Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Talking They are finally starting on my house!!!!!!

After signing our contract last July they are finally going to start on our new home.
    The bank drug their feet until the end of November so it was too late to start last fall. I still say they knew interest rates were going up and that's why they were so slow. So now I get to pay them an extra $150 per month for holding me up.
    But now the weather is breaking, and today they cleared the trees off the lot. Tomorrow they dig. Monday they start the foundation. Can't wait! Saturday we get to start picking colors.

This is great! We've been waiting for what seems like 4ever. That new HT room is on the way!

WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    After signing our contract last July they are finally going to start on our new home.
    The bank drug their feet until the end of November so it was too late to start last fall. I still say they knew interest rates were going up and that's why they were so slow. So now I get to pay them an extra $150 per month for holding me up.
    But now the weather is breaking, and today they cleared the trees off the lot. Tomorrow they dig. Monday they start the foundation. Can't wait! Saturday we get to start picking colors.

This is great! We've been waiting for what seems like 4ever. That new HT room is on the way!

Cool GM!! How long before their done?

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    Cool GM!! How long before their done?
    The builder "says" less than 6 months. Time will tell.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Sorry about the Bank and your extra $$$ on mortgage .Any picks on ground breaking ceremony?Keep us inform!

Congratulations on the start. I wish you lot's of happiness in your new home.
    Never trust a Bank. It's the bigest racket going. Strangley so, "Banker" rimes with something very similar!!!!
    Good Luck and I would love to hear your progress.

Peace

Bernd
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    Sorry about the Bank and your extra $$$ on mortgage .Any picks on ground breaking ceremony?Keep us inform!
    No ceremony. Just dig baby dig.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Bernd
    Congratulations on the start. I wish you lot's of happiness in your new home.
    Never trust a Bank. It's the bigest racket going. Strangley so, "Banker" rimes with something very similar!!!!
    Good Luck and I would love to hear your progress.

Peace

Bernd
    I can think of a few things that ryme with Banker.

Thanks,
    Hoping to get pictures of the dirt Saturday when we run out to pick colors.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Congrats on the new home-to-be...My wife and I are already planning our next one, I'll probably start that when she gets back from Australia next spring (she's leaving me for 6 months )

As for the HT room planning...I've got 2 words for ya - "Infinite Baffle".

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Congrats on the new home-to-be...My wife and I are already planning our next one, I'll probably start that when she gets back from Australia next spring (she's leaving me for 6 months )

As for the HT room planning...I've got 2 words for ya - "Infinite Baffle".
    6 months? And I thought it was bad that mine is going for 1 month. Time to re-arange things?

Infinite baffle huh? Like a down firing sub from the attic? Hmmm... My wife would kill you.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    6 months? And I thought it was bad that mine is going for 1 month. Time to re-arange things?

Infinite baffle huh? Like a down firing sub from the attic? Hmmm... My wife would kill you.
    It doesn't have to be an addict...just an adjacent room...far superior to any sub, sealed, ported or otherwise IMO. Good for music or HT. And fairly cheap if you do it right.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Congrats to you and your family, GM! After 6 years in what was supposed to be a "temporary" residence (my parents' old house that I grew up in), we finally moved into a new home January of last year. We didn't build though, but it was only 2 years old.

You need to attach a bigger pic of that floor plan to a post or something. Man, I remember searching through tons of floor plans thinking we might build before we found our house. It almost became a past-time like listenening to music, reading the paper, etc.

It's funny that down here builders don't like starting projects in the spring because it gets so hot in the summer. We had a very mild winter this year. Our new neighbors started building in late fall and they're almost done.

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    Congrats to you and your family, GM! After 6 years in what was supposed to be a "temporary" residence (my parents' old house that I grew up in), we finally moved into a new home January of last year. We didn't build though, but it was only 2 years old.

You need to attach a bigger pic of that floor plan to a post or something. Man, I remember searching through tons of floor plans thinking we might build before we found our house. It almost became a past-time like listenening to music, reading the paper, etc.

It's funny that down here builders don't like starting projects in the spring because it gets so hot in the summer. We had a very mild winter this year. Our new neighbors started building in late fall and they're almost done.
    Let's see if I remember how to attach a pic. This plan is actually slightly different than what we are getting. This was from a modular builder that we were going to go with before our current customer builder made us a better deal. 99.9% of it is the same though. It's still kinda plain and modular-like but it's what we could afford.

Oh cool, here's a copy of our actual plans as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Or maybe not. I don't seem to have a larger pic here at work. I'll try from home later.

Kam
    congrats!!! cant wait to see it come together and live vicariously through you! haha.
    /create

Congrats GM. Building a home can be one of the most stressful things you'll go through, so my advice to drink heavily .

BTW, unless your builder is a tract builder like Centex or Lenar, I wouldn't plan on spending Halloween at your new abode. Either that or your market has tanked and the builders are sitting idle. Normally it takes 8mos-1yr depending on how custom it is.

Like I said, drink...a lot.

Don't worry GM!!!! I'll help you drink. As a matter of fact I'll get started right now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Congrats GM. Building a home can be one of the most stressful things you'll go through, so my advice to drink heavily .

BTW, unless your builder is a tract builder like Centex or Lenar, I wouldn't plan on spending Halloween at your new abode. Either that or your market has tanked and the builders are sitting idle. Normally it takes 8mos-1yr depending on how custom it is.

Like I said, drink...a lot.
    I'll need to drink a lot? I better start practicing tonight. Thanks for clueing me in on that.

It's not very custom at all. Very boxy. But it was in the budget. Next time we'll go for the special double delux with sprinkles and a cheery on top.

Don't worry GM!!!! I'll help you drink. As a matter of fact I'll get started right now!!!

Awwwwa.... What are friends for? But hey! Wait a minute. Don't you have a sub to finish? Come on man. Back to work. I wanna hear that new system from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    congrats!!! cant wait to see it come together and live vicariously through you! haha.
    You can come see it in person. We'll only be about 90 minutes away.

Awwwwa.... What are friends for? But hey! Wait a minute. Don't you have a sub to finish? Come on man. Back to work. I wanna hear that new system from here.
    Finished!

Finished!

And? Well? Come on, how does it sound? Where's the update?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    You're going to pick out your own colors? I had been in negotiations with the Fab Five to remodel. I was going to tag along. Oh well congrats on the house.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Or maybe not. I don't seem to have a larger pic here at work. I'll try from home later.
    Let's try again. Here is the original modular before small changes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    You're going to pick out your own colors? I had been in negotiations with the Fab Five to remodel. I was going to tag along. Oh well congrats on the house.
    We kinda have an idea of what we want already. But if you can be in PA by Saturday 3PM you are welcome to join us and put in your 2 cents.

Let's try again. Here is the original modular before small changes.
    There will be a 2 car garage under the kitchen/dining/living room area. Basement under the rest of the rooms. (this is where the pool table will live & my 2 channel system will begin to grow) Then a 10' by 28' deck out the kitchen door. Full roof on that and completely closed in by sliding glass doors (minus a small section in the upper corner for the grill) The half wall between the kitchen & living room becomes a 1/4 wall with counter tops the other 1/4. The whole house will be 2 feet wider. The living room, master bath & master bedroom all get the extra 2 feet along that front wall. The living room will double as the HT room, getting darker colors.

More later. Time to drive home.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information