Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Suspended
    I'm surprised it worked myself. I have a Photobucket account that allows me to use IMG tags that include the link to the source site.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    I'm surprised it worked myself. I have a Photobucket account that allows me to use IMG tags that include the link to the source site.
    Oh yeah. That's how people can post so many pics at a time. I've been meaning to learn how to do that but never seem to make the time.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    I'm feeling a little testy these days.
    1. We don't care about size Rich, hey it's your nut.

2. Please do that in private in the future. This is a family board. Plus FA wouldn't want to see this filth either.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

JSE
    BTW, I sent a PM to SB last week that included a picture of me...

Haven't seen hide nor hair of her since.
    You just better hope she never sees this photo or she'll be all mine.

Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    You just better hope she never sees this photo or she'll be all mine.

Is that a Pina Colada?
    JBL Speakers
    Sony BDP-550
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    Is that a Pina Colada?
    Frozen Margarita.

Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    Frozen Margarita.
    That is good.
    JBL Speakers
    Sony BDP-550
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

nightflier
    So I'm getting the sense that every thread about Obama eventually narrows to a discussion about alcohol or the size of someone's manhood. Seems to me that this would be much more apropos in Bush's first term, after all, he'd probably join in the conversation. Or are ya'll just miffed that Obama's the type of guy who probably wouldn't do that?

Suspended
    There's a method to my madness 'flier.

Suspended
    Cartman, if she found out what you do for a living she'd dump you like so much turkey manore(sp?).

JSE
    She's not into exotic dancers?

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    So I'm getting the sense that every thread about Obama eventually narrows to a discussion about alcohol or the size of someone's manhood. Seems to me that this would be much more apropos in Bush's first term, after all, he'd probably join in the conversation. Or are ya'll just miffed that Obama's the type of guy who probably wouldn't do that?

I started it so I can end it however I want!

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

Yeah right...

better?
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Suspended
    Welp, looks like this thread's back on track (barely) so I'm outta here!

JSE
    Welp, looks like this thread's back on track (barely) so I'm outta here!

Give it time.

nightflier
    So Sticks, what're ya sayin'?

Can I have Rich's portion?

Forum Regular
    I was thinking of posting a serious comment, but I'm afraid that might spoil the whole ambience of this thread.
    All we are saying, is give peas a chance.

So Sticks, what're ya sayin'?
    This site is populated by a vast number of individuals whose political ideals run the gambit from far Right to far Left. Within that group a good many, if not most, present educated arguments and strive for a common sense middleground all of which will be based on life experience and perception.

There's been a great deal of conflict 'round these parts recently, mostly between folks that have known each other(in a virtual sense) for several years or more. If the conversation went adrift it seems not so much a boys-will-be-boys thing but the natural giddy reaction derived from the proverbial female belch at a social gathering or a fart from the pulpit. It's awkward.

Most of the conservatives on the board have been forward in their willingness to give the incoming President a chance. And, I can't think of anyone that has categorically stated that the last eight years haven't been politically or socially redoubtable. Peeps recognize the need for a change, the amount of which may be debatable but it's too early on for that debate to be informed.

All that said, there's nothing wrong with a little intellectual and civil dissent. One can mention challenges, one can note tactical errors and one can even question the validity of certain choices in a meaningful and respectful way, which was the direction in which this thread was going before it became clear that sans more data this would turn into yet another ideological polemic.

It seems to me that if there was a discernable avoidance of hostility that it was done in the spirit of comraderie and positivity, albeit infantilistic. Nobody ascribed any of said infantilism to Obama's character. It wasn't a trashing. You, on the otherhand, seem to have drunk the Kool-Aid and anything less than absolute reverance toward BHO is cause for yet another trollish diatribe against the evils of corporatism and successful
    individuals. The vid was merely to show that, contrary to your assertion, within the Obama machine there are also individuals who might stretch the boundaries of accepted taste.

At some point in the healing process of a nation you gotta get along to go along, especially in discussions of the hazy particular versus the defined paradigm.

