opposite direction.

Thread Information