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    This site is populated by a vast number of individuals whose political ideals run the gambit from far Right to far Left. Within that group a good many, if not most, present educated arguments and strive for a common sense middleground all of which will be based on life experience and perception.

There's been a great deal of conflict 'round these parts recently, mostly between folks that have known each other(in a virtual sense) for several years or more. If the conversation went adrift it seems not so much a boys-will-be-boys thing but the natural giddy reaction derived from the proverbial female belch at a social gathering or a fart from the pulpit. It's awkward.

Most of the conservatives on the board have been forward in their willingness to give the incoming President a chance. And, I can't think of anyone that has categorically stated that the last eight years haven't been politically or socially redoubtable. Peeps recognize the need for a change, the amount of which may be debatable but it's too early on for that debate to be informed.

All that said, there's nothing wrong with a little intellectual and civil dissent. One can mention challenges, one can note tactical errors and one can even question the validity of certain choices in a meaningful and respectful way, which was the direction in which this thread was going before it became clear that sans more data this would turn into yet another ideological polemic.

It seems to me that if there was a discernable avoidance of hostility that it was done in the spirit of comraderie and positivity, albeit infantilistic. Nobody ascribed any of said infantilism to Obama's character. It wasn't a trashing. You, on the otherhand, seem to have drunk the Kool-Aid and anything less than absolute reverance toward BHO is cause for yet another trollish diatribe against the evils of corporatism and successful
    individuals. The vid was merely to show that, contrary to your assertion, within the Obama machine there are also individuals who might stretch the boundaries of accepted taste.

At some point in the healing process of a nation you gotta get along to go along, especially in discussions of the hazy particular versus the defined paradigm.
    Jou Jus call me "infantilistic"?!?!

Jes mang, jes me did...

...nuttin' but Big Bwoy, rasta-Sticks luve for dem pappy show, Cartman duppy...

Irie, irie, eh?

JSE
    Jes mang, jes me did...

...nuttin' but Big Bwoy, rasta-Sticks luve for dem pappy show, Cartman duppy...

Irie, irie, eh?
    coo, Jus shecken mang!

I didn't bring my diaper today, but you can still call me Hughie.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Did I promise?

... Well I lied.

It seems to me that if there was a discernable avoidance of hostility that it was done in the spirit of comraderie and positivity, albeit infantilistic. Nobody ascribed any of said infantilism to Obama's character. It wasn't a trashing. You, on the otherhand, seem to have drunk the Kool-Aid and anything less than absolute reverance toward BHO is cause for yet another trollish diatribe against the evils of corporatism and successful individuals. The vid was merely to show that, contrary to your assertion, within the Obama machine there are also individuals who might stretch the boundaries of accepted taste.

Far Left?? By no means, friends. Nobody here has expressed "far" Left views as the term has a world-wide meaning.

So far skewed to the Right is U.S. politics that it has distorted sensibilities of what is "common sense", "middle ground", "respectful", or "accepted taste". Concepts that challenge American conventionalities, ("defined paradigms"), are exterminated by Right-wing intellectual death squads.

Didn't somebody at CNN recently describe Rush Limbaugh as "currently the most prominent Republican"? I believe the biggest threat to the U.S. isn't Socalist, (much less Communism), but Fascist. (Or a more precise historical parallel, Falangist: look it up.)

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    ... Well I lied.

Far Left?? By no means, friends. Nobody here has expressed "far" Left views as the term has a world-wide meaning.

So far skewed to the Right is U.S. politics that it has distorted sensibilities of what is "common sense", "middle ground", "respectful", or "accepted taste". Concepts that challenge American conventionalities, ("defined paradigms"), are exterminated by Right-wing intellectual death squads.

Didn't somebody at CNN recently describe Rush Limbaugh as "currently the most prominent Republican"? I believe the biggest threat to the U.S. isn't Socalist, (much less Communism), but Fascist. (Or a more precise historical parallel, Falangist: look it up.)
    For someone who doesn't have disdain for Americans, you sure do trash the US a lot.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information